• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

JoyfulPenguin

Trent Sainsbury played a full game at home for 6th Al-Wakrah as they lost 1-2 to 4th Qatar SC in the Qatari Stars League (Qatar Tier 1).

The loss sees Trent's Al-Wakrah 4 points adrift of the AFC Champions League Playoff places.

Tom Rogic was not in the squad at home for 10th West Brom as they drew 1-1 with 8th Blackburn in the English Championship.

West Brom are 2 points off of the Promotion Playoff places.

Melange

Snippet from the Edinburgh News...

Hibs hopeful Lewis Miller can kick on after difficult start to Easter Road career
Lee Johnson believes Hibs fans are yet to see the best of Lewis Miller, admitting the Australian defender has endured a ‘more transitional year than we wanted’.

"He’s here and he’s in the squad but I think it’s ended up being a bit more of a transitional year for him than we would have wanted in terms of where we saw him,” Johnson told the Evening News in an exclusive interview. “It’s very difficult – and this is a lesson learned for all of us – to judge the weighting of the leagues.

In the A-League I was watching a player who is physically super-powerful on big pitches and can stretch games and he was excelling, but it’s taken him a bit of time to adapt to Scottish football. There’s been the injuries but it’s a higher tactical focus too and I think the tempo is higher. Lewis is a really strong, physical player but that technical and tactical element is the bit we have to develop.”

turbo

to judge the weighting of the leagues.
Lewis is a really strong, physical player but that technical and tactical element is the bit we have to develop.
No they didnt do enough homework. It was obvious he had some good attacking qualities but needed that bit more time to iron out a few issues in his game particularly off the ball if he was to step up. Another season with us and I am sure he would have had a far better move.

FFC Mariner

Snippet from the Edinburgh News...

Hibs hopeful Lewis Miller can kick on after difficult start to Easter Road career
Lee Johnson believes Hibs fans are yet to see the best of Lewis Miller, admitting the Australian defender has endured a ‘more transitional year than we wanted’.

"He’s here and he’s in the squad but I think it’s ended up being a bit more of a transitional year for him than we would have wanted in terms of where we saw him,” Johnson told the Evening News in an exclusive interview. “It’s very difficult – and this is a lesson learned for all of us – to judge the weighting of the leagues.

In the A-League I was watching a player who is physically super-powerful on big pitches and can stretch games and he was excelling, but it’s taken him a bit of time to adapt to Scottish football. There’s been the injuries but it’s a higher tactical focus too and I think the tempo is higher. Lewis is a really strong, physical player but that technical and tactical element is the bit we have to develop.”
You mean he can't defend? We already knew that

JoyfulPenguin

Maty Ryan played a full game as travelling 2nd AZ Alkmaar lost 1-2 to league leaders Feyenoord in the Eredivisie.

The loss means Maty's side fail to claim top spot from Feyenoord who now have a 5 point buffer at the top.

Lewis Miller came on (83') at home for 4th Hibernian as they defeated 10th Kilmarnock 2-0 in the Scottish Premiership.

Mark Birighitti started and was substituted (85') at home for last Dundee United as they lost 1-2 to 8th St Johnstone in the Scottish Premiership.

A horror mistake from Birra gifted St Johnstone a derby win and denies Dundee United a crucial point in their relegation battle.

Alou Kuol was not in the squad at home for 16th VfB Stuttgart as they defeated 11th Koln 3-0 in the Bundesliga.

The win sees Alou's side climb out of the relegation playoff place on goal difference.

No lineup information avaliable for Jordan Smylie as travelling Keflavik defeated Throttur Reykjavik 2-1 in the Icelandic League Cup.

FFC Mariner

Garang got 30 mins for Hearts in a 2-0 loss to Motherwell. Hearts were rubbish and don't know how to use Kuol at all. Team mates won't give him the ball or make runs for him on the rare occasion he has it. Get him out of there.
Its Scottish football - its a terrible league. The top 4 AL sides would be competitive in their top league - outside the big 2 its close to unwatchable

Big Al

Heard Patty Z is ditching Manly to join Sterj at the Bulls.

Imagine implementing a totally new playing style at a NPL club, have one point out of nine as a result of transition and then ditching the club to go elsewhere.
Watching the Davila All Access Sterj looks very quiet and easy to manipulate. Could try and push his way to the top there. Sterj didn’t really want the job either I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb