• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Any coaches ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted

You'd think one of the Seniors players would be up to the challenge... The prob with the coach licence is you have to go for the junior one first then do the youth and so on....
I do know of someone who wanted to coach the 14Bs, so I will ask him and see if he is keen to coach your team.

Sym

Yeah Me coaching the team would be like the last of all resorts,

Tah for the help mate

Kareem

offtheball said:
21's played Wyoming yesterday.

18A comp is Kariong, Tuggerah, Killarney, Kincumber, Wyoming, Berkeley Vale and Kanwal.
Kincumber shouldnt be in A's. They will come last IMO.
Before I unregistered for Umina...we played Kincumber A's in a 30 min game- won 2-1.
Umina came 4th last year in the 17b's and IMO will come highest 3rd 9highgly doubt that) and most likely 5-7th.
Although Kincumber had possesion but just wasted it!

My Ourimbah team lost 1-0 to Kanwal from a defensive error...we could have won we werent missin a striker and I wasnt out of sorts on sunday (I also play striker)...but I wouldnt call Kanwal as that bad...they could hold the ball and had some good defenders...and a good keeper!

dwight

MarinaTed said:
We (KDSC 14Bs) played the Budge 14As and they hammered us. We were missing a few players, had to borrow from D grade and had no subs. Still though, no excuses......
To go from undefeated in C grade last year to being annihilated was a wake up call for the boys....

Hey Sym did ya end up getting a coach yet?

Keep your head up MarinaTed there is a big difference between an "A" grade side and an understength "B" grade side that came up from "C"'s, ( probably puts you near bottom in "B" grade ) in my own son's team he plays "A" and they finished fourth in the comp they were beating the lower "A" grade's 12-15 nil.

And if your players dropped their heads - which was quite possible the score was going to blow out anyway, last year I watched a "trial' game between a 17 "A" team and an 18"B" team 17's won 9 nil but the 18's won their comp and the 17's finished near the top.

Good luck to the Killarney 14' B's.

Ted

dwight said:
MarinaTed said:
We (KDSC 14Bs) played the Budge 14As and they hammered us. We were missing a few players, had to borrow from D grade and had no subs. Still though, no excuses......
To go from undefeated in C grade last year to being annihilated was a wake up call for the boys....

Hey Sym did ya end up getting a coach yet?

Keep your head up MarinaTed there is a big difference between an "A" grade side and an understength "B" grade side that came up from "C"'s, ( probably puts you near bottom in "B" grade ) in my own son's team he plays "A" and they finished fourth in the comp they were beating the lower "A" grade's 12-15 nil.

And if your players dropped their heads - which was quite possible the score was going to blow out anyway, last year I watched a "trial' game between a 17 "A" team and an 18"B" team 17's won 9 nil but the 18's won their comp and the 17's finished near the top.

Good luck to the Killarney 14' B's.

Thanks mate. Yeah the longer the game went on the the more we lost heart. In the end it was an 8-0 slaughter. That trial game has put one of our players out with a knee injury for several weeks (if not the whole season).  We did lose last years play maker to CC Thunder this year (well done Nathan), so that is another hurdle we have yet to overcome.

We are that in need of players seems I have to register my 12 year old son for the 14Bs just to get 11 on the pitch. Not fair on him or the rest of the squad but its that or start the season with 10......

Kareem

lol
r u def. captain (since u r sort of coaching at the moment...)?

To MarinaTed. I can share some of your grief in getting enough players...
I only had 9 for my u13s team's trial game and had to borrow 3 u12 girls...they played awesome though
I only have 12 in my team. And only 2 of them are defenders...and one of them broke his toe and is out for 4 weeks. Which means we only have 11 for first 3 games...not gonna be fun as a coach!

Sym

I doubt I am captain I'll leave that to a mid or back, Ah not enough players - last season We had like 7 starting a few games and like 11 in full it IS hard.

Kareem

well depends whether there are players worthy of job...
i was a decent chance to be captain at Umina (the new coach was gonna give me a go) and I am a striker...but i do concede midfielders and moreso defenders make better captains.
But in some situations like at Umina where there is only one other player capable of being captain it is different.
At Ourimbah there are 4-5 that would make at least as good as captain as me (probably better cosnidering positions...) so I am njot fussed about leadership anymore...

Oh the good old days of not having enough players.
I rmember u15b's vs Kanwal... that was gay!
we only had 7 players show up with one comin later
so 8 players in total!

then there was 18a's on a sunday last year...only 9 players showing up against WYOMING 2
we had a 10th player come 15 mins late. 5 mins later our GK did his knee in so he was out.
Then in early 2nd half, one of our players got sent off...down to 8 in 18A's which should have been a definate loss!
BUT
we drew 1-1 and WYOMING were furious at themselves at being unable to dominate a 8-9 man side.

hasbeen

Kareem said:
IMO i wouldnt recommend any1 to play for Wyoming but I dont say that aloud...but whilst on the topic add umina which is on way down!
Kariong better than Wyoming IMO. (not in football but in other factors)
and i dunno any1s problem with Ourimbah- I have never had a fight with any Ourimbah players.
I have had arguments with- Wyoming (wat a loser!u16s), Kanwal, Kincumber.

Umina on the way down to where? They have never been lower than PL1 and won't be going there this season either. You can judge for yourself Kareem when you come along to play against them for Ourimbah Reserves (if you get picked). 

hasbeen

Kareem said:
I mean as a club.
They got a quality 1st and reserves side at the moment (I did train with them for 5-6 weeks in January-early March)...I couldnt compare them to Ourimbah but they are definately a more experienced side.
Just I dont personally like the direction the club is heading- nor how it treats its young players.

On the note of playin them...
I dunno whether I am ready yet to be picked for Reserves...especially against Umina (I played Reserves/Bearded Oysters during summer in Indoor and they were quite physical...)(not to say Ourimbah arent either...just not me!)

Not sure what you mean by 'how it treats its young players' ... what .... trophies and a free fun day every year ... jackets for winning premierships regardless of how low a grade (12E's last year) ... not pushing juniors to the hilt by grading them at under 6's ? I personally believe that the Umina policy of not pushing Juniors to the forefront (a la Terrigal) is what has made the Seniors at Umina so strong over the years.

As for the direction the club is heading? What better than what they have strived for every year? To be the best on the Coast. They have won the Club Championship more times than any other club.   

Jolly_Roger

In reference to Uminas juniors, i believe you are talking crap Kareem. They benefit in the following ways;

* All junior players receive trophys at the end of the year regardless of the division they play in.

* Teams that win the minor premiership or the grand final receive embroided jackets at presentation day regardless of the division they played in (12es as noted earlier received jackets last year),

* For families that have two or more kids playing, registration for the third or fourth child is free.

* The junior presentation day comes at a cost of approximately $6000 and consists of amusement rides. All junior players can attend including their brothers and sisters regardless of whether they play or not.

* Grading does not commence until under eights (which is semi graded) full grading commences in under nines as per CCF recommendations.

* The club does not look to recruit strong players from other clubs to bolster their A teams. Therefore positions in the top tier teams are there for all kids within the club to trial for (u9 to u18s).

* The senior teams do not actively recruit players from other clubs to play for them. Umina fields its senior teams with juniors that have come through the club. There are some exceptions who have arrived under there own steam. This is the major reason why Umina has never been relegated from Prem 1. The senior youth players know that if they are good enough, they will get a shot at reserve or first grade and wont have to play second fiddle to imports who have no loyalty to the club whatsoever. For this reason player retention is generally good because people dont get the s#@ts and leave.

I would invite others to comment, but this seems to be a fair arrangement for the kids in my opinion.

You clearly do not know what you are talking about Kareem. How many years where you at Umina again?

Davo

Haha yeah you will find Jolly_Roger that most people like to voice their opinions when they have no idea what they are really talking about.  Nice work stating the facts about Umina, I've played for Wyoming for many years and don't have a bad thing to say about the club.

Paolo

Jolly_Roger said:
* The club does not look to recruit strong players from other clubs to bolster their A teams. Therefore positions in the top tier teams are there for all kids within the club to trial for (u9 to u18s).

* The senior teams do not actively recruit players from other clubs to play for them.
Thats because they know umina is a shithole and other people do not want to be associated with that region ;)

Jolly_Roger

keensy said:
Jolly_Roger said:

* The senior teams do not actively recruit players from other clubs to play for them.
Thats because they know umina is a shithole and other people do not want to be associated with that region ;)

must of struck a raw nerve with my points  :eek:verhead:

Ted

Kareem said:
To MarinaTed. I can share some of your grief in getting enough players...
I only had 9 for my u13s team's trial game and had to borrow 3 u12 girls...they played awesome though
I only have 12 in my team. And only 2 of them are defenders...and one of them broke his toe and is out for 4 weeks. Which means we only have 11 for first 3 games...not gonna be fun as a coach!

I was informed yesterday that one of our defenders is out for the season requiring a knee reconstruction due to the injury he picked up in the Budgewoi hammering. We have also lost one of our strikers (Azza on these forums) with what looks to be a fractured right fibula. This leaves us with a squad of 9 for several weeks and 10 for the season upon Azza's return. My main concern is the boys losing heart due to lack of players and the struggle we will have ahead of us....
We do have the luxury of drawing from the 13A's who play games prior to ours for a few games at the start of the season, but still would much prefer to have a solid group that plays and trains together and can gel as team.

Sym, sorry mate but the person I mentioned about coaching has decided to coach the AAs. I believe he (Colin)checked your team out? Can't a parent help you guys out if that is the only option?

hasbeen

Kareem said:
I am talking about
1) the lack of attention to several key age groups (u18s one of them).
2) their All age 1 team was a disgrace with forfeiting numerous matches.
3) Certain people at the club treating others like crap...although they have changed Presidents now which can only be a good thing for Umina!
4) Lack of chances for young players 17-18, compared to other clubs eg. Ourimbah. Unless Ourimbah is a super great club (which from what I hear is only ocnsidered to be an alrite club) that is pretty poor effort from Umina!
5) I have been at Umina for 3 years and I enjoyed my time...but not when they decide to change coaches for my team with no good reason apart from politics! They then decide to leave us without a certain coach.
And yes I do think I know wat I am talking about as I have 1st hand experience!!!
I thankfully will never have to play for Umina again and I personally am happy (I was planning to go back to SEU next year anywya but was stayin for the coach and to play u18s)

Okay let's tackle these one at a time

1) Several key age groups? No, only one .. the 18's (because of last year's coach)
2) AA1 forfeited 1 game and were duly fined by the CCF
3) Correct but you needed to be at the Club Meetings to see who was treating who like crap. You weren't there and are obviously going on second hand information .. dangerous.
Do you know last year's and this year's Presidents personally in order to make the call that one is better than the other?
4) Lack of chances to do what? Play up in Reserves etc ? ... if you are good enough of course the chances are there.
5) The coach from last year's 17's to this year's 18's was changed because of requests from several players. The only player to have left because of the change is you Kareem. Coincidence? 
On a general note you seem to be split between playing for Ourimbah & Southern. Not the sort of thing a coach likes to hear when he's looking for commitment is it? 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred