• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

Tevor

For as well as they have been playing, they still seem a little disjointed. Dunno if it is a game time thing, or if it's the managing, (never been a big fan of Vidmar) just feel they can do better.
They are looking better with every game and that first game against Qatar was very ordinary in comparison to the next two, in Vidmar's defence the squad was not all together at the start with players arriving late and that is not an ideal situation for any Manager.

However in saying that some of the selections in every game are puzzling. Last night when Tilio was injured even the commentator suggested Garang as the replacement however Vidmar puts Jelacic on who didn't really set the world on fire in his other games. Garang was player of the match in the 60mins he had and then struggles to get another run? Faz was immense and should have also had some game time in the second match along with Triantis, you can see the confidence in both after being part of a Championship winning team.

Tilio is not a 10 and struggled massively to have any impact on the game other than the free kick where Triantis almost opened the scoring. Haven't been overly impressed with the BHA player Peupion either and I think Francois is a better weapon on the wing, I guess they are both in front of Tilio for the wing spots. Also haven't seen much of this keeper but he looks pretty shaky at times and I guess Gauci being in China has opened up that opportunity.

Tevor

Come to Mariner
Alou running riot with the likes of Moresche, Tulio, Sammy and Beni around him would be great to see.

Swear he had two opportunities in his match and it must be frustrating being a striker under the curriculum structure with the lack of opportunities being provided, same as Arnie with the Roos.

turbo

Last night when Tilio was injured even the commentator suggested Garang as the replacement however Vidmar puts Jelacic on who didn't really set the world on fire in his other games.
Jelacic is more of a 10 and thats where he played for Glory so that doesn't seem too outlandish. I thought it sounded weird to begin with but didnt know he had tillio playing central. Arguable if Garang would have done good work there either.

Tevor

Jelacic is more of a 10 and thats where he played for Glory so that doesn't seem too outlandish. I thought it sounded weird to begin with but didnt know he had tillio playing central. Arguable if Garang would have done good work there either.
In the second match Garang was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch with his vision and technical ability and was stand out player of the match. He was playing pretty central and handled it very well. I know Glory were talking up Jelacic however pretty sure he played in the first game that was the worst of all them. I didn't watch many Glory games so don't have too much of an opinion on him.

We had to beat Mexico to be safe so why wouldn't you put on your best weapon. Garang ended up proving his worth in any event.

Tevor

Didnt get on at all according to the google stats & line up. D'Arrigo played that one. Jelacic started the Mediterranean game (game 2)
Yep fair enough, I've watched all three matches and hard to keep up with so many players in the squad. Must have been that game I didn't think he stood out too much.

turbo

Yep fair enough, I've watched all three matches and hard to keep up with so many players in the squad. Must have been that game I didn't think he stood out too much.
I havent watched them just some highlights so I can't comment on that aspect but I will suggest that AM or CM role is probably one of the toughest to play well in an unfamiliar team.

Tevor

I havent watched them just some highlights so I can't comment on that aspect but I will suggest that AM or CM role is probably one of the toughest to play well in an unfamiliar team.
Clearly some are not in their normal positions, Rawlins is listed as an RB and was playing CB and he was lucky he was between Triantis and Faz as he was very loose with his passing and put the defence under pressure on numerous occasions.

Haven't been all that convinced with Botic either as he pretty much butchered the assist from Faz and it was poor from the Keeper not keeping hold of it more than good placement and in the first game her also butchered a free header right in front of goals.

Niewenhof has been good as well as D'Arrigo so if you are playing as CM in front of these two DM's then there are less excuses IMO.

Big Al

Alou has missed two tap ins from Garang assists the opposite wing has smashed home in 2 games.

Is that his desperation to not get picked up by other teams to make sure he comes home or is he totally out of sink from not playing

Allreet?

He looked pretty glum when Francois scored yesterday. Clearly knew he'd screwed up - twice.

But he did at least lose his marker at exactly the right moment and if he hadn't got that little touch the ball may not have fallen so well for Francois.

Huddo

One of CCM's promising youths, Max Middleby (son of Robbie) scored a cracker of a winner vs Norway, to win 2-1.

Couldn't find the shorts, but the game is here

His goal is around the 1:33.00 mark.

Michael

One of CCM's promising youths, Max Middleby (son of Robbie) scored a cracker of a winner vs Norway, to win 2-1.

Couldn't find the shorts, but the game is here

His goal is around the 1:33.00 mark.

Tidy finish from max, bright future for him hopefully

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred