• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

marinermick

As much as i dislike Newcastle i dont want to see them fold either. FFS who would we put crap on if they go? I’d support some sort of effort to show unity {as football fans} when we play them in the last round.Whether its a tifo or some other form of recognition to show our support of keeping them in the league. We are the current Champions with the best supporters in the competition lets show we can put the rivalry aside for footballs sake… :popcorn:

Good idea on the tifo.

However I would just rather it say “Vale Jets”. That’s a very empathetic show of support.

Big Al

As much as i dislike Newcastle i dont want to see them fold either. FFS who would we put crap on if they go? I’d support some sort of effort to show unity {as football fans} when we play them in the last round.Whether its a tifo or some other form of recognition to show our support of keeping them in the league. We are the current Champions with the best supporters in the competition lets show we can put the rivalry aside for footballs sake… :popcorn:
What to say though

It’s not a proper bbq without flies

booney

I hate to see A-League clubs fold,especially one from the Hunter region which is an historic football community.Also my father played for Adamstown Rosebuds in the late forties and early fifties when we lived at Cardiff so there is some personal connection with that area.

On the other hand numerous football clubs have folded in many countries over the years for all sorts of reasons so there are precedents including in the A-League.We appeared to be perilously close to folding or being relocated in the not too distant past so I feel sorry for committed Jets supporters.

MrCelery

Seems to be getting worst over there...

TBH I find this sad.... Newcastle / Hunter is a heartland Football area and where the first games were played in Australia.... the history is long... KB United, Rosebudds, Breakers etc...

I wanta beat the Hunts.... but that its I want play and beat them no for them to fold over some doggy owners.....

Youtube from KB, the first crowd was I think about 17K...

Bring back the Breakers! :overheadl: :overheadl: :overheadl:

Big Al

Heard anymore I have not seen anything
Prior page on here has the article posted MrCelery towards the top. Posted on the 5th April. Article was written on the 4th.
Also posted in the jets forum and two posts later they argue for 2 pages about the teams colours 🤦🏻‍♂️
Newcastle Jets Ownership Update | Newcastle Herald

James Gardiner and Robert Dillon 4 April 2024

THE most prominent candidates to buy the Newcastle Jets have dropped out of the race but officials insist there are other parties in advanced negotiations.

US-based consortium FC32 have been exploring a takeover of the Jets for more than six months and appeared a likely saviour of the embattled club.

However, consortium principal Paul Francis told the Newcastle Herald on Thursday that they had withdrawn from negotiations after the group's latest bid was rejected by the current owners - the chairman of rival clubs who have been bankrolling the Jets since 2021

"Our best bid was not competitive enough," Francis told the Herald from the US. "We upped to the limit of our comfort given the circumstances, but can't match expectations or the other bidders unfortunately. We have to move on."

It is understood FC32 have walked away from the table and returned previously during negotiations.

Jets executive chairman Shane Mattiske was hopeful communications with FC32 would continue, but if they were no longer a contender, he said there were "multiple" alternative options.

"There are at least four parties actively involved in the due-diligence process," Mattiske said.

"Two of them have made formal offers. The ownership group is reviewing those offers and assessing them in relation to closing a deal in the very near future."

Australian Profession Leagues (APL) chairman Stephen Conroy indicated last month that the Jets had until the end of the season to finalise a new owner or risked folding.

One of the remaining consortiums is understood to be based in Melbourne and is led by investors who have previously been involved with an A-League club in Melbourne.

The Herald has also been told another overseas group has expressed interest.

FC32, which is partially backed by the investment group Athletic Ventures, owns Swiss second-tier club AC Bellinzona, and plans to set-up a network of clubs around the world.

The Jets, which has been bankrolled by the owners of rival clubs since January 2021, had been slated to be next.

FC32, after agreeing on a purchase price for the Jets, sought to renegotiate after the APL was unable to provide key information about the league and its financial projections.

The APL made half its staff redundant earlier this year and last week had to sign a deal with a new broadcast company after the collapse of Global Advance.

This season each franchise received $2 million in grants, which was cut from $2.3 million. The APL is yet to confirm what the dispersal will be next season.

The lack of clarification had a major impact on FC32's decision to walk away.

"From a business point of view, we can't take that risk, especially when we are starting out," Francis said. "There was a comfort level that we pushed beyond and we can't go any more.

"After the months at the table, we now need to move on and focus on the other acquisitions within our strategy.

"This has been so circular we have to move on."

It's unclear if other parties interested in buying the Jets have requested the same information from the APL.

Big Al

Heard anymore I have not seen anything
They are hoping it’s an ex heart/city owner Gerry Ryan @JoyfulPenguin might know of him. Apparently Melbourne storm as well. Jayco caravans

Owned heart with city when they took over heart and then sold his small stake a year or two later. Wiki says he was involved in the roar as well.

He fits the ex Melbourne team owner profile

JoyfulPenguin

They are hoping it’s an ex heart/city owner Gerry Ryan @JoyfulPenguin might know of him. Apparently Melbourne storm as well. Jayco caravans

Owned heart with city when they took over heart and then sold his small stake a year or two later. Wiki says he was involved in the roar as well.

He fits the ex Melbourne team owner profile
Very invested in the Southside Flyers WNBL team, was very peripheral in the consortium that owned Heart but has always run Dandenong Rangers/Southside Flyers exceptionally well.

Corsair

scum can’t get the spoon now can they?.
Mathematically still possible. Perth have to win both remaining games, Western have to win 2 of 3 remaining games and lose to Perth, scum have to lose both remaining games.

After being pumped 8-0 by Melb City you'd think Perth are going to spoon.

City could still knock WSW out of 6th spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred