• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Business owners on CCM Fans

Allreet?

Not entirely sure if this is the appropriate thread, but anyway...

Some on here will know I'm a part time football journo, but also a novelist. (Also wrote Lawrie McKinna's bio.) I have a new novel out and will be doing a signing at Bookface Erina from 11.00 to 1.00 on Saturday 2 September. Drop in and say g'day... no recriminations if you haven't bought the book. (Part of the cover is now my avatar.)

Asparagus Grass

Mitch Kuiper works in the parks for Newtown Council and the bane of his life is asparagus grass – a tough spiky weed that will conquer entire suburbs if not ripped out wherever it takes root.

As the story opens, Mitch becomes involved with two quirky young women. One is a permanent uni student engaged in some very arcane research. The other has an even more mysterious secret and, as Mitch is drawn into their worlds, finds his head exploding with the enormity of the perils before him – a galactic war, in which he has suddenly become a key player.

How can a Sydney gardener save not just the Earth, but the galaxy that contains it?

An Australian story of pan-cosmic enormity.

Here are some of the early reviews on Goodreads...

Meerkat

Not entirely sure if this is the appropriate thread, but anyway...

Some on here will know I'm a part time football journo, but also a novelist. (Also wrote Lawrie McKinna's bio.) I have a new novel out and will be doing a signing at Bookface Erina from 11.00 to 1.00 on Saturday 2 September. Drop in and say g'day... no recriminations if you haven't bought the book. (Part of the cover is now my avatar.)

Asparagus Grass

Mitch Kuiper works in the parks for Newtown Council and the bane of his life is asparagus grass – a tough spiky weed that will conquer entire suburbs if not ripped out wherever it takes root.

As the story opens, Mitch becomes involved with two quirky young women. One is a permanent uni student engaged in some very arcane research. The other has an even more mysterious secret and, as Mitch is drawn into their worlds, finds his head exploding with the enormity of the perils before him – a galactic war, in which he has suddenly become a key player.

How can a Sydney gardener save not just the Earth, but the galaxy that contains it?

An Australian story of pan-cosmic enormity.

Here are some of the early reviews on Goodreads...

Love the Peter Goldsworthy comparison .. “Maestro” was one of the few studies I remember fondly from my HSC! Great book.

I work at Erina and pretty confident I’m around on that Sat.. will pop in ?

Allreet?

Love the Peter Goldsworthy comparison .. “Maestro” was one of the few studies I remember fondly from my HSC! Great book.

I work at Erina and pretty confident I’m around on that Sat.. will pop in ?
PG contacted me out of the blue. He liked some of my Socceroos articles and read Mr Cleansheets, so all of a sudden we were swapping books and he was only too happy to read AG and provide a cover quote - which couldn't have been better if I'd written it myself. I loved Vonnegut.

PG just happens to be one of my favourite Australian novelists so that was amazing. He's a huge football fan and attends most Adelaide matches.

Allreet?

I also loved Maestro, but my favourite of his was Honk If You Are Jesus.

His recent crime thriller about a blind detective (Minotaur) is pretty awesome also.

Allreet?

Just a sneaky reminder to anyone going to Erina Fair tomorrow, I'll be doing a signing for my new book from 11.00 to 1.00.

Come and say g'day (even if you don't want the book).

www.goodreads.com

Asparagus Grass

Mitch Kuiper works in the parks for Newtown Council and…
www.goodreads.com
www.goodreads.com

Allreet?

For the those who live near Avoca, my official book launch is at the Surf Club on Wednesday night 13 September. 7.00 ish. Come early for a drink or a meal.

I'll be in conversation with Pauline Wright, which will hopefully be quite amusing.

marinermick

For the those who live near Avoca, my official book launch is at the Surf Club on Wednesday night 13 September. 7.00 ish. Come early for a drink or a meal.

I'll be in conversation with Pauline Wright, which will hopefully be quite amusing.

Speaking to your mate Julia Dingley at a gastroenterology conference in Brisbane on the weekend. She mentioned your book.

Allreet?

How do you like that? There's a gastroenterologist on the boards?

Onya MM. Julia (as you would know) is lovely, with superb taste in literature.

Allreet?

And for the last time... book launch tonight at Avoca Surf Club for anyone who's up for a couple of beers and listening to some arsehole wank on about secret aliens and getting rid of noxious weeds.

(Deep in my heart, I know I'm funny...)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred