• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCF CIRCA 2010

hasbeen

Ourimbah and Umina 35A played their GF the day before ... might have had something to do with them declining the C of C ...

girljean

Competition Manager Resigns.
My club delegate told me today that at last night's CCF meeting it was anounced that the CCF Competition Manager had resigned. Apparently the reason put forward was that he was seeking greener pastures and that the job was not what he had thought it would be.
Did not know the person but I am sure he did the best he could within what he was instructed to do by the CCF. If the job was not what he thought it would be, obviously either the job description was not clear enough or he may not have been truly suited for the position. I do not blame him for this but I blame those involved in his selection for the job. They should have seen that either he did not understand or was not aware of what the position encompassed and they should have ensured that he had the ability to do all that the CCF actually required of him. Hopefully those at the CCF who select his replacement will do a better job than those who chose this poor chap at the beginning of this year. Seems he may have been thrown to the wolves and despite not being happy with this season I sympathise with him.
Please CCF we need his replacement be someone with the proper experience and ability. Also can we have someone who is not going to just hit a button to produce a draw but who will then be prepared to revise same to make it fair.

starfish

Don't worry about replacing staff - what about the Board? Since the AGM there have been a record FOUR Directors resign from the Board, all part of Darren Sprod's new professional team, with NONE being replaced. Fast becoming a bit of a one man show there.

Revilo

Competition Manager Resigns.
My club delegate told me today that at last night's CCF meeting it was anounced that the CCF Competition Manager had resigned. Apparently the reason put forward was that he was seeking greener pastures and that the job was not what he had thought it would be.
Did not know the person but I am sure he did the best he could within what he was instructed to do by the CCF. If the job was not what he thought it would be, obviously either the job description was not clear enough or he may not have been truly suited for the position. I do not blame him for this but I blame those involved in his selection for the job. They should have seen that either he did not understand or was not aware of what the position encompassed and they should have ensured that he had the ability to do all that the CCF actually required of him. Hopefully those at the CCF who select his replacement will do a better job than those who chose this poor chap at the beginning of this year. Seems he may have been thrown to the wolves and despite not being happy with this season I sympathise with him.
Please CCF we need his replacement be someone with the proper experience and ability. Also can we have someone who is not going to just hit a button to produce a draw but who will then be prepared to revise same to make it fair.

How do you know 100% for sure that someone is right for the job? Fact is, you will never be 100% sure.

Also, they may not have the funding to get the world's best Competition Manager.

Either way, no matter who the Competition Manager is, or how good of a job they do, they won't be able to please everyone.

Your rants are getting a bit stale.

concerned

Starfish
Your quote....” Don't worry about replacing staff - what about the Board? Since the AGM there have been a record FOUR Directors resign from the Board, all part of Darren Sprod's new professional team, with NONE being replaced. Fast becoming a bit of a one man show there.”

My comment
Latest is that he is now to take over the referees assn. No agreement between the CCF and the referees. Just Mr Sprod's CCF telling the referees they are taking over this Friday. Maybe we should rename the CCF to DSF, Darren Sprod Football. His ideas did not work this past season from a football situation and now he wants to wreck the referees Assn which seemed to be running quite well without his interference.

Revilo
Your quote......"How do you know 100% for sure that someone is right for the job? Fact is, you will never be 100% sure. Also, they may not have the funding to get the world's best Competition Manager. Either way, no matter who the Competition Manager is, or how good of a job they do, they won't be able to please everyone. Your rants are getting a bit stale"

My comment
I do not see 'girljean' as ranting. Seems to me she was stating facts and being compassionate towards the former competitions manager. Also seems to me you are nothing but a stooge for Mr. Sprod's CCF.

Revilo

Concerned - There are numerous posts in numerous threads about this issue posted by Girljean. My point is, she loves a good old complain, and I'm getting sick of it.

And yea, I'm on Mr Sprodd's payroll :rolleyes:

darrensprod

All

I am always happy to read any criticism and I dont take it personally. We have made some mistakes this year (especially around the washout policy) and we are currently reviewing these with the club delegates and we are currently holding a competitions review panel meeting every monday night that involves some directors and representatives of 8 clubs to formulate the plan for 2011. I would be happy for any input into this panel and ideas on compeititons for 2011.

I am happy and open to any feedback either anonymously or if you want to discuss my number and email address are on the CCF website at www.ccfootball.com.au

I will remind everyone that I personally dont make the decisions of CCF but the Board of Directors in its entirety do. This is not abdicating my responsibility.

Also we will always admit to any errors we make and take any constructive criticism on board as we certianly want to deliver a good level of service to the football public.

Once again happy to recieve any form of feedback or a call from any of the football public.

Regards
Darren Sprod

offtheball

Dear Darren,

Your willingness to come onto this forum and justify decisions made, and in some circumstances admit to errors is certainly a breath of fresh air in club administration.

A couple of points I would lik e to mention.

The 21's comp was very disappointing this year, not many teams and fairly one sided, although Kanwal managed to spring an upset in the grand final. Rumour has it there will a third grade comp next year instead.

Now that the referees have come under your umbrella, will you some how look to alleviate the lack of referees for Sunday all age games? Maybe with Friday night games being re-instated.

darrensprod

Dear Darren,

Your willingness to come onto this forum and justify decisions made, and in some circumstances admit to errors is certainly a breath of fresh air in club administration.

A couple of points I would lik e to mention.

The 21's comp was very disappointing this year, not many teams and fairly one sided, although Kanwal managed to spring an upset in the grand final. Rumour has it there will a third grade comp next year instead.

Now that the referees have come under your umbrella, will you some how look to alleviate the lack of referees for Sunday all age games? Maybe with Friday night games being re-instated.

I cant give you an answer to these yet but they have both been mentioned at our competitions review. There has been some discussion of under 19's and of removing the 21's comp but no firm decision and we would take any plan back to the clubs anyway. Any thoughts appreciated.

As for referees we will be trying to recruit more referees and try and attract more senior people as well. We probably wont be able to go back to Friday nights as we have less and less grounds available and both councils are discouraging the use of their fields for night games.

As soon as the plan for next year is know I will let the people on the forum know where it can be downloaded from.

Rocket

As far as removing the U21's Competition and forming a U19's Competition would take us away from uniformity with FootballNSW competitions.
Far better to promote and improve the U21's Competitions of which some Clubs have already done.
U16 to U18 to U21 to Grade or All Age is a much more even progression into the Senior Ranks

Eaglefan

As far as removing the U21's Competition and forming a U19's Competition would take us away from uniformity with FootballNSW competitions.
Far better to promote and improve the U21's Competitions of which some Clubs have already done.
U16 to U18 to U21 to Grade or All Age is a much more even progression into the Senior Ranks
After speaking to many it seems that the general perception of the 21s comp is not good.Most associations with 21-23 sides have no reserve grade team so it can be a pathway.Lets face it if your 20-21 and haven't made at least reserves your either at the wrong club or have no hope.Whether the comp is 18 or 19 i think isn't the issue its the format that's the problem. The A,B and C grade isn't the best for all potential players to be playing week in week out against each other before thier 1st grade side.In the end it's a matter of opinion. So lets hear em.....

girljean

My nephew played 21's last season. It was not a great comp but it gave him somewhere to play other than in a MAA side where he would have been playing against a mob of hasbeens whose interest was more in the Esky at the end of a game than the result. I was told by my club that the 21's were initiated to put those younger players who could not make grade to play against their peers rather than these other has beens. Think that 21 comp should be given a go and given more support by clubs.

Eaglefan

My nephew played 21's last season. It was not a great comp but it gave him somewhere to play other than in a MAA side where he would have been playing against a mob of hasbeens whose interest was more in the Esky at the end of a game than the result. I was told by my club that the 21's were initiated to put those younger players who could not make grade to play against their peers rather than these other has beens. Think that 21 comp should be given a go and given more support by clubs.
your right there it wasn't a great comp. When 21s came in it was as a kind of 3rd grade but was never taken on in that way as there isn't a great enough talent pool on the cental coast. clubs then used it for what you have said a place to put 18 b and c grade players instead of sending them to AA.the fact is most 21 teams would struggle in anything above AA5 IMO.The fact there is confusion on what its there for is the reason for the gulf in the standard of teams. If a club has a potential 1st grade player between the age of 19-21 put him/ them in ressies.....and have our 18s as a 3rd grade.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami