• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM semi first leg v Smurfs away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josho Howe

Awesome night. Sydney away has been a graveyard in years past so to beat em there on a 72 hour turnaround is brilliant and shows what an elite mentality this squad has.

The whinging and whining from Brattan and others in that ugly blue was downright embarrassing. Hopefully we see him sulk all the way off next week.

Absolutely shit crowd too. Reckon we can get more than 13k next week. Can't wait.

Wedgie

What a great win, I would have been stoked with a draw! I've watched it over and over. I'm in my 50s and follow a lot of different clubs in a lot of different sports but I tell you what, the entire country should celebrate this team of the last 12 months (with hopefully more to come), I've never encountered an Australian team at the top level that has done anything close to this mighty club.
And I've been following Australian soccer since the 70s but the Mariners have the best fans easily.
Win or draw next week and me and my son are making our first ever trip to Gosford. Fingers crossed!
Last year in Parra was one of the best times in my life but I'm hoping it will be topped soon.

Last edited:

turbo

Edmo did a massive run all the way back to the edge of our box to tackle Fabio I think it was, that was dope.
There was a break at the end where we should have cleaned Fabio up on half way and taken the yellow. Was enough players there would never be dogso.

turbo

It might have been a ref square up though....and our squad isn't big enough to be another player short for next week.
If we did it when the danger first presented even the most bought ref couldn’t have given a red. Guarantee Sydney would have been straight onto it had the situation been reversed.

Michael

We started so well and energetic I was pretty surprised, given we usually let the opp come at us hard early until about the 20th minute then we take over. We could’ve had 1 or 2 in that period though, Sydney then took over but we managed to control Caceres for massive periods, the few times he gets space is so f**king dangerous, it’s hard to hate the bloke too. (One of my favourite modern day aus footballers wish we could’ve kept him for longer)

The boys fought so well and I genuinely believe we deserved the win despite their 2 reds, even though we didn’t have a great night… yet again we found a way 😉. You could 100% see there was a level of fatigue from the travel, the heavy shit pitch didn’t help things but we weren’t absolutely sharp for extended periods. But I enjoyed the concerted effort to play through their press, Max was my MOTM for that reason alone, he was phenomenal. Niz and Tappy big stand outs too. Doka was great again but created some nervy soft giveaway moments at the end. Alou though…. He’s lucky in my eyes he had one more positive play in sending theo (who didn’t have a good night) through for the pen. He’s honestly lost so much hunger to be involved and get in the box. I counted 9 times we had a serious chance and he was flat footed chilling doing nothing, main point being for nizzy’s goal, niz did kuol’s job in chasing through a shot on goal. I’ve noticed for the past month multiple players blast alou on the field for his shit effort, even f**king Fazz yelled at him. Somethings been off with him for a long time.

Anyway… I’m confident ahead of next week, boys will rest, refresh and the consistent sharpness will be back in their play.

Ozhammer

I am in complete awe of our boys and what they are doing this season, not least for that effort last night off the back of a criminally short turn around off a huge international game,

This is a moment in time that could see our club and this team create genuine Australian football history and we will all be there to witness it if they do.

Whilst I get the angst that we perhaps didn’t press our advantage well enough in the closing stages, the boys were clearly in game management mode after their exertions earlier in the week and I think we would all rather have taken a 2-1 advantage than risk Gomez scoring an equaliser.

The job certainly isn’t done yet but I am (and have been for some time) backing our boys to go all the way.

PS I just wanted to pick out Tappy for special praise last night, as I personally thought he had his best game yet for us.

COYY
💛💙

booney

It was interesting that Talay sent out a team filled with defenders and defensive midfielders.He had Fabio,Wood and Burgess on the bench.Perhaps he wanted us to have the ball( as we did for the first 15 minutes or so) and wear ourselves out trying to break them down.Also possibly to swamp Nizzy and Doka in the midfield.

However when Girdwood-Reich went off ( and what a spoiled boy face he has)on came Burgess and FC started to control the game.His darting runs and ability to put in dangerous crosses and clever passes spelt danger for us.Caceres had been well contained till then but with Burgess on the field he started to become involved.Their goal ( lucky deflection that it was) was due to a well flighted cross from Burgess.It was fortuitous for Talay that the sub was forced on him and actually improved Sydney's play

Nizzy's goal on half time stunned Sydney and they were a bit shell shocked at the start of the second stanza.Rodwell's reckless tackle on Theoharous showed that they were getting desperate and the Caceres foul on Theo resulting in the penalty sealed the result.Doka wasn't put off by Redmayne's clownish antics and slotted it home easily.

Theoharous was involved in the two crucial incidents of the game but otherwise it was an early season performance by him.Kuol had Brattan in his ear and the FC captain tried to get him noticed by the ref when he went down with a sniper shot early in the game when Aloushoved him in the chest.It worked as Alou got the yellow when he and the Brat went for the ball and collided and if anything both should have been carded of a free kick given (to either team)

Big Dog

As FFC Mariner posted it is only half time.

The real challenge will come next Saturday. I am really not sure how the boys will cope having a whole week without a game and being rested at home.

Brice should get loads of credit for how he’s prepared the boys every week this season. He’ll have then as ready as they can be. Hopefully the loss for Sydney, the injuries and reds will sap some of their mojo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred