• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Best Referee in A-League

Bex

Breeze's most most massive stuff up in Qld was Melbourne's hand ball in the penalty box that he didn't call. It was near the end of the game and would have tied it up at 2-2.

kevrenor

Marconigirl has started this Facebook group...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6366399994

You are welcome to participate.

neverwozza

Lets hope we don't get breeze for either of our last two home games. I know the home record for A-League clubs isn't that crash hot at the moment but refereeing less than 20% home wins makes me a little bit nervous. Perhaps in his efforts not to be influenced by the home crowd he is compensating the other way. I can think of at least half a dozen incidents over the last 4 weeks where crucial decisions have gone with the away side and I only watched bits and pieces of the Adelaide game.

Breeze
Round Home Away Result Home win
4 Sydney Wellington 1-2 N
5 Newcastle Melbourne 2-2 D
6 Central Coast Adelaide 2-1 Y
7 Central Coast Newcastle 1-1 D
8 Perth Sydney 3-3 D
9 Sydney Adelaide 0-1 N
10 Melbourne Newcastle 0-2 N
11 Newcastle Sydney 0-1 N
12 Queensland Wellington 3-0 Y
13 Adelaide Newcastle 1-1 D
14 Sydney Queensland 1-1 D
15 Central Coast Sydney 4-5 N
16 Sydney Newcastle 1-0 Y
17 Melbourne Newcastle 1-3 N
18 Adelaide Sydney 1-3 N
19 Queensland Melbourne 1-2 N

Andy

marinersman said:
As Grennpole said, the problem for me is the linesman (I refuse the call them Assistant Referees, because they're not).

The amount of bad calls going the wrong way for corners/goal kicks and throw ins is appalling. Not to mention off sides. I thought the benefit of the doubt is meant to go to the attacking team.

Sure our refs make some bad calls, it happens everywhere in the world. It's a tough gig. My beef is with the linesman. They make bad obvious bad calls time and time again.

I hadn't noticed this until the last round but they really do get a lot of them wrong!

clarence

Topic heading is about as appropriate as asking the folks in world war 2 which top Nazi was the 'nicest'. :vomit: ;D

Refs are people, they make mistakes, they have good matches and bad matches. Players and managers make mistakes too. Unfortunately, not a lot of work seems to have gone into improving the standard of refereeing, but the players and coaches have improved over these 3 seasons.

If anything, it's unfair to the clubs, managers and players to have poeple reffing them who aren't up to the same standard or better than themselves.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred