• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

pjennings

Why do the Jest struggle to get a new owner?
TBH - while it is always talked about as a football heartland the NNSW NPL has been poor for years, the Jets haven't performed well for years, they have had a string of poor coaches and they have had a string of poor owners.

Theoretically there is a good base there - but it may take time, a decent owner, a good academy and a good manager.

style_cafe

To be honest, as a football fan, I feel sorry for the Jets.
That`s not saying I like them in any way.
I`ve said before ,we need the Jets in the competition,they are our Derby rivals.
There`s nothing better than beating the Jets in Newcastle.
Their active support is in real trouble ,as was ours at one stage.
It must be demoralising for the players to only have fair weather supporters and when a small club like ours is able to swamp their stadium and take over as the voice of the stadium well,how would you feel?

I don`t know what the answer is.
Pappas seems like a decent coach and at no stage did he give up on the Jets.
Losing Thurgate will be like a knife through their heart but still I hope they are able come out of the darkness, just like we did.
Maybe they need to look at our success,built on youth and a never say die attitude... :popcorn:

JoyfulPenguin

To be honest, as a football fan, I feel sorry for the Jets.
That`s not saying I like them in any way.
I`ve said before ,we need the Jets in the competition,they are our Derby rivals.
There`s nothing better than beating the Jets in Newcastle.
Their active support is in real trouble ,as was ours at one stage.
It must be demoralising for the players to only have fair weather supporters and when a small club like ours is able to swamp their stadium and take over as the voice of the stadium well,how would you feel?

I don`t know what the answer is.
Pappas seems like a decent coach and at no stage did he give up on the Jets.
Losing Thurgate will be like a knife through their heart but still I hope they are able come out of the darkness, just like we did.
Maybe they need to look at our success,built on youth and a never say die attitude... :popcorn:
Papas is a good coach, keeping the Jets football operations even barely functioning under their ownership hell is admirable.

Recruitment certainly went wrong this season but Penha and Mikeltadzhe are some pretty impressive recruits for a resource limited side.

I think it gets forgotten how dire they were under Craig Deans and then how Lederer stripped them for parts for the Wanderers.

The weird infighting this season certainly damaged them but they at least have some pride back.

pjennings

Papas is a good coach, keeping the Jets football operations even barely functioning under their ownership hell is admirable.

Recruitment certainly went wrong this season but Penha and Mikeltadzhe are some pretty impressive recruits for a resource limited side.

I think it gets forgotten how dire they were under Craig Deans and then how Lederer stripped them for parts for the Wanderers.

The weird infighting this season certainly damaged them but they at least have some pride back.
Papas is an overrated coach. Similar to that Irish fellow at WSW when he was in the NPL - when he has the most expensive, experienced squad he is a world beater. Othewise he is crap.

CoachPlayedWinsDrawsLossesPtsPPG
Carl Robinson11731242.18
Craig Deans13634211.62
Clayton Zane12534181.50
Ernie Merrick733113121061.45
Gary Van Egmond1374934541811.32
Richard Money279810351.30
Branko Culina3310815381.15
Arthur Papas55171127621.13
Scott Miller298615301.03
Mark Jones275715220.81
Phil Stubbins283817170.61
Nick Theodorakopoulous1305850.38

pjennings

We not only need a functioning Newcastle but a functioning Perth and Brisbane as well. I suspect that Macarthur may be a basket case before much longer as well.
TBH Perth surprised me with their run home. Surely Ben Cahn should have got the Brisbane job instead of Aloisi. Maybe he'll end up at Newcastle (though I see him as Monty's eventual replacement).

turbo

Macarthur are very, very much already a basket case. Soon they’ll be a basket case inside a dumpster fire, wrapped in a clusterf**k
They'll throw around enough cash to stay competitive at least for now. This season they had some horrible luck with injuries to their most expensive players. Next one they'll have Davilla, Laws & DDS in midfield which is about as good as you could hope for on paper at least. Beka is either strongly linked or has signed for them too and he'll get much better service which will make him dangerous. Kurto is a good keeper, Uskok a solid enough CB just needs a better partner or Susnjar back/fit - not sure what was going on with him to only play 6 games. Their mess off the pitch will hold them back but I wouldnt expect more timber next season.

Mini In Bay 6

Going slightly off topic, but DDS has been very average for mind.

To return to the topic at hand: I don't want newy to fold. I don't like them one bit, but they are the darkness that you see the light by.

Matches against Sydney teams are all well an good. But the hate ain't there like it is for Newy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami