• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Round 8 CFG Away

turbo

Just listened to Aurelio's press conference, nothing controversial but he did allude to us having the benefit of being fresh and full of energy.
Imagine having a victim complex when you’re the richest club in the comp. Even some of their fans on reddit going on about how they’ve lost so many players. Yeah buddy we did too and didn’t have two marquee slots and all the other exemptions worth of cash to replenish the 40 something goals (or whatever it was) and gun defenders that left in the off season.

Charlie1

I agree there first goal there was hands in the back but Faz has to be stronger I have noticed a lot he goes down easy when there in his back.

Huddo

Absolutely, every one of our goals was poured over with a fine tooth comb. They don't even try and hide it. That Lakolish bloke is a huge pretender and could only beat Faz with two hands in the middle of his back.

I can understand the Review for our the first (even if their first wasn't reviewed correctly), it didn't make sense for our second though.

I also don't understand why the ref had to explain it to their players after the first was ruled on, VAR ruled on it, there isn't a need for an explanation from the ref.

Ref just pandered to one team.

Tevor

I can understand the Review for our the first (even if their first wasn't), it didn't make sense for our second though.

I also don't understand why the ref had to explain it to their players after the first either, VAR ruled on it, there isn't a need for an explanation.

Ref just pandered to one team.
Spot on, made me sick how they were gathering around the Ref wanting an explanation when the Ref pretty much flat out dismissed Faz and his complaints about being pushed. Agree on the first as it was a tight potential off side.

Stuartmcateer

I also don't understand why the ref had to explain it to their players after the first was ruled on, VAR ruled on it, there isn't a need for an explanation from the ref.
Tbh if referees at all levels were better at communicating/explaining decisions there would be a lot less lip coming to them.

Not sure why he needed to have a full meeting with city but definitely “VAR checked it and he was clearly onside” should suffice.

turbo

Tbh if referees at all levels were better at communicating/explaining decisions there would be a lot less lip coming to them.

Not sure why he needed to have a full meeting with city but definitely “VAR checked it and he was clearly onside” should suffice.
Start using the cards they have if players can’t fall in line. The example being set at the top of our game locally would be very unsettling at a grassroots level yet FA refuse to clamp down in any meaningful way. Then they’ll launch another respect campaign as Autumn rolls around

Stuartmcateer

Start using the cards they have if players can’t fall in line. The example being set at the top of our game locally would be very unsettling at a grassroots level yet FA refuse to clamp down in any meaningful way. Then they’ll launch another respect campaign as Autumn rolls around
If it’s over the top or abusive absolutely trot out the cards. But I don’t think it’s unreasonable for a decision to be explained. Doesn’t have to be a committee meeting- a quick word on the run.

The best referees and the ones who get the most respect are the best communicators who don’t just say “go away” or “I made my decision”. A lot of the time it actually diffuses the situation.

It’s probably even more important at grassroots level to have good communication. Players are more likely to accept a decision that they disagree with if they understand why it was made.

Insertnamehere

If it’s over the top or abusive absolutely trot out the cards. But I don’t think it’s unreasonable for a decision to be explained. Doesn’t have to be a committee meeting- a quick word on the run.

The best referees and the ones who get the most respect are the best communicators who don’t just say “go away” or “I made my decision”. A lot of the time it actually diffuses the situation.

It’s probably even more important at grassroots level to have good communication. Players are more likely to accept a decision that they disagree with if they understand why it was made.
One thing I like about Rugby Union is that only the captain can talk to the ref. And even then if it isnt done respectfully they're told to bugger off. Football has a cultural problem with this ganging up on refs. I'm all for the refs taking a strong stance like rugby.

Tevor

Behich got away with murder in that game, he fully abused an assistant for a free kick call to Niz when Behich ran through the back of him and then tried to head butt Kuol and somehow Kuol also got a YC. Whilst he was a Socceroo I hate how they seem to get away with this kind of rubbish. Wasn't even a very good Socceroo in my opinion.

booney

Behich got away with murder in that game, he fully abused an assistant for a free kick call to Niz when Behich ran through the back of him and then tried to head butt Kuol and somehow Kuol also got a YC. Whilst he was a Socceroo I hate how they seem to get away with this kind of rubbish. Wasn't even a very good Socceroo in my opinion.
I agree with you about him acting like a prize c..t in this game but disagree with your view of his Socceroo appearance.He has had many top performances including the R16 game against Argentina in the WC.

FFC Mariner

City are better at shithousery than us. That's our failing not theirs.
Keep jibbing at the ref until he acts.
This one didn't so they kept at it.
Fair play

Tevor

I agree with you about him acting like a prize c..t in this game but disagree with your view of his Socceroo appearance.He has had many top performances including the R16 game against Argentina in the WC.
He had a purple patch. Plenty of ordinary appearances in there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred