• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2021/22 season

Forum Phoenix

How's our luck with our draw. Two home games from the last ten. And we'll have one from the next four.

Hard on the team and us. But we're in a final and sitting sixth. So hey.

But hopefully we can make CC stadium a fortress and have a very strong second half of the season and if Nix can beat Victory, get ourselves a home final and an ACL spot to boot. How good would that be.

turbo

How's our luck with our draw. Two home games from the last ten. And we'll have one from the next four.

Hard on the team and us. But we're in a final and sitting sixth. So hey.

But hopefully we can make CC stadium a fortress and have a very strong second half of the season and if Nix can beat Victory, get ourselves a home final and an ACL spot to boot. How good would that be.
In light of everything going on right now I think it’s a bit of a blessing. Harder on the team but it means when we do get back home there’s more chance we’ll be past the worst of this outbreak.

Kilsin

This kind of annoys me. We had 5 out and could have postponed but instead played youth and got on with it.

I'm happy because I got to see the boys live at home but if other teams are going to just fold and postpone instead of fielding youth, maybe we should have. We probably would have gotten a better result against City if we waited and fielded our strongest starting 11 including Cumdog?

I trust Monty's judgement and reasoning behind the decision but I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the arse later down the track when the season is shortened and points can mean top 6 or not...

pjennings

This kind of annoys me. We had 5 out and could have postponed but instead played youth and got on with it.

I'm happy because I got to see the boys live at home but if other teams are going to just fold and postpone instead of fielding youth, maybe we should have. We probably would have gotten a better result against City if we waited and fielded our strongest starting 11 including Cumdog?

I trust Monty's judgement and reasoning behind the decision but I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the arse later down the track when the season is shortened and points can mean top 6 or not...
Apparently we couldn't. Only 3 were part of our previous game starting XI which seems to be the rule.

Last edited:

turbo

If we make the ACL qualifiers, and more so if we make the group, our calendar will be congested as is. I suspect they valued the minutes in legs and 1 less in the backlog more than our absolute best shot at 3 points.

Kilsin

If we make the ACL qualifiers, and more so if we make the group, our calendar will be congested as is. I suspect they valued the minutes in legs and 1 less in the backlog more than our absolute best shot at 3 points.
Yeah, good point.

Pirate Pete

aoahncll1re81.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member