• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia Cup 2022

Meerkat

. i think in some ways they may be a bit relieved to have drawn us

. i mean they kinda get a pass for a fail - there is no shame in losing to an ALM heavyweight in the first round ... it would be far worse for them to lose to an NPL team
Funny, I said the same for us.. “at least we won’t be knocked out by an Npl team.” ?

Forum Phoenix

Probably not unfortunately.

But even if we get the final matchday on August 2nd they have barely a month to sign basically an entire side. They need to sign visa players it will take time to first get them in the country and then on the same page tactically.

We are in a much stronger position with centre back being really the only spot we need to make a signing till then.

The continuity of our squad should put us as heavy favourites already.
And even at CB. (Though I agree with you) at least we have two players who have started and played well for us there.

JoyfulPenguin

Steve Corica on the state of Sydney FC's current squad:

It’s good, we have 18 players now and are looking to bring in at least four, possibly five new faces in the coming weeks.

This will really strengthen our squad by the start of the new season in October.

Some of the boys came back today for their first day at training, but some who have been away with national squads are still on holiday and others playing with our National Premier League side.

They will all be back by 11th July and hopefully we’ll also have a new face or two by then.

Masterfood's Quality Sauce:

JoyfulPenguin

So Sydney put a currently contracted squad list with their re-signing news for Retre/Donachie, they could lineup with:

Redmayne
Grant Wilkinson Donachie O'Toole
Yazbek Brattan
Kamsoba Burgess Caceres
Le Fondre

Bench: Heward-Belle, Wood, Retre, Hollman

Not an overly strong side but not a weak one either. I would say that there will be a few Academy players in that lineup too and not sure if Brattan is back yet.

turbo

That’s a functional enough team. Add in a few new players off the bench for 15-20 mins and it won’t be a walk in the park.
But you know Corica won’t change from 4-2-2-2 so shift Kamsoba forward.

pjennings

So Sydney put a currently contracted squad list with their re-signing news for Retre/Donachie, they could lineup with:

Redmayne
Grant Wilkinson Donachie O'Toole
Yazbek Brattan
Kamsoba Burgess Caceres
Le Fondre

Bench: Heward-Belle, Wood, Retre, Hollman

Not an overly strong side but not a weak one either. I would say that there will be a few Academy players in that lineup too and not sure if Brattan is back yet.
And we could counter (assuming Faz and Windust)

----------------Birighitti
Aquilina--Windust----Hall-------Faz
Kuol--------Niz---- ---------Nkololo
----------------- Marco--------
--------Ayongo-----Cummings-----------

marinermick

And we could counter (assuming Faz and Windust)

----------------Birighitti
Aquilina--Windust----Hall-------Faz
Kuol--------Niz---- ---------Nkololo
----------------- Marco--------
--------Ayongo-----Cummings-----------

Doubt Monty will deviate from two holding mids, especially against Sydney

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics