• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

the forum

adz

Staff member
Thanks for the input; I've enabled email activation for new registrations and changes of email, but left it open for guests/lurkers to view. I think the reason SFCU closed theirs for guest viewing is a bandwidth issue.

Let me know if you spot anything else or have any feature requests.

ballantyne said:
I'd like to add a few points to this discussion:
1. This SMF app is well regarded, but you have the security set too low. I was able to register without an email activation step.
2. I just checked Sydney Unofficial and they too have closed and moved over to SMF. Their security is higher, with the entire board hidden to casual browsers and the email activation switched on.
3. Anyone who uses the phrase "moving forward" is suspicious. In the fullness of time we will do the calculus and bring all parties on board etc etc
4. Likewise any use of the word professional in this context is just silly. It's absolutely the opposite.
5. I like this app a lot as user, and the calendar module is just brilliant. It's aesthetically better, easier to read and far neater than Marinators.net was. If it can do the same stuff, it's preferable.
Jonathan

yellowcake

You know, I feel a bit attached to the old forum ....but progress happens.

One thing about taking the step of registering here is "while I'm at it I may as well do the same at SFCU" which I used to quite enjoy lurking/reading (especially when we beat 'em) but haven't since they closed it. Now I can be a TROLL ;)

Tassiemariner

Will the Sea Shanties be put back up on the new and improved Marinators.net??
I presume all you would have to do is copy the old ones plus dig around the "other" forum for some juicy new ones.

northernspirit

i actually like this forum better, it looks the part and its tied into marinators.net as opposed to being outside it which should encourage more use of marinators.net

id personally like to see the other one closed and this become the official forum

~Floss~

When telling others about the forum, rather try to remember the address correctly, I've always said to go to marinators.net and click on the link.

If any first-time users or anyone from other supporters groups, etc. wants to get in touch, i'm sure that's where they'd go looking.

P.S. How good is the "unread posts" feature!!!

Jeff (LouMacari)

I think Adz will eventually have a go at customising the colour scheme when the important testing phase is about done.
It's not as if he has anything else to do  :vhappy:

adz

Staff member
playing it cautious with the colours - so easy to f**k it up and it looks pretty sweet in the default scheme... quite hard to get a good colour scheme going with yellow that doesn't burn everyone's eyes out of their sockets too...

Deej

Floss said:
When telling others about the forum, rather try to remember the address correctly, I've always said to go to marinators.net and click on the link.

If any first-time users or anyone from other supporters groups, etc. wants to get in touch, i'm sure that's where they'd go looking.

P.S. How good is the "unread posts" feature!!!

unread posts function is great

Rowdy

first time using this forum tonite, must say it's very user friendly.

just noticed the the little green boxes indicating who's online, this was a feature of the old forum that shit me to tears. Having to 'go-out ' to the main page to see who was on-line or who just went off-line or people that you were PMing or having dialouge with in a thread.

Now within a thread you know instantly wether the person posting above you has left the room or is still there. heaps good.

Tassiemariner

It did say whether the person was online or offline. it was just below the star ratings on the old forum....just no green box

Aimeee

it does seem a bit sad to leave the old forum though.
Default works for me. id rather this colour scheme than some dicky yellow. there no point in having it in mariners  colours if it looks shit.

~Floss~

Has anyone figured out what it the number and colour of your balls means?
It doesn't seem related to total post-count; is it recent activity?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb