• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Two forums?

~Floss~

Greenpoleffc said:
Now quite used to the new forum and a big "well done" to all concerned.
Yep, doesn't take long to get used to. Even though i knew it should be a better forum than the old, it was still a bit unfamiliar at first. Not any more though, loving it. WELL DONE ALL

As for the colours, I'd love to try to suggest something but looks to me like they're a pain in the neck to play around with - for me at least, could't figure it out.

Although I first thought a great Mariners colour-scheme could look really good, I agree that it might be less hassle and easier on the eye to leave as-is. It's not that important really.

Adz, one thought i had though: i noticed you changed the lettering to yellow. If it's easy to change one small thing like that, how hard would it be to change the empty grey strips down the side to Mariners yellow (and leave all the fiddly bits alone)? - Just a thought as it might be an effective compromise.

BTW, This: :pirashoot: reminds me of "Bowling: Get Your Bowling!!!" off the Simpsons.
That, or Sadam Hussein celebrating an "election" win :pirashoot:

adz

Staff member
Floss said:
...change the empty grey strips down the side to Mariners yellow...

can do, will have a look at that too and see how it looks.

Just been working on the banner image thingy at the top, re-coding it to get the weather info more efficiently and add some features :)

~Floss~

adz said:
Floss said:

Awesome response! I would've also almost accepted "Get stuffed - too much work"

Doin' a bang-up job young Adz

kevrenor

adz said:
Floss said:
Just been working on the banner image thingy at the top, re-coding it to get the weather info more efficiently and add some features :)
Amazing Adz, I love the Christmas makeover.  I still love the weather.

I could just see soon (always subject to Adz's time) a la google, a Premiers Plate flying over the field, and then the Toilet Seat hanging from a palm tree.

adz

Staff member
lol yep just having a play round with a few things on the site now - how does that look?

adz

Staff member
more yellow, less blue .... the darker blue strips behind the headings will prob stay blue, I have tried changing them to yellow and just looked :vomit:

P

Pete

The Chrissy decorations on the palm trees at night aren't flashing (on the header). ;D

Yeah yeah I know, I know...

get stuffed.

~Floss~

adz said:
more yellow, less blue .... the darker blue strips behind the headings will prob stay blue, I have tried changing them to yellow and just looked :vomit:
Yep, the yellow background is enough brightness. The light, soft backgrounds with black text is what you don't want to mess up.

Agree making the bars yellow would have been a bit OTT. Looks quite OK as it is - i wouldn't worry about making any major changes now that we have some yellow! If you feel they must be changed you could try going more navy for the bars, but everything definitely looks fine ATM.

Rowdy

Site looks absolutely schmick Adz, just siad to the Mrs Rowdy come chek out what you did w/ the Xmas deco's.

"He's a clever boy!"

Though I'm surprised that Dibo hasn't yet bent you over a park bench & given it to you for NOT! providing a spell checker in the posting pop-up screen.  :naughty:  :fireup:

I mentioned it to Kev who I thought, being a mod could put one in for us folk that put an extra "L" in "I have poor spelling abillity"  ;) and are also the bane of Dibo's existence, got no reply  ???

~Floss~

Rowdy said:
Site looks absolutely schmick Adz, just siad to the Mrs Rowdy come chek out what you did w/ the Xmas deco's.

"He's a clever boy!"

Though I'm surprised that Dibo hasn't yet bent you over a park bench & given it to you for NOT! providing a spell checker in the posting pop-up screen.  :naughty:  :fireup:

I mentioned it to Kev who I thought, being a mod could put one in for us folk that put an extra "L" in "I have poor spelling abillity"  ;) and are also the bane of Dibo's existence, got no reply  ???
Does your browser have a spell-check setting? I didn't know the old forum had one (did it?) - i think my browser's been doing it all along

kevrenor

Rowdy said:
Rowdy the old forum and this new one has the spell check turned ON!  It has it's limitations though you know ... don't you smell the smoke every time you write something in here?  :innocent:

The spell check will only work with certain browsers ... don't ask me which ones .... certainly my FireFox 2 is OK (it picks up your spelling of abillity right now!  :naughty:

P

Pete

Pete said:
The Chrissy decorations on the palm trees at night aren't flashing (on the header). ;D

Yeah yeah I know, I know...

get stuffed.

Aaaah, but you've put flashing lights up on each grandstand, puuuurrrrty. :vhappy:

T

Love the decorations on the header... and I'm usually the one saying Bah humbug!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred