• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Transfers and Rumours

JoyfulPenguin

No way. Sorry JP but you don’t recruit attacking players from one of the worst attacking teams. Scoring was not their strong point
Fair enough.

I think he suffered from the way Moon set up, he was very deadly for Oakleigh.

If JC is going we will likely have to find an Australian replacement as all our visa spots are taken beyond this season, excepting Tùlio's.

Meerkat

Kruse the signing of the season. Transfermarkt says he got 7 minutes and that's 7 minutes more than I recall him playing.
Ha makes sense then why I went “Kruse!” That’s right.. he went to Brisbane!” Had completely forgotten.. Roar fan comments are funny ?

Wonder if we will see Perth release Hatch.

Wombat

Travis Major syndrome. The gap between NPL and AL is bigger than people think
Remember that Ginger Manc Heffernan we signed under Walmsley. He was an NPL god scoring hatricks every week in Victoria.
Couldn't make the jump in quality, mainly due to fitness and speed required coz he did actually have the touch.
He said Tony said sorry for not giving him a fair go....but Tony's balls were on the line and he didn't step up quickly enough.

NPL to AL is a massive step. I'm very interested in Sunmola from the academy because he is one that i believe could make the step.

pjennings

Remember that Ginger Manc Heffernan we signed under Walmsley. He was an NPL god scoring hatricks every week in Victoria.
Couldn't make the jump in quality, mainly due to fitness and speed required coz he did actually have the touch.
He said Tony said sorry for not giving him a fair go....but Tony's balls were on the line and he didn't step up quickly enough.

NPL to AL is a massive step. I'm very interested in Sunmola from the academy because he is one that i believe could make the step.
Daniel Heffernan was the Ginger Manc I think

Melange

Fair enough.

I think he suffered from the way Moon set up, he was very deadly for Oakleigh.

If JC is going we will likely have to find an Australian replacement as all our visa spots are taken beyond this season, excepting Tùlio's.

I get where you're coming from but the last couple of seasons with Monty we've shown more ambition than going for a couple of cheap young Aussies battling it out for a spot.

I remember when we were debating whether it would be worth bringing the Muzz back and Monty went and got the Cumdingo. I prefer us going for a higher level recruit.

Big Al

I get where you're coming from but the last couple of seasons with Monty we've shown more ambition than going for a couple of cheap young Aussies battling it out for a spot.

I remember when we were debating whether it would be worth bringing the Muzz back and Monty went and got the Cumdingo. I prefer us going for a higher level recruit.
Especially in the foreigners. We want the best foreigners we can get and their experience is to help the youth so someone of Morgans stature made sense. The coaching he could have done to the young midfielders would have been invaluable

Kilsin

Any inside info as to who the sales and transfers are yet?

Cumdog > India?
Triantis > OS Interest?

“It will be the player sales that allows us to survive.”

It’s a challenge that Montgomery relishes.

“It takes planning. Have to think ahead,” he says. “We’ve got a couple of sales overseas coming and a couple who will move to other A-League clubs. For us, that success is helping players have a career. We take pride in that.

“What’s possible, though, is that we can compete with everybody.”

pjennings

Any inside info as to who the sales and transfers are yet?

Cumdog > India?
Triantis > OS Interest?

“It will be the player sales that allows us to survive.”

It’s a challenge that Montgomery relishes.

“It takes planning. Have to think ahead,” he says. “We’ve got a couple of sales overseas coming and a couple who will move to other A-League clubs. For us, that success is helping players have a career. We take pride in that.

“What’s possible, though, is that we can compete with everybody.”
No inside info - but just off rumours and snippets of what has been said. OS sales may be JC and Triantis. Other ALM clubs may be Sozer and (given his slide down the Monty preference list) possibly Dan Hall.

turbo

No inside info - but just off rumours and snippets of what has been said. OS sales may be JC and Triantis. Other ALM clubs may be Sozer and (given his slide down the Monty preference list) possibly Dan Hall.
I think Hall is likely. Something has broken down behind the scenes and doesnt look to be turning around so best to move on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred