• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Toon sack Sam Allardyce

serious14

From Football365.com

"Newcastle launched the search for their eighth manager in 11 years after Sam Allardyce's ill-fated reign came to a shock end.

The 53-year-old looked to have survived the worst of the intense pressure which came his way as the Magpies' season lurched from one crisis to another.

However, just four days after they avoided an FA Cup giant-killing act - if only just - at Stoke on Sunday, owner Mike Ashley and chairman Chris Mort decided the time was right to act.

Confirming that manager and club had parted company by mutual effect with immediate effect, Mort said in a statement released on the club website, www.nufc.co.uk: "Mike and I would like to place on record our thanks for Sam's efforts and wish him well for the future.

"A new manager has not yet been appointed at Newcastle United.

"We will make a further announcement on the managerial position when appropriate."

Coach Nigel Pearson, as he did following Glenn Roeder's departure in May last year, will take charge for Saturday evening's daunting trip to Manchester United, but the book on Allardyce's successor already has an overwhelming favourite.

Geordie hero Alan Shearer, who scored a record 206 six goals for the club in a glittering 10-year career at St James' Park, has massive public support and the word on Tyneside on Wednesday was that a British manager is being targeted.

Shearer, who is currently out of the country on holiday, has been studying for his coaching qualifications for several years and would need only to be enrolled on the UEFA Pro-Licence course to be allowed to manage in the Barclays Premier League.

The news came as a huge surprise to Allardyce, who conducted his pre-match press conference for the United game.

In the official statement, he said: "I am disappointed to be leaving Newcastle United, but I wish the club all the best for the remainder of the season and for the future."

Hours earlier, he had once again spoken of the need for managers to be given time, and little can he have known just how quickly his was running out.

Asked if the pre-eminent manager of his era, Sir Alex Ferguson, was the classic example of that, he replied: "Every manager who has been successful has been given the time to put his dynasty into place. David Moyes is the same, Arsene Wenger is the same.

"The trouble is today, that amount of time is no longer available.

"That is plain and clear for everybody to see, otherwise seven managers would not have already been sacked in the Premier League this year."

That figure has now become eight and one of the most precarious jobs in a precarious profession is up for grabs once again.

Allardyce, of course, was not appointed by Ashley, but by former chairman Freddy Shepherd as he attempted to drag the club back to where he believed it belonged.

But within little more than a week of the former Bolton boss's arrival at St James' Park, the billionaire businessman had launched his 134.4million takeover, and Shepherd's days were numbered.

The new regime, amid rumours they would bring in their own man swiftly, gave their backing to Allardyce and helped to fund his summer rebuilding programme although, perhaps significantly, provided him with only a net 10million as funds were raked in by the sales of, among others, Kieron Dyer and Scott Parker.

It was understood that the manager would not have major funds to invest during the January transfer window, although the club last week had a bid for Manchester United defender Wes Brown rejected, and Allardyce confirmed his interest in Arsenal midfielder Lassana Diarra.

However, he did so against the backdrop of persistent discontent on Tyneside as his critics grew increasingly vociferous.

Allardyce made a point on his arrival of revealing his long-term plan for success would take between three and five years to implement as he attempted to address the flaws of previous administrations.

However, neither his signings nor the football his side produced succeeded in inspiring the fans, even when results were going for him.

A 3-1 win at former club Bolton on the opening day of the season got him off to the best possible start, but although an unbeaten five-game run gave cause for optimism, some fans remained uncertain.

The manager bristled at suggestions that his side played long-ball football, but the emphasis too often seemed to be on stopping the opposition playing first and only then considering the alternatives.

Some of his signings have settled - Habib Beye and Abdoulaye Faye in particular - but others have yet to make their mark with midfielder Joey Barton, who is currently on bail charged with assault and affray, among those yet to have an impact.

The wheels started to fall off at Derby on September 17 when the Rams secured what to date remains their only
league win of the season, and the Magpies have won only five of the 18 games they have played since."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!      What a pack of twits....... yes, let's sack the manager mid season with no decent replacement and having to pay out a shitload of his contract blah blah blah.    :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:    What ever happened to "let the manager clear out the shit players and stamp his style on the team??"  Oh wait, Allardyce never had style.

Carry on.

:thumbup:

Deej

They were stupid to sack Big Sam, he's a decent manager.

They are in a better league position than last year, and you need to give him more than 8 bloody months to fix a team that was shit.

Someone will pick him up and he'll do well there.

bulldogmariner

As a Newcastle United fan its sad to see this great club sack another manager. We have had 10 managers in 20 years. People forget 5 years ago we made the 1/8 finals of the Champions League but since then we just havent got it right. We have to support the Mike Ashley the new owner and hope he can get the right man for the job. Maybe Alan Shearer but hope not someone with experinece like Martin Jol.
Toon 4eva

mustapha_beer

The 3 friends I go to Mariners games with are all Newcastle supporters, so I regularly get the life and times of NUFC, whether I'm interested or not. From listening to them, and watching developments at St James over the last few years, I honestly think it's a club that's got unrealistic expectations. People go on about how it's such a big club (50,000 every week, one of the biggest stadiums in the EPL etc....) yet they haven't won anything in.....40 years?....Undoubtedly, they're a club with big potential, but they're hardly alone in that regard.

Sacking Sam Allardyce after less than a season in charge smacks of desperation. Of course they want to be winning trophies and challenging for Europe/The league itself, but so do the rest of the EPL, and the simple fact is that there are several other teams that have consistently out-performed them. Big Sam could have started to address that, if he'd had the chance.....

northernspirit

perennial under achievers, sacking Sam wont solve the problem anytime soon... they need better players to start with, at least they did get rid of some dead wood from last season

Deej

Get rid of Big Sam for Keegan  :vhappy: WTF

Newcastle must be trying to go backwards rather than forward!

Yellow Pelican

I guess your view on Newcastle United and Kevin Keegan (apart from simple prejudice) all depends on whether (like the great Bill Shankly) you believe football should essentially be a great adventure, full of passion, commitment and your own special local character, or mainly a matter of money and calculation, conducted by mere glory-seekers and hired hands who don't really care for or ever understand the fans themselves.  Of course a bit of the former with some money and acumen is the ideal combination, but NUFC is, and always has been, a club to major on the former - and, to be honest, it seems to me that the Central Coast Mariners' success is above all dependent on that too (leaving the over-obsession with money and calculation to the likes of Sydney). 
As I was born up there, and was a NUFC season ticket holder during the first Keegan management wonder-entertainment years, I guess I am a bit biased, but Keegan's return must surely be good for the game as a whole, as well as putting huge smiles and excitement back into all of us members of the crazy Toon.  Sure we know that we're football romantics, and recognise that crashing into the rich and fashionable clubs' party is tough, but hey, lets give it a go, do it our way, and - even if we fail - at least we did it in style, with football itself the more entertaining for it. 

As a Middlesbrough fan, it gives me great pleasure to see our local rivals crash and burn, particularly when they don't give managers time to stamp their authority on a team which, every manager since Robson has admitted, needs major restructuring.

Keegan can't bring that major restructuring cheaply, and to be honest, I doubt his credentials at building up a quality defence fast enough for the Newcastle fans - letting Rozenhal leave was a bad choice.

I give him 9 months before he gets the chop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred