• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Some trip pics (moved from where I first stuck them on RECKY's thread)

yellowcake

Here's a few from my trip, too  ;D

Showing the colours, in the queue outside the O2 Arena (scarf was bloody handy!) and wristbanded with ticket. Photos by my special new friends from the line, who then bought me a pint  :vhappy:
DSC00010.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

A rock show (some are accidently arty  ;))
DSC00044.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

Oh, that rock show...
DSC00047.jpg

One for the homesick poms...
DSC00135.jpg

yellowcake

marinermick said:
please, please tell us about the zep?

Posted from London to the old forum...

OK since this forum's heading for the archives I guess I should finalise this thread.

For the record - it was THE BEST rock show I've ever seen (and there's a lotta years and a lotta shows in that). And yes there were rough bits, like you'd expect for a band that's not really match fit. I don't know how the reviews have been. You can't trust self-obsessed journalists who just want to get their name in the paper (Richard No one!)

They said people of all ages from 50 countries attended. I promoted CCM to all I spoke to. Some Scotts in the merch line knew Fergie, Stewie P AND Lawrie (and, well Juninho).

I'm actually bloody glad I brought a scarf!

(If you are still with me) the playlist was:

Good Times, Bad Times
Ramble On
Black Dog
In My Time of Dying
(A new one)
Trampled Underfoot
Nobodys Fault But Mine
No Quarter
Since I've Been Loving You
Dazed and Confused
Stairway to Heaven
The Song Remains the Same
Misty Mountain Hop
Kashmir
----------
Whole Lotta Love
----------
Rock and Roll

Why was it the best?

Well, more than the sense of occasion ("people of all ages from 50 different countries") and the phenominal expense, the band simply cooked. Each members virtuosity (and Jason doing a fine job of Bonzo) had lost nothing over time and together they were better than the sum of the parts. It would be hard to say on the basis of the show that they were not / are not the greatest rock band of all time. The visual and sound technology has obviously improved from 28 years ago too. The press reports I've now seen were consistently good too.

I'll add my post from the "YOUR FAVOURITE MOMENT OF CONCERT?" thread from the Led Zep forum

1. Ramble on, when the sound had been tweaked from what was fairly grey and ordinary in GTBT I realised that the 11,000 mile journey + $$$ was going to be a small price to pay for the 'holy grail' rock show I'd waited 30+ years for...

...then it just got better.

2. A quirky one. In STH, following the line
"And the forests will echo with laughter"
Robert clearly wasn't going to go the cliche with the spoken line from TSRTS but goaded the crowd with open palms which instantly responded with a clearly audible chorus of "does anybody remember laughter" from up front.

3. Next day when the Evening Standard came out I saw a headline board outside the Waterloo tube "LED ZEP STORMS LONDON", but the adjacent board was a screamer "TV STAR BITES HOMELESS MAN"

In truth, having unexpectedly getting a passcode to buy a ticket from the ballot on the Thursday before the show, having loved them but never having seen them before, I know if I hadn't gone I would have regretted it for the rest of my life. (And we didn't have a home game that weekend  ;))

dibo

'since i've been loving you' is surely up there as one of the most incredible bits of music of the last 50 years. i'd *love* to see that played live...

~Floss~

dibo said:
'since i've been loving you' is surely up there as one of the most incredible bits of music of the last 50 years. i'd *love* to see that played live...
That stood out for me when I saw it in his list too.
Whenever someone says JP was a bit sloppy or not that great a guitarist, I tell them to go listen to that song. I wonder if you could hear the bass-drum pedal squeaking in the live version LOL

P

Pete

Floss said:
dibo said:
That stood out for me when I saw it in his list too.
Whenever someone says JP was a bit sloppy or not that great a guitarist, I tell them to go listen to that song. I wonder if you could hear the bass-drum pedal squeaking in the live version LOL

Page plays to the edge of his ability, definately does not hold back live, so sometimes stuffs up things or gets a bit out of time. Huge cred for doing that rather than over rehearsing and playing  comfortably. There has been times in his career too, when he has been quite ill for a variety of reasons, and still went on stage. Those times, he would not have been in form, and probably didn't do his reputation any good.

Yellowcake, I want to thank you for posting those pix up and your story. I'm sure a lot of us are envious that you got the tix and went along. 1 in 1 million (or longer odds) for sure.

I will admit in the original thread on this gig, that I was sceptical about the band being able to pull it off, given their individual lack of activity over the years (some producing work I know, but they haven't been regular gigging, any of them). The reports from the show suggest I was wrong, and happy to admit that.

The backdrop behind the stage looked like one hell of a big video presentation, and the light show must have been huge too.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Yellow, you lucky lucky marinator you.......i'm just gonna have to whack on the headphones and put "how the west was won DVD on...REALLY...REALLY F'N LOUD!!!!!!!

goodonya...thanks for the pics

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb