• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Audio books

true believer

G'day where did you buy them from ?
Do i need a kindle or is my phone ok ?
How big is the file size ? 250 page book .
(On the road .jack kerouac )say

FFC Mariner

2 ways I believe

Buy them, sign up to audible or buy from itunes or google. I understand from other people that they can be found on the internet for free

Usually an mp3 file or similar and you can play through your phone

300mb tops?

Forum Phoenix

Audible is the best by far.
I’ve found that a quality narrator is actually a great way to find other good books. And as you say makes a massive difference,

MagpieMariner

Totally agree about Audible. I have a number of books narrated by Stephen Fry, superb. I've not tried free audiobooks, but if they're anything like most free e-books, they're a waste of time.
There is an Audible app available for Android phones and tablets (both free). I assume for Apple as well, but I don't have Apple devices, so I don't know.
Audible's sub is $15/month. Most items are that price or less.

true believer

Totally agree about Audible. I have a number of books narrated by Stephen Fry, superb. I've not tried free audiobooks, but if they're anything like most free e-books, they're a waste of time.
There is an Audible app available for Android phones and tablets (both free). I assume for Apple as well, but I don't have Apple devices, so I don't know.
Audible's sub is $15/month. Most items are that price or less.
So you pay a momthly fee ? $15 bucks ain"t bad . I could well listen to a few books i never seem to read

MagpieMariner

So you pay a momthly fee ? $15 bucks ain"t bad . I could well listen to a few books i never seem to read
It's good for me, I have taken quite a lot of books since I joined. Note the fee gets you 1 book per. You can buy more if you want to for around the same price each. If you already have the Kindle version, you get the audible for a lot less and they sync.
There's a lot of variety with a lot of good narrators. One I've particularly enjoyed is The Complete Sherlock Holmes narrated by Stephen Fry. If you like British detective novels, there's a series by Joy Ellis, the first in the series is "Crime On The Fens". I find her a good read.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb