• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinklady

My bad Mick, I thought it was the Council CEO stepping down.
I remember Darren Sprod from his playing days with Central Coast.
Decent player and decent guy .
I did 4 years as Chairman of Macarthur so I know what you mean there mate!
I`m still burnt out by it & that was nearly 20 years ago ...:popcorn:
Must have really affected your memory as well style. Darren never played for Central Coast - it was his brother Glenn Sprod who played one season for the Coasties in between a few spells at Newcastle Breakers, as well as Parramatta and a few other clubs including Exeter City. Darren was a State League and local Premier League referee. And when Darren stands down there won't be any voting for his replacement . Darren's position as CEO is a paid full time position not an elected one.

booney

Must have really affected your memory as well style. Darren never played for Central Coast - it was his brother Glenn Sprod who played one season for the Coasties in between a few spells at Newcastle Breakers, as well as Parramatta and a few other clubs including Exeter City. Darren was a State League and local Premier League referee. And when Darren stands down there won't be any voting for his replacement . Darren's position as CEO is a paid full time position not an elected one.
Glenn was a better than average player.He did an apprenticeship with Exeter City in the UK but the British Home Office would not let Exeter sign him to full professional status as he had not played enough national team ( age group)games for Australia.As you said he played for Breakers and Parramatta in the NSL.

style_cafe

I stand corrected Pinklady.
It was about 20 years ago and Sprod isn`t a common surname.but i do recall he played for the Breakers the season before.
Thanks for that :popcorn: ...

style_cafe

Thanks for the concern mate. I'm ok, just been busy with other things, particularly the better half been spending time in and out of hospital. It's very touching to know others are concerned about my well-being. Thank you.
Hey MM,good to hear your ok mate, us old blokes have to look after each other.
I actually missed your contributions here and wondered what had happened to you.

I lost touch with a former contributor here a few years ago (ROY LAW) and often wonder what happened to him as he was very knowledgeable and a really decent bloke ... :popcorn:

Last edited:

Big Al

Hey Shaun, what’s with us being snubbed in the new ad 10 put out today? Couldn’t even slip in Matty with the shakkas or a bit of Marvin action. The disrespect!
Few teams got like half a second (nix Au)
And Victory about 6 or 7 shots. Can see why they signed Archie. MV TV.
Matildas got a few shots as well

Another balls up

Last edited:

Avoca

Hey Shaun, what’s with us being snubbed in the new ad 10 put out today? Couldn’t even slip in Matty with the shakkas or a bit of Marvin action. The disrespect!
I’m assuming it’s the “I just can’t get enough” 10 Play advertisement? I couldn’t see even one CCM reference. Not one. As for Western United, good gravy, they are completely plastered across the screen in multiple shots. What’s going on?

turbo

I’m assuming it’s the “I just can’t get enough” 10 Play advertisement? I couldn’t see even one CCM reference. Not one. As for Western United, good gravy, they are completely plastered across the screen in multiple shots. What’s going on?
Yep that’s the one. To not have a fleeting presence when everyone else did would have almost had to be intentional. I’m sure it’s no accident they went out of their way to show Canberra in the W league but we don’t warrant half a second? Just rude really.

Avoca

Yep that’s the one. To not have a fleeting presence when everyone else did would have almost had to be intentional. I’m sure it’s no accident they went out of their way to show Canberra in the W league but we don’t warrant half a second? Just rude really.
At first I was kind of sad, but that’s starting to turn into concern & anger. I’ve now watched the promo a few times, & the most shocking thing is this: there’s a few scenes at a pub, which features WU “fans” cheering. Well, they are paid extras. Come up to Gosford & film the Mariner’s faithful after a game having a drink! At least CCM supporters are the real deal. A shambolic 10 Play ad.

turbo

I suspect they’re all paid actors and it was filmed over this off season. The bridge the WU supporters hang the banner from is in Brisbane. Makes sense from a COVID perspective so no issue there IMO but I’m dirty they couldn’t give us at least as much as some of the other less featured teams. Like yeah we aren’t Sydney but we still exist unless I missed the memo.

Avoca

I suspect they’re all paid actors and it was filmed over this off season. The bridge the WU supporters hang the banner from is in Brisbane. Makes sense from a COVID perspective so no issue there IMO but I’m dirty they couldn’t give us at least as much as some of the other less featured teams. Like yeah we aren’t Sydney but we still exist unless I missed the memo.
I agree, I’m a bit perplexed too. Well, we’ve always been a community team punching above our weight, so we’ve gotta keep our chins up & keep fighting for the Coast. Maybe if we’re lucky, 10 Play will re-edit the promo, & splice in the Wizard of Woy Woy!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I'm genuinely pissed off. It's a good ad, nice to see there's actually an ad. I am genuinely bothered though.

But kinda tells me nothing has changed. Same old f**king bullshit for us, isn't it? Even the new league hates us.

And it's not done by accident - even if it wasn't deliberate, at SOME point somebody would have gone through and though 'hey, I wonder if we've got anybody', and the response was either 'f**k 'em' or 'who cares?'.

Back to Season 1, folks:

:fireup::fireup:NOBODY RATES US, AND WE DON'T CARE:fireup::fireup:

In all seriousness, to be the only team snubbed (did Macarthur Compass Points get in?) is pretty appalling. We're normally underrepresented in ad campaigns - and there have been times when the only footage in such campaigns is of us conceding goals, but I don't think we've been treated quite this badly before.

Not even Marvin - probably the league's favourite and most recognisable mascot (due to some sensational work with him last season)?

Personally, I'm going to be submitting a complaint. Maybe a few of us should - let them know that their bullshit has been noticed. The season hasn't even started and I feel let down....actually, no, I'm also used to that :p

@Shaun Mielekamp out of interest, does the club feed back to the league with a 'what the hell?' to try and get some equitable treatment?

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I had to squint my eyes to see our crest on the electronic billboard.
Honestly....that it was City away, they're happy and we scored zero. I mean, that's just City away in a nutshell, isn't it?. I feel triggered. I'm calling my therapist.

I'm sure I was there wishing I wasn't (Seems to be the only fixture I'm ever able to attend, because who wants happiness in their life anyway?)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

yeah but WU fans are paid actors in the on-season too :D

(ehh, low-hanging fruit).

I did have a chuckle over the bridge. I mean, I don't care...but if you want to do a flag over a bridge, and you're in Qld.....then why not just make it a Brisbane flag? Oh well. WU seem to be Paramount's darlings judging from this. Maybe the producer has an affinity for cow paddocks and industrial estates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami