• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottmac

Suspended
No it isn't. You get the kit and there is no record of where it was bought, whether it was used or what the positivity rate is.

In the UK they each have an individual QR code so you use it and scan it to the NHS. They have been posted the kit to you, you have used it and have recorded it - positive or negative. The mass of data can be used to target health services where they are needed most as hospitalisations follow after a lag infections.

In football you take stats - not for posterity - but to understand performance and make adjustments. Same principle should apply here.
Fairly sure our kits also come with qr code. The one I have does.

Ironbark

At least we know the length of time our government is willing to protect the vulnerable in our society. 2 years, capped.

pjennings

Fairly sure our kits also come with qr code. The one I have does.
If so then surely they should be using it. Otherwise there is no point in testing. You already know you feel sick.. If you aren't capturing and using the data then what is the point of the test. If you get sick you will turn up in hospital in a few days anyway. What has the test done except tell you (and none else) that you have covid.

scottmac

Suspended
If so then surely they should be using it. Otherwise there is no point in testing. You already know you feel sick.. If you aren't capturing and using the data then what is the point of the test. If you get sick you will turn up in hospital in a few days anyway. What has the test done except tell you (and none else) that you have covid.
Just checked it, it's a qr code for instructions on how to use it

Coastalraider

No it isn't. You get the kit and there is no record of where it was bought, whether it was used or what the positivity rate is.

In the UK they each have an individual QR code so you use it and scan it to the NHS. They have been posted the kit to you, you have used it and have recorded it - positive or negative. The mass of data can be used to target health services where they are needed most as hospitalisations follow after a lag infections.

In football you take stats - not for posterity - but to understand performance and make adjustments. Same principle should apply here.

You’ve misunderstood me, apologies I should have been more specific. I meant we already have incredibly unreliable data, so changing to a new system isn’t ruining a good example, it’s making a pretty poor one a little bit worse. We are already missing a huge number of positive cases every day, due to lack of available PCR tests, lack or RATs or due to the fact such a huge volume of people have no idea they are carrying. Removing the need for PCR tests will definitely mess with the data, but the ‘total case numbers’ hasn’t been accurate since omicron arrived, so it’s an almost irrelevant statistic already.

Its like using speeding fines to measure how many people are speeding on the roads - it’s only counting people who get caught.

Corsair

With todays announcement that if you test positive to a RAT you don’t need a PCR test our already bad data is going to become complete garbage.
It's gone, you're on your own. Forget testing and rock up at the hospital or call an ambo if you're genuinely at deaths door, otherwise just suck it up. There are thousands and thousands of cases that are not being counted, no point counting now, just get on with it. Get a RAT if you can find one and isolate if you're positive.

LG__

Hey Shaun,

The tour packages say they come with a category b / corporate ticket,
Would it not be better to have all the travelling fans in the away bay together?

Cheers

Iain Shand

Hey mate,
We have put in Category B tickets for the main supporter packages whilst the VIP packages have the corporate ticket attached. This is a limited offer catered more to our sponsors who sit in the corporate suites at CCS. However we opened it up for this game for any members who wanted to experience something different with it being a special occasion. Majority are choosing the category B tickets, as expected, therefore majority of our fans will be sitting together in the away bays.

Big Al

Hi Shaun, any word from the Club on last nights debacle. Assume we are looking for an explanation.
Shaun’s Twitter was saying that he had already spoken to Greg O Rouke and Danny Townsend before the match had even finished to vent his frustrations.

Danny Townsend was answering a lot of questions pretty well but basically it will be there was a mistake with the process and human judgement and suck it up

Corsair

Hi Shaun, any word from the Club on last nights debacle. Assume we are looking for an explanation.
As if the league give a shit about the Mariners, they'll just say it was a mistake, tough titty and they'll keep doing it. We'll never get fair treatment, may as well hang up the boots and shut the doors.

Aaron

Hi all, I have made some noise on Facebook about making a banner, for the next home game, to protest the standard of refereeing in the A-Leagues. I have decided to at least make something even if it is just me standing there with a sign looking like an idiot... ideally however if a few others get on board, I will buy some fabric and spray paint write a short message like "Professional sports need professional referees" just as an example. I will pay for materials needed, just looking for ideas, some hands for the game and even someone who is has more skills than me with a spray can.

Sorry if on wrong thread I am new to this page but loving the passion.

Rising Sun

Hi all, I have made some noise on Facebook about making a banner, for the next home game, to protest the standard of refereeing in the A-Leagues. I have decided to at least make something even if it is just me standing there with a sign looking like an idiot... ideally however if a few others get on board, I will buy some fabric and spray paint write a short message like "Professional sports need professional referees" just as an example. I will pay for materials needed, just looking for ideas, some hands for the game and even someone who is has more skills than me with a spray can.

Sorry if on wrong thread I am new to this page but loving the passion.
If we are going to do a sign then it probably more needs to focus on the fact that we are always the victim of the really outrageous howlers that causes both the media and social media to meltdown (the 2 reds against WSW, Adelaide last year and yesterday) and never the embarrassed recipient.

My suggestion, a nice simple banner channelling Mario Balotelli - "Why Always Us"

Aaron

If we are going to do a sign then it probably more needs to focus on the fact that we are always the victim of the really outrageous howlers that causes both the media and social media to meltdown (the 2 reds against WSW, Adelaide last year and yesterday) and never the embarrassed recipient.

My suggestion, a nice simple banner channelling Mario Balotelli - "Why Always Us"
Love this idea! Great point and classic phrase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member