• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Ángel Torres

MikeyHundred

No one is saying either, f**k me, it's about not making a conclusion without knowing the story.
No one is saying he’s guilty.

Merely pointing out Australia’s obsession with always jumping in to defend a man over a woman in these instances.

See all the time especially in sport, Bruce Lehremann best example of recent times in the public eye that was proven in court that he was in fact, presumably a rapist.

Michael Jennings, still playing professionally was accused of many violent acts against his former partner. First thing Australian sport fans and media did was slander the partner, hold a steadfast belief that she was “making it all up”. People have followed up those claims because the matter was settled out of court. Settling outside of court would cost far more monetarily speaking however letting the trail proceed, all the information becoming public record and facing a conviction would cost him a lot more. He did the wise thing for a more than likely guilty man, yet the media and public opinion have no shadow of a doubt he’s innocent.

You can be critical of a situation without being convinced a party is guilty or innocent.

What I was saying before is that I think it’s reductive to scream ‘innocent! The law says he’s innocent the law says he’s innocent’ is to first think critically about it. How was the arrest made, what evidence would they require to make such a public arrest with a lot of scrutiny ect.

No he may or may not be innocent, and he has the right to be presumed as such however we can’t jump to saying or alluding to the accuser is lying or that it’s an easy decision to make for women to make these accusations.

Look at the treatment of Grace Tame and Britney Higgins. It would be terrifying to be a woman who is firstly victimised in such a degrading manner, then secondly have everyone come out blindly supporting the accused and saying the allegations are fabricated.

Corsair

No one is saying he’s guilty.

Merely pointing out Australia’s obsession with always jumping in to defend a man over a woman in these instances.

See all the time especially in sport, Bruce Lehremann best example of recent times in the public eye that was proven in court that he was in fact, presumably a rapist.

Michael Jennings, still playing professionally was accused of many violent acts against his former partner. First thing Australian sport fans and media did was slander the partner, hold a steadfast belief that she was “making it all up”. People have followed up those claims because the matter was settled out of court. Settling outside of court would cost far more monetarily speaking however letting the trail proceed, all the information becoming public record and facing a conviction would cost him a lot more. He did the wise thing for a more than likely guilty man, yet the media and public opinion have no shadow of a doubt he’s innocent.

You can be critical of a situation without being convinced a party is guilty or innocent.

What I was saying before is that I think it’s reductive to scream ‘innocent! The law says he’s innocent the law says he’s innocent’ is to first think critically about it. How was the arrest made, what evidence would they require to make such a public arrest with a lot of scrutiny ect.

No he may or may not be innocent, and he has the right to be presumed as such however we can’t jump to saying or alluding to the accuser is lying or that it’s an easy decision to make for women to make these accusations.

Look at the treatment of Grace Tame and Britney Higgins. It would be terrifying to be a woman who is firstly victimised in such a degrading manner, then secondly have everyone come out blindly supporting the accused and saying the allegations are fabricated.
This is all opinion, which you are entitled to and it's completely worthless in the eyes of the law.

Meerkat

I was a bit disappointed with the clubs statement but I’m sure it’s a case of legal says say as little as possible.
It would be approved key messaging. Say something while giving away nothing at all. Standard and no other option.

I genuinely have full faith in the culture of our team and the coaching staff to keep our boys grounded and on track. As Jacko says.. we tend to do better with our backs against the wall and you’ve got Simmo, Andy etc to keep them focused.

Believe, guys.. can’t change it so keep calm and rise above.

Michael

These are precisely the moments we have Andy Bernal, as has been stated he would be having a massive influence on managing morale, culture and focus in stuff like this because he has seen alot of drama in his life.

Very happy we have him on board.
Totally agree, Andy will be invaluable during this scenario for the rest of the boys staying focused for the few games remaining.
I’m quite optimistic the rest of the boys can stay on task.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred