• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fan Demography

Huddo

Suburb: Koolewong

Football club: the Woy, and Umina along time ago, might strap on the boots for 35's.

Prematch drinks: anywhere.

Usual spot in stadium: dunno I have like 4 spots I don't mind, it's all weather and time dependent .

Favourite ever Mariner: Mcbreen

Favourite current Mariners: I honestly dunno, Smith.

Most hated opponent: Southern Central Coast FC, I expect raids at the end of this year on our stock.

Self assessed good bloke rating: Away from the game I'd give myself an 8, if your near me at a game the assessment would be around the 1-2, I'm an opinionated belligerent Cnut.

Allreet?

Suburb: Thornleigh

Football club: Artarmon RUFC, Hornsby RUFC, Normanhurst Eagles (Committee), All in the distant past.

Prematch drinks: Glass of wine at my seat.

Usual spot in stadium: Prawn sandwich seats.

Favourite ever Mariner: Stewart Petrie

Favourite current Mariners: Nizzy, Benni, Matt Hatch.

Most hated opponent: Jest

Self assessed good bloke rating: Grumpy old bastard.
I played for both Normo and Thornleigh

Ozhammer

Suburb: Terrigal

Football club: Barnstoneworth O45Cs

Prematch drinks: Western Concourse and in my seat

Usual spot in the stadium: Bay 6

Favourite ever Mariner: Monty (I am so stoked that he is now finally our coach), although many others have impressed me down the years

Favourite current Mariners (max three): Birra; Kye; Nizzy

Most hated opponent: Jest all the way, especially now when they have no owner and yet can still seemingly spend more on their squad than we can.

Self assessed good bloke rating out of ten: Best ask the wife that one, as I always get it wrong apparently….. ;)

WebZ

Suburb: Mudgee

Football club: Was Wyoming Tigers when I lived on the coast. Don't play in Mudgee, considered playing for Mudgee/Gulgong Wolves.

Prematch drinks: Central Coast Leagues when at home game, (maybe Gosford Hotel) or my mates house at Morisset as he lives opposite Train Station, any game that comes to Mudgee: The Federal, then Kellys, The Ori and Lawson Park if there is enough time.

Usual spot in the stadium: Def Bay 16

Favourite ever Mariner: Petrovski, Matt Ryan, Jedi

Favourite current Mariners (max three): Hatch and Urena

Most hated opponent: Jets for sure, then DEF Melbourne Victory

Self assessed good bloke rating out of ten: 6-7

Last edited:

Iain Shand

Suburb: Chittaway Point

Football club: Was Berkeley Vale AA8's, taking a year out as I got a bit too angry last year....

Prematch drinks: Wait, I get to drink on game day?

Usual spot in the stadium: Bay 36/16 if i ever sit down

Favourite ever Mariner: Considering I've only known the club since 18-19 season, would be Marco.

Favourite current Mariners (max three): Marco, Ruon, Jason

Most hated opponent: From work standpoint - Macarthur, Fan stand point - Adelaide. Scottish bloke stand point - Celtic.

Self assessed good bloke rating out of ten: I'm going to say 8. But who the F knows.

Insertnamehere

Suburb: Chittaway Point

Football club: Was Berkeley Vale AA8's, taking a year out as I got a bit too angry last year....

Prematch drinks: Wait, I get to drink on game day?

Usual spot in the stadium: Bay 36/16 if i ever sit down

Favourite ever Mariner: Considering I've only known the club since 18-19 season, would be Marco.

Favourite current Mariners (max three): Marco, Ruon, Jason

Most hated opponent: From work standpoint - Macarthur, Fan stand point - Adelaide. Scottish bloke stand point - Celtic.

Self assessed good bloke rating out of ten: I'm going to say 8. But who the F knows.
Now Iain, is that year a voluntary sit or a mandated sit? ?

bikinigirl

Suburb: the Bays

Football club: Used to watch the boy play for Revesby Milperra Lions last century, never played myself.

Prematch drinks: Increasing as a coping mechanism.

Usual spot in the stadium: Bay 38 having moved to the dark side a few seasons ago to avoid 3pm sun.

Favourite ever Mariner: I don't like to play favourites but would probably say Maty Ryan (we shared a moment) could also consider Wilko (if that is allowed) and Sains.

Favourite current Mariners (max three): Niz-Monster.

Most hated opponent: Referees ... no argument, no competition.

Self assessed good bloke rating out of ten: n/a

style_cafe

Suburb: Wamberal

Football club: I played fro Green Valley Utd. Retired injured.Chairman of Macarthur Rams 1998-2002

Prematch drinks: Leagues club

Usual spot in the stadium: Bay 24

Favourite ever Mariner: Patty

Favourite current Mariners (max three): Nizzy,Miller,Rowles

Most hated opponent: Adelaide

Self assessed good bloke rating out of ten: I`d be lying if I didn`t say 10 ... :popcorn:

Allreet?

100% Voluntary. There is a little prick at East Gosford and I was getting to the stage going onto the pitch knowing I was taking him out at some stage.

Took 10 seconds in the last game between us...
I've played O35s and then O45s for years on the Coast and the point I've made constantly is just about every team plays in the right spirit - most games we wouldn't even need a ref. Mind you, there are a couple of refs quite capable of turning a friendly encounter into a bloodbath with their appalling ineptitude.

And just about every bloke I've played against I'd be happy to have a beer with afterwards, but you do strike the occasional dickhead. There's an arsehole at Kanwal to whom I'd not give the steam off my piss, and a bloke at Ourimbah who... well, lucky for him I'm not in the mafia.

WebZ

I've played O35s and then O45s for years on the Coast and the point I've made constantly is just about every team plays in the right spirit - most games we wouldn't even need a ref. Mind you, there are a couple of refs quite capable of turning a friendly encounter into a bloodbath with their appalling ineptitude.

And just about every bloke I've played against I'd be happy to have a beer with afterwards, but you do strike the occasional dickhead. There's an arsehole at Kanwal to whom I'd not give the steam off my piss, and a bloke at Ourimbah who... well, lucky for him I'm not in the mafia.
Your not wrong about Kanwal, in 2011 I was playing for Wyoming, guy from Kanwal took me out, no attempt for the ball just took me out while I was running at full steam from the legs. Hit the deck wrists first, smashed the radius bone in 10 pieces and there is now a metal plate and 7 screws holding my wrist together for the rest of my life. I made sure the boys made him bleed though in the games following. I haven't played since, my beer gut will attest to that. I also had another mate who has metal plates in his legs and started to cough up blood after he was taken out by the same team the season before, I heard they were buying cartons of piss for whoever could hospitalise someone per game. I also work with someone here at Mudgee Council who used to be a coastie, he said when he was young Kanwal were no better.

Allreet?

I wouldn't disparage the whole club, there's just one bloke at Kanwal who is an absolute cheat and manages to combine arrogance with it. A few years back, we had to beat them in the last game to make the semis. It was nil-nil with minutes to go and Player X tries to get round me at right back. I showed him the line and forced him wide and he pushed the ball too far. It went over the goal line by at least a metre - it was so far over the line that everyone just stopped.

Except Player X. He cut the ball back - and still no-one was trying to get to the ball - it was obviously a goalkick. But one of their guys whacks it into the net, and Larry blows a goal from halfway. (For those who know Larry.)

We erupt in outrage, but phew - the linesman has his flag raised. Larry waddles over to the linesman and a conversation ensues, then 30 seconds later he confirms a goal has been scored. Player X is laughing his head off as we complain, and the linesman flings his flag down in disgust and leaves the pitch.

The game ends two minutes later and we hear shouting from the referees' room - turns out the linesman was the head of the ref's association and was not best pleased.

Shortly after, as we're hoiking into the (end of season) beers, a very woebegone Larry approaches. "Sorry boys," he said. "I feel like shit after that."

He then bludged a beer off us and started chatting. Then someone asked him did he have a match the next day and he said: "Dunno, they haven't told us yet."

And one of our guys said: "Why? Is it merit based?"

We were all rolling about with laughter but I still feel my teeth gritting, remembering Player X. It wasn't a one-off with him either.

Allreet?

That's him.

Another time (also against Kanwal, as it happens) we had a bloke knocked over in the box - absolute stone waller.

Larry blew his whistle and walked purposefully towards the box, but when he got there, he took a left hander - walked off the pitch - walked up and down muttering to himself for god knows how long.

Both teams are watching him bemused, and the Kanwal boys started to hope it might not be given.

After (I kid you not) a good two minutes of this behaviour he suddenly explodes into action and points dramatically at the spot.

It was 100% the right decision but 100% the wrong way to give it. It was as though he'd invented his own personal VAR about 6 years early.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami