• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALW CCM v Wellington at home - 6pm Sat 18th

pjennings

Not sure the club cares too much about customer experience.
If they did they would tell TV to stick it and open the other side
I'm not too sure the club has a say now. The broadcast deal would have been done with the APL - not the club and probably stipulated that low crowds just be on the eastern side. How much for a 5000 seat stand at Tuggerah?

Last edited:

gemkayem

Interesting that the Roar lost their first game with the new manager after the old one was sacked following their game against us!

Kilsin

It’s an us problem. You can’t expect other teams to invest in an extra kit because we want to have light and dark on the same kit. It’s not the smartest design.
I get your point but teams have already invested in a 3rd kit, though.

Whether our design is shit or not, it was approved by the league and is our main kit. Surely we get dibs to wear it at home.

The only reason I mention this is rocking up to support our girls in a yellow Mariners jersey, and hearing people singing for Yellow when the opposition was wearing yellow at our home just felt off.

marinermick

I'm not too sure the club has a say now. The broadcast deal would have been done with the APL - not the club and probably stipulated that low crowds just be on the eastern side. How much for a 5000 seat stand at Tuggerah?

Club has a say. It is purely down to cost and the way the stadium charges for different parts of the stadium management being open. Apparently it costs far more to open just the western stand than just the eastern stand.

1. Club has a duty of care to its supporters. Skin cancer rates on the Coast are the highest in the world. My wife was livid. She had extensive chemotherapy and radiation therapy twenty years ago. She is now more susceptible to malignancy and now days pretty much avoids the full sun. She had no choice on Saturday. This summer will be the hottest on record.
2. The stadium has a duty of care.
3. The APL has a duty of care.
4. The cost argument will be negligible if no one is there.
5. The club, the stadium and APL needs to at least try and demonstrate some equity between the men and women.

turbo

I get your point but teams have already invested in a 3rd kit, though
Have the women's teams done it or is it a way of reducing some costs for them? I get you on how weird it is turning up in yellow and looking like you're supporting the away team though.

Rising Sun

Club has a say. It is purely down to cost and the way the stadium charges for different parts of the stadium management being open. Apparently it costs far more to open just the western stand than just the eastern stand.

1. Club has a duty of care to its supporters. Skin cancer rates on the Coast are the highest in the world. My wife was livid. She had extensive chemotherapy and radiation therapy twenty years ago. She is now more susceptible to malignancy and now days pretty much avoids the full sun. She had no choice on Saturday. This summer will be the hottest on record.
5. The club, the stadium and APL needs to at least try and demonstrate some equity between the men and women.
Do we know the cost difference in opening western vs eastern? I can't think why it would be material?

From a marketing angle I can see it would be better if everybody there was in camera shot, but at the end of the day 1,500 people in a 10,000 seats is still not creating a FOMO on anybody watching on TV. Better to aim for 2,000 on the western rather than 1,500 disgruntled fans on the eastern and get the broadcaster to include a few crowd shots from the pitch side camera.

I was struck by the number of kids there on Saturday (and enjoyed the atmosphere they created in the 2nd half even if it was more swimming gala than football match) and opening up the western means you have got the grassed area for them to run around on at half time and before the match, and can get the ice cream van in. That's probably the marketing angle - make the ALW the "hottest ticket in town" for kids.

Rising Sun

Have the women's teams done it or is it a way of reducing some costs for them? I get you on how weird it is turning up in yellow and looking like you're supporting the away team though.
The CCM women's team don't have the 3rd kit at the moment - I don't know if they plan to get one. At least if we had the 3rd kit on Saturday, Nix could have played in their away kit so nobody would have been in yellow. I don't think Nix have a 3rd kit at all (men or women) so it wasn't an option to force them to play in theirs.

I think when we played Jets, neither team had the 3rd kit available so we were stuck with the fact that we had managed to design a home kit that had a back that clashed with Jets away kit and a front that clashed with their home kit.

Next women's game is away to MV - unless we acquire a 3rd kit, MV will need to wear their away kit at home to avoid a clash with whatever kit we turn up in

Kilsin

Okay, my bad. I assumed they were on par with the men with a 3rd kit as standard.

Kilsin

Well we haven't hosted the jets or nix yet so it may well be the same with the blokes when that rolls around.
Yeah, I was thinking about that. Poor management from whoever approves all the A-League kits, if so. You'd think someone would have seen this and picked up on the clash prior to the comp starting.

Shaun Mielekamp

Hey everyone, just wanted to give a couple updates here.

Firstly the opening of just the Eastern side is purely cost management topic, having the crowd on TV is not the reason. We had hoped that the 6pm kick off was going to make this far more palatable but there are still complaints coming through.

It may seem simple but the west is more expensive to open that the east, with warm up fields, operations areas around broadcast trucks and parking etc it simply costs more.

The costs management for our women's team is vitally important to the long term. We took the brave call to play all games at the stadium rather than select an NPL standard venue as we truly believe this is the right thing to do. I for one don't want to be looking at options to further reduce costs by changing venues.

The key take out for this though is that we have had two stand alone games for the women at two different time slots. We have learnt a lot from this and are in an active review process with the stadium on what options there are to create some shaded seating opportunities without blowing budgets. Before the next home game I will come back to you with where this is headed - keeping in mind that we have a 7pm kick off so the sun will likely set before kickoff (no i haven't checked when sun set is but I will).

So the important next game on this topic is the Sydney FC match on 7 Jan - be great to get ticket sales for this to a level that the easy answer is to open the whole stadium but i promise you we are looking at all options to fix this before then.

In regards to the playing strip allocations. Whilst this is an ongoing issue we are presenting to the League an option for a yellow back home jersey and also a 3rd kit - once these are in then the problem will be resolved.

i hope this helps answer a few questions and I'll keep updated happening as they come through

regards

gemkayem

Firstly the opening of just the Eastern side is purely cost management topic, having the crowd on TV is not the reason. We had hoped that the 6pm kick off was going to make this far more palatable but there are still complaints coming through.

It may seem simple but the west is more expensive to open that the east, with warm up fields, operations areas around broadcast trucks and parking etc it simply costs more.

The costs management for our women's team is vitally important to the long term. We took the brave call to play all games at the stadium rather than select an NPL standard venue as we truly believe this is the right thing to do. I for one don't want to be looking at options to further reduce costs by changing venues.

The key take out for this though is that we have had two stand alone games for the women at two different time slots. We have learnt a lot from this and are in an active review process with the stadium on what options there are to create some shaded seating opportunities without blowing budgets. Before the next home game I will come back to you with where this is headed - keeping in mind that we have a 7pm kick off so the sun will likely set before kickoff (no i haven't checked when sun set is but I will).

So the important next game on this topic is the Sydney FC match on 7 Jan - be great to get ticket sales for this to a level that the easy answer is to open the whole stadium but i promise you we are looking at all options to fix this before then.

In regards to the playing strip allocations. Whilst this is an ongoing issue we are presenting to the League an option for a yellow back home jersey and also a 3rd kit - once these are in then the problem will be resolved.

i hope this helps answer a few questions and I'll keep updated happening as they come through

regards
Thank you Shaun! And well done on a very promising start to our season so far!

JoyfulPenguin

regards
Thanks for the answer Shaun. We're lucky to have such an articulate and transparent CEO.

true believer

this is just a no brainer and you already have a stack of people over in the western stand.

true believer

giphy.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred