• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Rd 5 Jest V Mariners

Ironbark

This was my call on 2 Nov

I've said this elsewhere, but

Danny
Storm Paull/Hall Kaltak Faz
Niz Max
Doka Tulio Torres
Alou

Torres on the left - his crosses and assists will come off his left foot which is his strength
Remove a little of Doka's defensive load and i reckon he'll be an even better attacker. Tuck in for Storm overlaps. Same with Torres to let Faz bomb through. Alou on the end of things, Tulio pulling strings, threading the needle and taking some shots will draw defenders too

If Tulio tires - Niz to 10 and Steele in

I wasn't sure between Paull and Hall but now think Hally is the right move.

By the end of the jest game Tulio was stuffed, he'd worked so hard

Main difference now is Wilson was selected over Doka, who I still think could do the job too

JackMariner

Sitting at home watching the entire replay of our shooting out of the sky "Jets" Also just having a banquet at the Peking Gardens with six great neighbours after having another banquet of pleasure watching our boys shoot the jets out of the sky. Reminds a little of "Desert Storm" pardon the pun. Old Hovel Biplanes hopeless against us but it doesnt give me any pleasure realising Trent our local guy, with them. Him leaving us and going to Shitty FC was bad enough but Newcastle, Oh MY GOD. We use to walk our dogs regularly up at Mount Penang Parklands, at the time living in Kariong and on occasions, usually the weekends, we would see Trent practising by himself, doing things with a soccer ball you couldn't imagine doing. He left us in a time I think we all would rather forget, I do wish him all the best BUT Newcastle. His changing of clubs seem to be a pattern 2 years and he's gone. Ok so now bring on Melbourne, a city no longer run by "Teflon Dan, Dictator Dan and Chairman Dan" not forgetting tripping on a stair, stone cold sober, well, whilst on holidays and giving the impression he was leaving Dan and pleasing quite a few people of his expected departure.

Attachments

• 3537691.jpg
    3537691.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 16
  • olodhovel.jpg
    olodhovel.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 16
  • MelbourneC.jpg
    MelbourneC.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 16

Tevor

Scum were mid table prior to that. But they were surprisingly bad and their keeper was shite.

No team is outstanding this season. I believe we will make the 6.
I agree, you can't call the Scum that bad based on the first four rounds and their results. I still don't think the Nix have been that great either and have been helped by a run of home games to start the season. No one standing up to be the team to beat yet in my opinion. January going to be crucial for a few clubs.

true believer

Those that know me know that death riding any kid is certainly not my thing.
If you read a little further down I also wrote this:-
The Wilson goal was fortunate for him but well taken and hopefully gives him a lift.
Hardly death riding is it?... :popcorn:
if your bandwagoning then you've earnt the slight.
i know its not your game .but in this case ,the kid has been pillered for
all the teams ills . equally from the more reasonable crowd .
you don't get sammy ,benni and Cdog from a kid. with a handful of games .

personally i think the kid could be a gem

style_cafe

if your bandwagoning then you've earnt the slight.
i know its not your game .but in this case ,the kid has been pillered for
all the teams ills . equally from the more reasonable crowd .
you don't get sammy ,benni and Cdog from a kid. with a handful of games .

personally i think the kid could be a gem
Personally i hope he does too the same as Ihope all the young players do. However first and foremost i think we need experience and stability first, then bring the younger guys in as and when required. Wilson has been criticised by quite a few on here but not by my me. Hopefully that goal is the catalyst for his improvement.

Big Dog

I was stoked for him. You could see what it meant to him and his team mates in the celebration. I have no problem with people having an opinion on a players suitability in a position or selection but it's over the top when they are targeted for abuse or even being marked as responsible for a loss. He's a great kid who came to the Coast because of Monty and the Mariners "family". Everything has changed for him and he's 21. He's working hard to be the best he can be and hopefully he'll turn out to be everything Monty saw in him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred