• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Supporters Buses to the Big One

jockey

Given we've got to travel to the GF, away from our home ground, shouldn't someone (FFA or Mariners) be offering a subsidised bunch of coaches to the game?

How good would it look with 50 YELLOW & NAVY buses rolling into town?

How much money would we save?

How much CO2 would we be reponsable for reducing?

How much traffic would be reduced?

Lets's get behind asking for a fleet of supporter buses!!!!

Les :vhappy:

P

Pete

I could talk to my employer about running shuttle buses from Gosford to SFS or ANZ (whichever is the venue)? But the last time I asked I was told that Sydney Buses has a problem with the distance travelled - and the fact the buses are only buses and not coaches.

Sydney Buses certainly has the fleet capabilities, and while they'll be busy with work for the Moore Park precinct on that day, the Northern Region buses don't see a lot of the Moore Park work usually. I do hope someone from the FFA and/or the Mariners club places a call to Sydney Buses and at least asks the question.

jockey

:goodpost:

Thanks Pete,

I was thinking more the Central Coast Bus Companies like Red Buses, Busways & the private operaters.

I don't think normal bus or coach would be a problem. Pay a bit more for a coach, a bit less for a general bus.

Les

fish

Given in V1 the club did they may well do so if not the Marinators will be working with Ticketek at the Club to organise something so relax and well see what we can do.

Blackadder

Pete said:
I could talk to my employer about running shuttle buses from Gosford to SFS or ANZ (whichever is the venue)? But the last time I asked I was told that Sydney Buses has a problem with the distance travelled - and the fact the buses are only buses and not coaches.

Sydney Buses certainly has the fleet capabilities, and while they'll be busy with work for the Moore Park precinct on that day, the Northern Region buses don't see a lot of the Moore Park work usually. I do hope someone from the FFA and/or the Mariners club places a call to Sydney Buses and at least asks the question.

Indeed unless it is a emergency, (ie sudden rail shutdown) Sydney Buses aren't authorised to operate North of the Hawkesbury River.

P

Pete

Too right Blackadder, and the 80klms limit from the depot comes into effect for heavy vehicles (MOTregs) -which means the driver has to have a logbook by law -  and that's something Sydney Bus drivers don't have.

Mind you, going 90 klms flat out (even on a newer bus) for a sprint along the F3 is fairly different driving to what we are used to. I know guys who have driven as far north as Wyong when the rail lines are cut, but yes that has been an emergency situation. I don't know, though, if the same restrictions apply if we have an organised charter.

In all honesty, though, you'd be better off chartering coaches so the ride along the F3 is better than a hard revving standard bus.

Jeff (LouMacari)

As Fish said, the Marinators Club will be working with whomever we can to secure that Marinators Club members are looked after. We'll post as soon as we know what's happening.

P

Pete

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
As Fish said, the Marinators Club will be working with whomever we can to secure that Marinators Club members are looked after. We'll post as soon as we know what's happening.

Gotcha! :thumbup: :eek:verhead:

BAD BULLZ

Pete said:
Too right Blackadder, and the 80klms limit from the depot comes into effect for heavy vehicles (MOTregs) -which means the driver has to have a logbook by law -  and that's something Sydney Bus drivers don't have.

Mind you, going 90 klms flat out (even on a newer bus) for a sprint along the F3 is fairly different driving to what we are used to. I know guys who have driven as far north as Wyong when the rail lines are cut, but yes that has been an emergency situation. I don't know, though, if the same restrictions apply if we have an organised charter.

In all honesty, though, you'd be better off chartering coaches so the ride along the F3 is better than a hard revving standard bus.

dude this is an emergancy the mariners are in the FARKIN GF AGAIN FIRE UP

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred