• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottmac

Suspended
Not sure where to put this, but just saw that there is an immediate increase to the salary cap floor due to the new CBA released by the APL. Should have implications for our squad. There will also be continued incremental increases over the next 3 yrs so that the floor reaches 2.6m

turbo

@Shaun Mielekamp - Can you shed any light on the APL logic of running simultaneous Saturday night games? I watch as much A league as I can and this move is hard to get my head around. I would have thought a Thursday night or Monday night game (shared around fairly of course) would have been preferable from a broadcasting perspective. Or juggling of Nix and Perth games to provide more triple headers or Friday night double headers.

I can see how this would make sense moving to 14 teams but I find it disappointing that I'm essentially being pushed towards watching less content.

Corsair

@Shaun Mielekamp - Can you shed any light on the APL logic of running simultaneous Saturday night games? I watch as much A league as I can and this move is hard to get my head around. I would have thought a Thursday night or Monday night game (shared around fairly of course) would have been preferable from a broadcasting perspective. Or juggling of Nix and Perth games to provide more triple headers or Friday night double headers.

I can see how this would make sense moving to 14 teams but I find it disappointing that I'm essentially being pushed towards watching less content.
With more palatable game times for more of each team's home matches the thinking is probably that we'll get more fans attending matches for more of the games, which means more money for the clubs instead of people watching on TV.

There are some fans that only watch their own team's games and will go to the match if the times are suitable rather than watch on TV. It'll be interesting to see if the total attending matches increases as a result.

turbo

With more palatable game times for more of each team's home matches the thinking is probably that we'll get more fans attending matches for more of the games, which means more money for the clubs instead of people watching on TV.

There are some fans that only watch their own team's games and will go to the match if the times are suitable rather than watch on TV. It'll be interesting to see if the total attending matches increases as a result.
It's an interesting angle, not sure we'll see a lot more prime time CCM games but it certainly gives more chance for a Saturday night home game. I think we only had around 3 last year in the regular season. I fully appreciate my reasons are selfish and I may not represent the broader audience.

turbo

It's not hard to avoid seeing a score, especially if you watch one water the other
They will be doing live crosses as far as I understand. We're also assuming Paramount has the capability to do that from day 1. It should but we'll see.

Corsair

It's an interesting angle, not sure we'll see a lot more prime time CCM games but it certainly gives more chance for a Saturday night home game. I think we only had around 3 last year in the regular season. I fully appreciate my reasons are selfish and I may not represent the broader audience.
I like 5pm Saturday games, time to have a few beers in the pub before the game and home early enough to not get in too much trouble!
They will be doing live crosses as far as I understand. We're also assuming Paramount has the capability to do that from day 1. It should but we'll see.
oh, spoilers, that's annoying.

midfielder

Shaun

Discobike posted this on the 2021 / 22 season... I feel you should comment as its becoming talk all over various forums...

Last paragraph of an article about player vaccinations
‘Meanwhile, Central Coast Mariners are without a home ground for the start of the season with the club yet to reach a tenancy agreement with Central Coast Council for use of the stadium in Gosford. Senior A-League sources suggest the APL is negotiating with the council on behalf of the Mariners, though the club is entertaining the prospect of playing their first home games in other regions, potentially in Sydney and Wollongong.

scottmac

Suspended
Shaun

Discobike posted this on the 2021 / 22 season... I feel you should comment as its becoming talk all over various forums...

Last paragraph of an article about player vaccinations
‘Meanwhile, Central Coast Mariners are without a home ground for the start of the season with the club yet to reach a tenancy agreement with Central Coast Council for use of the stadium in Gosford. Senior A-League sources suggest the APL is negotiating with the council on behalf of the Mariners, though the club is entertaining the prospect of playing their first home games in other regions, potentially in Sydney and Wollongong.
I think we all need to take a few steps back on this one and let the club do what they need to do. The club has made comment and also stated that that is all that will be said on the matter. It's quite clear that our first preference is to play at our home ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami