• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club PT 2

Ads

The Olly thing isn’t being published or talked about because it is a matter between coach and a player that need to be worked through delicately.

The club or Monty isn’t going to go public and say Olli was being a wanker or unreasonable about football or negotiation, etc.

And the club isn’t also going to state that they are casting him aside due to poor performance, a massive disagreement etc.

All you will ever get is what any club would put into the press:

“The club and Olly have come to a mutual agreement about playing future at the club due to personal or professional circumstances”

Guess what this isn’t going to answer any of the detailed answers everyone is wanting is it?

Best to stop harping on about it so the boys can focus as best as possible as we have possibly the best run home of any team.

priorpeter

The Olly thing isn’t being published or talked about because it is a matter between coach and a player that need to be worked through delicately.

The club or Monty isn’t going to go public and say Olli was being a wanker or unreasonable about football or negotiation, etc.

And the club isn’t also going to state that they are casting him aside due to poor performance, a massive disagreement etc.

All you will ever get is what any club would put into the press:

“The club and Olly have come to a mutual agreement about playing future at the club due to personal or professional circumstances”

Guess what this isn’t going to answer any of the detailed answers everyone is wanting is it?

Best to stop harping on about it so the boys can focus as best as possible as we have possibly the best run home of any team.
Careful, you’re speaking too much sense!

marinermick

Really?? On form, who was our best available squad tonight?

Big games like tonight and the run in the finals you need leadership. That was seriously lacking tonight.

Ollie would have not let the centre of midfield go to water and ship three goals in six minutes that came down the middle.

Ollie would not have let the centre of midfield be bossed and intimated tonight.

In big games the big players stand up, even if out of form. Wilko and Le Fondre did that for Sydney despite being average the last couple of months.. Tonight was must win for Sydney. Who did that for us?

As much as the kids are exciting and we love to watch them play, in the games that matter we can’t rely on them in high pressure situations.

crock

100 percent ollie would have helped us lets be honest ollie is the reason we are not still laughing stock of the comp he made this side competitive again we can't just be relying on our academy guys we need p l ayers like ollie

priorpeter

Big games like tonight and the run in the finals you need leadership. That was seriously lacking tonight.

Ollie would have not let the centre of midfield go to water and ship three goals in six minutes that came down the middle.

Ollie would not have let the centre of midfield be bossed and intimated tonight.

In big games the big players stand up, even if out of form. Wilko and Le Fondre did that for Sydney despite being average the last couple of months.. Tonight was must win for Sydney. Who did that for us?

As much as the kids are exciting and we love to watch them play, in the games that matter we can’t rely on them in high pressure situations.
Without the benefit of hindsight, based on the form of the last few weeks, would you have changed a winning line up?

Ollie’s form (and reportedly attitude) was poor prior to the good run we’ve been on, and his being dropped from the side seemingly shifted towards an uptick in results for us. Would we have shipped those 3 goals with him on the pitch? Perhaps, perhaps not - though if we’re talking about experience, those 3 goals came from turnovers from our most experienced player on the pitch (more experienced than Boz) (correct me if I’m wrong but I’m running off my extremely pissed off hazy memory (thanks makers mark) without the benefit of replay (thanks paramount)).

Ads

I’m with Mr Prior.

The goals came from our 2 Centre Backs having no wide options, and the other team tactically knowing that as soon as our CB play the ball into the middle to be so far up their arse that they have a 50/50 chance of the ball bobbling away from feet.

Despite this Nizzy and Ballard were still extremely good.

Olli may have been handy in this l game in particular to hold the play and slow the flow of goals but we still would have lost I believe.

marinermick

Despite this Nizzy and Ballard were still extremely good.

“Extremely good”? I wish I had you as a teacher at school

The goals came from our 2 Centre Backs having no wide options, and the other team tactically knowing that as soon as our CB play the ball into the middle to be so far up their arse that they have a 50/50 chance of the ball bobbling away

The middle goals came from us losing the ball in the middle of the park and leaving a gaping hole for midfielders to run through rampant. Blaming the CBs, who also were also poor, is simplistic and unfair.

marinermick

If we won, this discussion doesn't happen.
Our centre midfield got monstered. Ollie would have made no difference

And if I was thirty kilos lighter I probably wouldn’t have this knee injury at the moment.

It did happen and I disagree that proper leadership in the middle of the park would not have prevented three goals in six minutes.

In saying this there was a severe lack of leadership and ownership from our other senior players on the park. Maybe if they stepped up we would have not needed Ollie.

Ancient Mariner

Any midfield will get opened after dumb turnovers, with the whole team playing high, and only two at the back.
Sydney took advantage of our attacking positioning and pounced on any mistake, of which there were too many.
Unlike other teams recently SFC were not drawn out and opened up. They kept a strong defence behind the ball and killed us with quick accurate passing and caught us out of position.
Experience told.

Ads

Read mine again.

Didn’t blame the CB’s.

I said that they only have a choice of playing the ball into a Central midfield which is highly man marked or lobbing/long ball because the wide backs can’t receive a simple pass because they are too high too early.

This is a structure and tactical issue and is on Monty.

I’m not against Monty but is something that is so simple that would take pressure of CB, Midfield and is how you move the ball forward as a team. It’s basic under 12’s creating triangles.

“Extremely good”? I wish I had you as a teacher at school

The middle goals came from us losing the ball in the middle of the park and leaving a gaping hole for midfielders to run through rampant. Blaming the CBs, who also were also poor, is simplistic and unfair.

booney

Last night was a learning experience for Monty and the team ( and for many of us on this forum).Sydney for all their lack of form this year are a very experienced and skilful team and in Le Fondre have a super predator.They were aggressive in confronting our CMs resulting in turnovers and poured through onto Rowles and Hall and combined well.They also had the luxury of bench players-Amini,Bobo,Barbarousses and Narsingh( we would love to have one of those on our bench)-who continued their midfield and attacking dominance.

Ollie may have been able to stem the tide partly but not enough to stop them winning.I wonder whether he and Monty have had some disagreements on tactics but we won't really know.It is a pity if his career with the Mariners finishes on a sour note.

Ironbark

On Ollie.

On one hand sharing with members something of what is going on could hurt the club, the player and therefore the fans if it is a falling out etc.

On the other hand it already is as rumours can be even more insidious than the truth and maybe the truth is something that settles the dust somewhat.

Whether the club should share or not depends on what is going on, and unfortunately for us only they can know which side of the ledger it falls on.

Should we discuss it on here or leave it alone?
I don't think the players or coaches hang on the every word on a fan forum - I know most never visit - and this is specifically our place to question, learn, vent, query, speculate and ponder.

So I do think it's ok to continue discussing it as long as people are not just making up damaging nonsense for the sake of drama. I don't believe I've seen that yet and discussions have been pretty rationale as to what might be happening, so I'm good with continuing to talk about it for now.

Maybe forumites just need to be clear if suggesting something too negative whether their info or thoughts are just ideas trying to connect dots or based on something with more weight to reduce the risk of something becoming common belief based on no evidence

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Mrs Recky just suggested that maybe Kye , due to family circumstances, shouldn’t play pink round, that’s two in a row his been busted

Ironbark

The above said, it's clear that whatever is going on is being carefully contained but as it is a public event and visible to all that Ollie is not even making the bench there is a limit to how private it can stay.

Below I will summarise the ideas suggested so far - none with ANY actual evidence to support them it needs to be noted. These are not actual reasons, just possible categories as suggested on here amongst posters so far.

These seem to fall under -

* injury / illness. Early niggles, gastro, burn out and needing a rest suggested within this category. Apparently back to full training though, again not sure if confirmed.

* form on the field - though this does seem a disproportionate reaction as there would be players that should miss the rest of the season based on this strategy.

* contract issues, potentially on either side.
-maybe about number of games played
-maybe about future negotiations
-signed with another team? (if so rumours suggest is hasn't stopped Miller from playing, probably unlikely)

* relationship issues, potentially a falling out between player and coaches or player and players

* vaccination status. Played in Perth so seems very unlikely.

* other personal affairs.
A delicate one. When there were Ruon rumours of a personal nature floating around it did impact him and I think this is one of those areas where it was very much the right thing not to spread it until otherwise public knowledge and details confirmed.

Any other major categories I've missed?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred