• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bluetongue Food Polcy

Scotty

Hey people,

:soapbox:

I wanted to pass on a story regarding the stadiums policy on bringing in food from outside vendors.
While entering the stadium for the Newcastle game a few weeks ago, my family was prevented from entering the stadium with Subway sandwiches.

After explaining that my wife and I both have special dietary requirements and that there are no vendors inside the stadium that offer healthy food such as Subway, (the stadium official pointed out that there is a vendor that sells sandwiches, which we later found out is false) we were forced to sit outside the stadium and scoff down our dinner while missing out on the first 10 mins of the match.

I can understand someone being prevented from bringing in a box of pizza (in fact we saw such a case) when there  is a vendor selling the same product at the stadium. But it should be my right to take a healthy meal with me to eat while I cheer on the boys. We were told it was OK to bring home made sandwiches but not from a competitors shop. If we had taken the Subway wrappers off it would have been OK too!

We have been taking in food like this for two seasons, maybe we were just unlucky that day and met the head of the Food Police.

What are your thoughts?

Leedsmariner

Just put them at the bottom of a bag next time
The way they check the bags would not find any band material at all, unless it was sticking out of it

Morale of the story- "If you want subway at Bluetongue, don't get a foot long and have it hanging out of your bag!

Jocwa08

Yea me and my friends tried to walk in with subway and they said no, so we ate them there and they watched us with every bite, i was gunna ask if they wanted some, i thought twice though

nutmeg

its classed as take away food and they say no take away is allowed in the stadium. they also used to sell sandwiches at the stadium but not so much now.

~Floss~

Sounds like you know next time to unwrap them first.

It is unfortunate that you missed part of the game in order to learn that lesson, but thank you for passing it on and possibly saving others from the same fate.

Andy

Leedsmariner said:
Just put them at the bottom of a bag next time
The way they check the bags would not find any band material at all, unless it was sticking out of it

Morale of the story- "If you want subway at Bluetongue, don't get a foot long and have it hanging out of your bag!

;D

You should write fables.  ;)

marconigirl

I always bring in takeaway pad thai from the CCLC, only because they do not sell any food that I can eat in the stadium... Once they start accommodating to Coeliacs I will GLADLY not bring in outside food...

BTW- aparently you can bring in a 'homemade sandwich' so what is the difference between that and subway sandwich? just place it in a lunch box!?!?!?

(From the CC stadium website... http://www.centralcoaststadium.com.au/conditionsofentry.asp)

The following foods / items are among those permitted into Bluetongue Stadium:

* Homemade foods, packaged snack foods (potato chips, chocolate, lollies etc)
    * Plastic bottles, Thermos, small Esky / carry bag (must be able to fit under a seat)

FFC Mariner

A few guys near me always have spirits that they have brought into the ground.

I am told that you put the bottle down the back of your pants (in the small of your back) and wrap a jumper round your waist. Watch and see next time as you go in. Ever noticed the number of v pissed people drinking coke??

Its not just at Bluetongue either. SFS, 1st game of season, guy next to me had a half bottle of JD.

They dont search you, so stick said Subway up your jumper and walk in.

Davo

I can understand the reasoning behind not allowing commercial fast foods into the stadium and although Subway is a healthy meal I can see why you were stopped on this occasion.

In this day and age of competitive advertising and business between food outlets it is common to see similar restrictions at any venue.  As you mentioned it depends on who is policing this issue at entry however I'm sure if you took a pizza and ate it at a burger shop they wouldn't be too impressed.

Another comparison could be made saying you should be allowed to take in a plastic cup of Tooheys New or VB and drinking it whilst you cheer on the team.

If these restrictions weren't in place it would definitely make things easier, however I personally don't think they are too unreasonable from a business point of view.

Atomic

Rules are rules. Life isn't fair sometimes. Now that you're aware of them you have two choices, either abide by them (what a wonderful world it would be if we all did that) or break them (the easy route).

By obeying the rules, buy can you food inside the stadium (thereby supporting bussinesses that inturn support the stadium... let's face it, Bluetongue Stadium is not a charity), or for people who don't want to pay the rip off prices, plan ahead - a novel idea which involves taking some responsibility for your actions. Eat 10 mins earlier than you otherwise would so you don't miss the match or make something at home and bring it with you. If you have a dietry concern such as Coeliacs disease, it makes all the more sense to be bringing your own food. Put it in a cooler bag if you need to make it in the morning and are coming to the game directly from work.

~Floss~

Atomic said:
Rules are rules. Life isn't fair sometimes. Now that you're aware of them you have two choices, either abide by them (what a wonderful world it would be if we all did that) or break them (the easy route).

By obeying the rules, buy can you food inside the stadium (thereby supporting bussinesses that inturn support the stadium... let's face it, Bluetongue Stadium is not a charity), or for people who don't want to pay the rip off prices, plan ahead - a novel idea which involves taking some responsibility for your actions. Eat 10 mins earlier than you otherwise would so you don't miss the match or make something at home and bring it with you. If you have a dietry concern such as Coeliacs disease, it makes all the more sense to be bringing your own food. Put it in a cooler bag if you need to make it in the morning and are coming to the game directly from work.

Damn. Common sense destroys another great conspiracy theory.

Atomic

~Floss~ said:
Atomic said:

Damn. Common sense destroys another great conspiracy theory.

Don't get me wrong, Frank Lowy, Kosmina and Breeze are behind all of this!!! :redcard: :redcard: :redcard:  :vhappy:

brett

I was at Westfield Shopping Centre and the Maccas were serving Double Breeze and Bacon Burgers, and some bloke called Kossie was offering free shuttles straight to the stadium gates :mad:

S

striker

Scotty said:
Hey people,

:soapbox:

I wanted to pass on a story regarding the stadiums policy on bringing in food from outside vendors.

can't you eat either before or after the game?.....  f**k! you make your life complicated.....

P

Pete

Scotty:
If you intend to buy something that could be classified as 'take away', bring along a lunchbox or something like that from home, unwrap the food and put it in it.

If you have dietary concerns maybe you should be bringing your own food anyways. It's enclosed arena, they can and do decide what comes in and what doesn't. At least you are now aware of their policy, and can plan ahead.

Bluetongue do what they can, but it's a football stadium not 5 star ala carte. I've bought "halal" meat pies there, so they do try mate.

poetryintheblood

I'm a Diabetic and I eat at the club first where I can choose a meal that agrees with my sugars, you have a great range and the price is good too, and you get a light meal if you want, otherwise if you have sugar rises or drops like I do at times, keep something legal to eat hidden in your bag, don't make it obvious by walking in with it, as they naturally want revenue to remain in the stadium by making you buy from there, it's that way everywhere you go, you just have to think ahead :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred