• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Are there any personal trainers for football out there?

Big Al

Dont knock the dark arts Big Al. Alot of it is subtle stuff, like using your chest and not you arms. The elbow is a key weapon and simply bracing your body at the right time. I tried to teach it to a Kung fu blackbelt (who was also a tireless centre mid) but when he tried he would always overdo it and give away a free kick.
Even a simple block tackle (you will always win if your body weight is over the ball) can set the tone early for an easy afternoon. My style of tackling was Alou Koul style sliding....which you can't get away with those these days. Also a bit of sledging, can be useful....not rude or stupid.....but good to involve the opposing fans...something like....can you send on another winger, this one is too easy.
The opposite mate. Encouraging the dark arts.
I got taken out of midfield to go as a sweeper to clean everyone’s shit up one year.

Mine to i crunched a smaller kid in a preseason game once with alot of shoulder and landed on him for good measure. The crowd wanted my blood and my own coach that it was a bad tackle.
still till this day i am adamant it was clean every one was pissed because he was smaller than me and got hurt.
I am not an aggressive person by any means but i did suffer a little white line fever and was happy to get physical with any one on the field.

midfielder

My approach was always to try and get on the good side of the ref pre game and early in the game... give him some praise ...

Play reasonably clean... then when the need arose and someone deserved it hit them with a challenging tackle ... get up and apologise to the player say sorry to the ref and admit to a small error... kinda helped being seen and regarded as clean player that made a clumsy challenge .... never got booked for challenges other players were sent off for....

Something Matty S could learn from...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami