• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Away @ Macarthur

true believer

I tend to agree. I think if he gets a goal or two that were totally him rather than the odd tap in then his confidence will improve. His record at NPL is impressive - just needs to find the next level. And you can't do that without adequate minutes.
he's hit a few strikes from the edge of the box that was on target ,but saved .
i believe he has a accurate strike . and goals will come

Tevor

Ruhs is in line to play more minutes this season than he did in either of his previous two with the cows. I feel he is getting frustrated as it will be tough to get a start with our current front third and he was trying so hard to score against the cows. Ayongo will find the same problem. Without injury it will be difficult and Ruhs is also probably behind Ayongo as well. He needs to be patient and improve every game, at the moment he isn’t really improving in my opinion, appears to have potential though.

Huddo

As long as they are a genuine attacking threat, that's all that matters, takes defensive pressure off our scorer, allow other routes of attack. Sterjovski did it for us in our title winning year, Didn't score much, but always looked dangerous, and that opened up mcbreen.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

People are quick to judge.

Only had one start... Two goals in 12 appearances and I'm sure knows he could have should have had another couple. Few dumb things, but otherwise works his guts out and has given no quarter.

Certainly better than most other 20 year old strikers we've had on our books.

I think he's going to prove a lot of people wrong. Can't wait.

Meerkat

People are quick to judge.

Only had one start... Two goals in 12 appearances and I'm sure knows he could have should have had another couple. Few dumb things, but otherwise works his guts out and has given no quarter.

Certainly better than most other 20 year old strikers we've had on our books.

I think he's going to prove a lot of people wrong. Can't wait.
Agree with this

Tevor

Ruhs in better shape now Ayongo may be leaving. Whilst Moresche will come back he will not be playing a full game for a while you would expect.

Tevor

Is there a new rumor or is it just speculation with 6 visa players?
Nevermind I saw the squad thread.
Will always be a rumour going around until a Visa player departs. Now is the time so then Moresche is clear to start playing when fully recovered.

Insertnamehere

. interesting that with all the discussion of Ruhs nobody has made a comparison to Simon ... for me he is the Matty Simon of our current squad - a 19 yo version

. it is difficult to compare the two @ similar age ... but i don't think Ruhs would fare too badly
Thing is the league has moved on from Simon type footballers

marinermick

Thing is the league has moved on from Simon type footballers

I would argue it is going the other way. A-League and world football are having success with teams that have players who are strong, fast, mobile and understand transition.

The success of players like Duke, Leckie, Goodwin, Behich and Irvine for the Socceroos and the Socceroos success in general also point to this.

Insertnamehere

I would argue it is going the other way. A-League and world football are having success with teams that have players who are strong, fast, mobile and understand transition.

The success of players like Duke, Leckie, Goodwin, Behich and Irvine for the Socceroos and the Socceroos success in general also point to this.
One factor you're missing is skill. Technical skill to handle a ball on transition.

As I keep saying, you can build an athlete. Its much harder to build a high skill footballer.

Last edited:

marinermick

One factor you're missing is skill. Technical skill to handle a ball on transition.

As I keep saying, you can build an athlete. Its much harder to build a high skill footballer.

Skill and technique have to be at a certain standard no doubt.

However I believe it is far easier to build skill and technique than to create an athlete. Most people just don’t have the fast twitch fibres to be a professional athlete. You cant create a fast player or a player that can run fifteen kilometres a game at high speed. Conditioning helps but if you dont have it you don’t have it.

The national Futsal comps are littered with skilful players not athletic enough to play outdoor football at a decent level.

My son has exceptional technique, better than most his age. However he is just slow. We tried to improve his running technique but it only marginally helped. He will never go beyond playing local As as a result. He will always be monstered by players with greater pace, intensity and mobility.

The game has moved more towards athleticism and away from a passing game in the last decade.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami