• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Best Referee in A-League

john_kowolski

After the extremly poor performance of Breeze last week, I can only wonder who might be refereeing the finals. The thought of Breeze refereeing a Sydney v Mariners Prelim. Final does not sit well with me

Mark Shield already has the final and for me that is fine. I think he is the best referee in the country and he was recently proven to be the best in Asia. When I look at the appointments for the the refs of the SMH website, I can walk into the stadium with confidence when Shield is refereeing us, becuase the game will be fair, and the players won't be dudded. He doesn't want to draw attention to himself and that's great

Lucky for us on NYE, we have Shield.

The worst bloke in the league by far is that Kiwi, O'Leary who sent of Porter in  the QLD game. I have never seen such a poor decision in my life.

What are your thoughts on best/worst and on the finals

kevrenor

It's a bit like having to pick a Nobel prize with only the Squadrunts to chose from, but here goes:

1.  Peter Green
2.  Mark Shield
3.  Srebre Delovski
4.  Simon Przydacz - putting on tin hat
5.  Peter O'Leary - except that one mad game this season

Last - Ben Williams

Mark Hester (NZ) - one good game is too early to call

jaypee

Have we had Peter Green this year at home?

I love it how Breeze is doing so many SFC games......

mariners4ever

IMO if we have a major semi or a preliminary final against sydney with breeze as ref we can say goodbye to winning those games

Wombat

I think Shield is hugely overated. I think he is a poor ref but he does let the game flow better than some of the other muppets.
Some of his decisions, or lack of, in the game against Melbourne, were stunningly poor.
Breeze and that Kiwi clown are the worst.
Our Ref's would have to be among the most incompetant anywhere in the world and the FFA need to do something about it as the standard of play and players has improved markedly but the reffing has continued to be dire at best.

gull

Our Ref's would have to be among the most incompetent anywhere in the world and the FFA need to do something about it as the standard of play and players has improved markedly but the reffing has continued to be dire at best.
[/quote]

Totally agree. Very poor standard. Breeze had a shocker again tonight in the Qld V Mel game.

What about Zetta? Lets the game flow really well and is consistent (good or bad) to both teams.

Statue

I think sheilds is the best ref in the league and probs always will be while he is still around.

On form i would rate peter green as the best ref at the moment, he has a very good presance as a ref, can keep the game under controal, allows play to flow while still making the decisions that needs to be made, and most of them are generally right. There was on game in Melbourne (i think it was against adelaide) was easily the best perfomance i had seen by a referee in the a-league, every decision was spot on

marinersman

As Grennpole said, the problem for me is the linesman (I refuse the call them Assistant Referees, because they're not).

The amount of bad calls going the wrong way for corners/goal kicks and throw ins is appalling. Not to mention off sides. I thought the benefit of the doubt is meant to go to the attacking team.

Sure our refs make some bad calls, it happens everywhere in the world. It's a tough gig. My beef is with the linesman. They make bad obvious bad calls time and time again.

FFC Mariner

On ability alone, the young female linesperson is without doubt the worst official I have seen at this level.

Bear

Breeze made a huge f**k up tonight. I think it was Ognenovski? crossed a ball into the area, got hacked at the same time, and Breeze blew the free kick and gave a yellow to the Melbourne scum. Meanwhile, the ball that Ognenovski crossed fell to the feet of a QLD player on the penalty spot. PLAY ADVANTAGE, THEN CARD, YOU FARKING MUPPET. Seriously, how hard is it?

~Floss~

Jose Bearinator said:
Breeze made a huge f**k up tonight. I think it was Ognenovski? crossed a ball into the area, got hacked at the same time, and Breeze blew the free kick and gave a yellow to the Melbourne scum. Meanwhile, the ball that Ognenovski crossed fell to the feet of a QLD player on the penalty spot. PLAY ADVANTAGE, THEN CARD, YOU FARKING MUPPET. Seriously, how hard is it?

He got one right after that though (perhaps he was "made aware of his mistake"), because Qld's goal eventually came from an advantage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred