• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Washouts and Make Up games

luvsoccer

Have remained silent for some time to see how this season panned out. Some will say I should have remained silent however I have a number of family members still playing and/or refereeing.
To the critics who say "contact the CCF' I reply I have done so with either no response or elusive ones.
My questions were
1) If a club has advised CCF that one team requires players from another team to make up numbers, and CCF has acknowledged this, why do they refuse to change last minute changes made by them which affect this? Answer...Play or forfeit.
2) If a club has a forfeit on Saturday why put makeup game on that Sunday and refuse to change it when requested. Again the answer.....play or forfeit.
3) Why do some referees get a multitude of games and others, of by CCFRB rankings, rank equal get a lot less? No answer.
4) We have 14 round competitions this year which effectively give only 66.6% of the games we used to get and yet we need to double up. Reason given "we must end seasons on time". Sorry but that still means we are ending seasons in July.
5) When a club has a charity day running for a national campaign why can't CCF play make up games another day? Answer...you will play when we tell you. I am sure CCF and Football in general would not get good press if this went national.
6) Why are so many games not covered by referees each week. As far as records go previous years have had far better percentages of cover. This year we have up to 8 times as many games not covered as in previous years. Is this because CCF has taken over the referees?
I do not mean this as a criticism of the staff members involved in making the draws or administrating the referees as I realise from talking to them they are restricted by what they are instructed to do by the CCF.
The CCF need to answer as too many I speak to say they will be leaving the sport as their clubs are too scared to press the CCF for a resolution to these problems.

offtheball

Without being "in the know", and looking at this weekends fixtures, it appears there is a shortage of senior refs to cover Sunday games. On Saturday there are no games without a ref compared to Sunday which has 13 out of 117 games not covered. There are many games however on Sunday that have a ref and two assistants, confirming there is a lack of over 18 refs.

The only way around this, is a change in scheduling of either MAA WAA or over 35 games to Saturdays. This would allow some of the older refs who play on Sundays to ref. Opens up a can of worms though with ground availability etc though.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

The fact that first grade referees are often doing one or two centres before the game these days should offer a clear answer for 6 - there's a massive, massive shortage of referees. Many of the refs we do have are juniors and/or they play on the weekends.

A few seasons ago CCFRI received legal advice of the vein that, for health and safety (and insurance) purposes, no referee could do more than 2 senior centres in a day.

Obviously now we have referees doing up to 4 games a day.

As for 3, as a former appointments manager myself I know that appointing can be quite complex, working around limited referee availabilities and club associations. Most referees seem to get 3-4 games, so I'm not sure where the differences you talk about come from.

5- care to elaborate?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred