• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM CCM vs Scummers 27-04-2024

PatientMariner

In a perfect world they capitulate today and we put 8 past them to get revenge for the 8-2 drubbing and the shit we copped from them back in the dark times.

In saying that I can see this being a tough match and us taking a 1-0 win. Daniel Elder as the referee will mean someone will be getting a red today, the guy is hopeless and can't handle a game without VAR in his ear every 5 seconds about a possible red card challenge. So be prepared for that.

Hope we turn up big in numbers today!

LFCMariners

I would imagine that (if new owners for the club had been secured) it would've been announced in the past week? Perfect timing to drum up numbers for this game with the feel-good factor in addition to it being the last game of the season.

But I haven't heard anything so...

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

This derby is certainly gonna be interesting, stay safe everyone

I know there were one or two comments on here about showing some sort of solidarity for a club potentially folding.....After that though?

Nah, f**k the scum. lowlife thieves.

Stay safe everybody. The players won't be the only ones fired up today.

Be on the alert for stealing scarves, banners etc.

Also, "bring back the breakers" is a great chant :D

Last edited:

Michael

Its DWH time - redemption narrative incoming
He’s capable, just needs some confidence from Jacko.

I am expecting a good win this afternoon. Big Eddy to start, Id like the rest of the team the same as start on Wednesday. Hoping for another big shift from theo then Migz coming on.

Michael

I personally think it’s a tragedy if the Jets fold and not a good sign for football, generally, in Aust. CCM and Jets have a great shared history which will be lost not to mention young kids coming through wanting to represent their home town etc. A real shame.
Nah f**k them. I couldn’t care less personally, like has been mentioned they called for us to be punted just because we had shit players for a few years etc.
The entire Newy football community is as smug as they come for the most part, bunch of NPL hacks that hate the aleague cos they couldn’t make it. When in reality if the entire region came together to build the jets and support their club, they’d honestly probably be a powerhouse club in the league. They deserve what they get IMO.

true believer

I personally think it’s a tragedy if the Jets fold and not a good sign for football, generally, in Aust. CCM and Jets have a great shared history which will be lost not to mention young kids coming through wanting to represent their home town etc. A real shame.
It would be an absolute tragedy if they fold .
And would leave us exposed to the mercinaries .
Circling the a league.

MrCelery

I had no idea about this stuff, anyone in the know explain the Breakers stuff and the attempt to not have the Mariners In the original HAL?
Here is a good summation of the Breakers demise. It was a lot nastier than most people know.

https://www.ccmfans.net/community/threads/breakers.355/post-17859

I'm not an expert on the Mariners entry into the HAL. (I have a good recorded history of the setting up of the vocal support, eg Marinators, now Yellow Army, but that's a story for another day). ) But as I understand it the Jets were one of the Clubs that voted to prevent our entry. Thankfully enough Clubs thought it was a good proposal and here we are.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Here is a good summation of the Breakers demise. It was a lot nastier than most people know.

https://www.ccmfans.net/community/threads/breakers.355/post-17859

I'm not an expert on the Mariners entry into the HAL. (I have a good recorded history of the setting up of the vocal support, eg Marinators, now Yellow Army, but that's a story for another day). ) But as I understand it the Jets were one of the Clubs that voted to prevent our entry. Thankfully enough Clubs thought it was a good proposal and here we are.
Thanks for that. I didn't follow the nsl so am ignorant to the history

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred