• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Ads - especially on mobile

turbo

Hey Adz,, recently there seems to have been a change in the way ads on the site look, how many there are or possibly a combo of both. It has been especially jarring on mobile. I appreciate why they are needed and the expenses that running the site creates so this isnt a whinge as much as wondering if the numbers would stack up to have some sort of premium option to avoid having at least the more intrusive mid thread ones.

I don't know what the ad rates & bills are to put together the numbers but I think $10 to $20 for 12 months would be worth it to the more active users.

adz

Staff member
Yeah sorry guys, our ad account got switched to "auto" placement so I guess that means spam mode. Trying to work out how to dial it down.

We're looking into an ad-free option and around $2/month if people would be ok to go with that.

Big Al

Yeah I’ve noticed as well and was thinking about bringing it up as well.
Some come in early and a couple of ads sandwich one thread post etc. and the button to go back to the thread is right at the bottom of 4 or 5 ads.

looking clunky, not as good as it has in the past but that’s super critical and i also understand the reason so was hesitating to say something for that reason.
Could we raise funds like the pod or otherwise I’d be happy to pay but would we raise enough for you?

turbo

Yeah sorry guys, our ad account got switched to "auto" placement so I guess that means spam mode. Trying to work out how to dial it down.
That makes sense and why it’s been a bit inconsistent, sometimes really intrusive and others not as bad.

i would be happy with roughly $2 p/m to go ad free but would prefer to pay a chunk rather than little debits.

Ironbark

Suggestion for anyone so inclined - use Brave browser (mobile and or web)

It is the chrome browser so can still use chrome extensions etc. but with all of the google code stripped from it, and the security and privacy (including ad blockers) beefed up.

I haven't had any trouble with the site since using it

Big Al

I think I got it back to how it was at least.

Thanks for raising it @turbo - the idea is to help pay some of the costs to run the site, not piss everyone off.
May be do the same as the pod boys.
Draw up a needs list and set a target.
might have to wait a month or two because everyone is dipping in for the pod boys but everyone was really keen to help them and i am certain the same would be for you and the forum. Without it we’d all be lost.

adz

Staff member
May be do the same as the pod boys.
Draw up a needs list and set a target.
might have to wait a month or two because everyone is dipping in for the pod boys but everyone was really keen to help them and i am certain the same would be for you and the forum. Without it we’d all be lost.

I think we're in a bit of a different situation here - it's ongoing server and software license costs rather than a one off for equipment. We've been looking at some sort of subscription (eg 6 or 12 months) to remove the ads, but at the same time want to improve the site and add more features - so there is a little more value for money. That bit takes time on top of my day job, which is long hours and exhausting at the moment so there are not a lot of hours to play with, and takes away from other work that would be paid for.

Big Al

I think we're in a bit of a different situation here - it's ongoing server and software license costs rather than a one off for equipment. We've been looking at some sort of subscription (eg 6 or 12 months) to remove the ads, but at the same time want to improve the site and add more features - so there is a little more value for money. That bit takes time on top of my day job, which is long hours and exhausting at the moment so there are not a lot of hours to play with, and takes away from other work that would be paid for.
Fair enough and you should be compensated for your amazing efforts.
if we did raise some though, you could just draw down as the bill’s come in. Not so much set a target of what is needed for new equipment.
My only concern if we go subscription based which I have no problems with is attracting new people.

basically want to help you out so let us know what is the best option and if it’s subscription great.
you put in so much time and money and everyone appreciates it but as you say we also have jobs and other commitments financially and time that makes it harder. If we can make it easier then that’s what everyone would be happy to do

marinermick

New pop up ads on the top of the screen are super annoying. Prevents me from clicking the hamburger unless I click off the ad. The “x” on those ads are also so small that you end up opening up the ad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami