• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Transfers and Rumours

FFC Mariner

Really though, for ever you have had every chance of catching the flu and other viruses from your workplace and it was just accepted. People still die and get really sick from the flu and these other viruses. Any workplace would just have to take reasonable steps to make the environment Covid safe, that would then be complying with their duty of care. If people were not vaccinated by choice and they got really sick that is not your employers fault.

I just think it's people hating been told what to do, plain and simple. There will always be a percentage that take this moral high ground on their freedoms when the intention is to protect your health. I haven't heard a reasonable excuse from any anti-vaxer on why they shouldn't get the jab. I don't class people with underlying medical issues as anti-vaxers.
Where to start - if you think Covid is like the flu, I pray you never get it. Average stay in ICU is 5 weeks.

FFC Mariner

It comes across cold but I guess its as much as they can say to refute the "SeE tHeY wErE vAxXeD aNd StIlL dIeD" crowd while maintaining confidentiality. Unfortunately there's a very loud crowd of assholes that will use a person already in a bad way before COVID was a factor as evidence to push their beliefs. Those same people will also do everything they can to blame unvaccinated deaths on underlying factors or comorbidities.
With 83% of NSW adults 16+ being jabbed I'd say the FreeDUmBs idiots (aka the control group) are a relatively small group. 25% of kids 12-15 now had jab 1 too.
This time next year these people who know better than the entire scientific community will be forgotten

pjennings

It comes across cold but I guess its as much as they can say to refute the "SeE tHeY wErE vAxXeD aNd StIlL dIeD" crowd while maintaining confidentiality. Unfortunately there's a very loud crowd of assholes that will use a person already in a bad way before COVID was a factor as evidence to push their beliefs. Those same people will also do everything they can to blame unvaccinated deaths on underlying factors or comorbidities.

Don't blame the earthquake - the building had pre-existing underlying conditions!!

Tevor

Where to start - if you think Covid is like the flu, I pray you never get it. Average stay in ICU is 5 weeks.
Newsflash, not everyone who gets Covid goes to ICU. And I was referring to an employers duty of care. Do you hold Woolworths liable if you catch it shopping?

FFC Mariner

Newsflash, not everyone who gets Covid goes to ICU. And I was referring to an employers duty of care. Do you hold Woolworths liable if you catch it shopping?
If they dont follow the health orders - quite possibly. Most employers will be advised to mandate it from an OHS/Liability viewpoint

Pirate Pete

Didn’t see this coming.
I was only reading an article about him last week.
I thought at the time he could end up in Australia.

turbo

Condition of employment should be if he is pictured with a Sherrin he forfeits 98% of his contract money
I would welcome the kind of shenanigans that would entail. Sage lobbing Sherrins and enlisting paparazzi to cheap out on him. Away fans terrorizing him with them should he find himself too close to a bay. Perfect.

scottmac

Suspended
We’ll see. Got to be a pretty serious reason he’s here. If he’s broken, I’d much rather have Marcos, we’ll see… ccm fan in me wants him to fail. Football lover in me wants to see him tear up the league.
You've got to admit, their front line is f**king intimidating. Just 8 games out of him could turn the league on its head.

turbo

You've got to admit, their front line is f**king intimidating. Just 8 games out of him could turn the league on its head.
It was solid last year too, just terribly unbalanced and lacked the mids and back line to go with it. Time will tell if they've done enough to address it.

FFC Mariner

I would vote McCormack the most disappointing signing we’ve ever made.

We had every right to be excited and boy did he screw us and the club.
Fulham fans were delighted to get rid of him. His lack off effort started with us, got worse at Villa. The rest is history

Sturridge might be similar

Pirate Pete

I was reading a bit about Sturridge on another forum last night.

While at Liverpool it's said he wouldn't play unless 100% fit.
Klopp said it and apparently Gerrard wrote about it in his book.
So whereas most players would play with a niggling injury, not Sturridge.
Hasn't played a game in two years. It's a gamble.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami