• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Summer Sixes '10 - No Boots??

Gibbsy

Just read the rules document for the Summer Sixes and found it outrageous that " No boots allowed", Joggers or turf style boots only.

This is ridiculous in terms of safety (slipping over, etc).

Can anyone, perhaps Darren offer a reason for this?

Kareem

well well
Me and my mates from SEU decided not to play futsal comp at Woy Woy, so we could play summer 6's. But if this is the rule, then I can confirm I will take my team elsewhere.
This rule is plain absurd. Safety concerns, and it also affects my footballing enjoyment (I absolutely love playing with my boots).
Good luck getting the numbers this year!
Simply put, we are only playing with boots!

Kareem

looks like its on monday nights...
directly competing with niagara park

Futsal= no washouts. Still no boots (but not a safety aspect), more realistic size of goals, faster paced game.
Negative: the management of the competition (although in winter competition it seems to have improved)

6 a side= similar to outdoor in some ways, more players (i think it's a positive), more professional (internet fixtures and results).

Fighting a losing battle.
Me and my friends have been actually debating which to sign up for...I have been leaning towards 6 a side, but this new decision is just plain crazy.

Please change! you have to let boots.

marinermick

I have no problems with no boots and actually think it will be safer than wearing boots. I will just wear my cricket shoes or buy some touch shoes and will be just fine. After all it is just a bit of fun of the summer to keep me fit for winter football.

I am playing in the pharmacuetical cup in a few weeks and that is no boots as well. Isn't the budgie comp also no boots?

If the policy means that pluim will be in better shape over the winter then sensitive people should put this move into perspective, both with the saving of pluim and the friendly nature of the competition.

Kareem

if they want to save pluim park for winter...simple- dont run a summer sixes!
oh but wait...they would lose out $$$$
my bad- i cant seem to find a compromise

marinermick

if they want to save pluim park for winter...simple- dont run a summer sixes!
oh but wait...they would lose out $$$$
my bad- i cant seem to find a compromise

yes, they are making $$$$... so what, the money goes back in the coffers to help us all

but they are also providing a football opportunity over the summer where very little exists - boots or shoes it is still a football opportunity

Kareem

yes, they are making $$$$... so what, the money goes back in the coffers to help us all

but they are also providing a football opportunity over the summer where very little exists - boots or shoes it is still a football opportunity
niagara park- monday night futsal
West gosford- Tuesday and Friday night Mens
- Thursday Mixed
Woy Woy- Wednesday Nights
Lakehaven- Thursday nights
Mingara- 6 a side (Thursday night?)
Tuggerah- the have had last 2 years????
Kanwal 6 a side

Seems like plenty of oppurtunities....I got no problem if they want to make money, but not if they are ripping us off.
If the field genuinely cant handle studs...then they should avoid any summer use!

darrensprod

All

The policy is no boots to protect Pluim Park as we want to ensure that we continue to improve its surface for our core business (winter football). I think you will find most (if not all) summer sixes type football will be no boots this year as council are asking this for their grounds as well I belive.

I dont think this is ripping anyone off as we are quiet clear up front and we will fully understand if you choose not to play.

Lastly Kareem has put a number of options for indoor up here that provides alternatives but I would assume that you couldnt wear your boots indoor either :rolleyes:

Regards
Darren

Kareem

Hey Darren
I appreciate your normally respectful posts
But your little sarcastic dig is a tad bit foolish and unfounded
Pretty simple to read my earlier post...

Futsal= no washouts. Still no boots (but not a safety aspect), more realistic size of goals, faster paced game.
Negative: the management of the competition (although in winter competition it seems to have improved)

FYI the boots factor personally was a positive factor to choosing 6 a side for the very reason you said (and myself as well)- that boots can't be worn in indoor. I just felt you have lost a key advantage (to a lot of people- others dont care either way).
i personally know 2-3 teams not competing (and more surely will not play), but no doubt others won't care, and they'll come - power to them!

woodchuck

No boots on lush green grass will be a problem, granted that the competition is for fun and to keep fit etc, but the Premier comp I assume will be pretty intense. We were putting in a side until boot issue came up, will definitely have to think about it now - and that is just feedback, not having a go, rules are rules and I can understand why CCF have gone with this one, just seems a little Mickey Mouse with no boots.

marinermick

Having no boots os not an issue to people who play touch, cricket and hockey (on grass). These are all sports that require quick turning, stopping and sudden movement.

People are blowing this out of proportion.

As I said previously, I play in the pharmaceutical cup and their rule is "no boots" because of the safety aspect. Has not been a problem to the quality and standard.

Don't knock until you have tried it.

Kareem

Having no boots os not an issue to people who play touch, cricket and hockey (on grass). These are all sports that require quick turning, stopping and sudden movement.

People are blowing this out of proportion.

As I said previously, I play in the pharmaceutical cup and their rule is "no boots" because of the safety aspect. Has not been a problem to the quality and standard.

Don't knock until you have tried it.
have tried playing without boots. I end up on my ass a lot. Not fun
would rather play barefoot almost :p

Gibbsy

Mick, you a harping on the "im just gonna buy some touch/turf shoes" point but really, players shouldnt really have to should they? Im not sure if you managed to watch the Grade finals and semi's at pluim over the weekend, but having seen them myself I noted a lot of players slipping over.

marinermick

Mick, you a harping on the "im just gonna buy some touch/turf shoes" point but really, players shouldnt really have to should they? Im not sure if you managed to watch the Grade finals and semi's at pluim over the weekend, but having seen them myself I noted a lot of players slipping over.

Summer sixes are a far cry from a Premier League Grand Final and the pace they play at.

Besides what are they to do if council stipulates it? Also, I also notice that all the other six-a-side comps are non-boots as well. I don't see you are having a go at them and not the other comps? What's your agenda Gibbsy?

People are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Kanwal Bull

The last time I played on grass without boots Eggy almost broke my nose... but that prob would have happened anyway :p

Wombat

I'll be playing in over 35 comp for the apptly named Kariong Kripples. Whats all the fuss about with no boots...the ground will be hard soon.
I'll wear Trainers or indoor boots (no studs).
Anyone else playing in the old fart's comp?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred