• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Snowtown FC elimination final leg 1

Tevor

For all those referee/APL/Football Australia conspiracists out there, do you think this is the one game they would want the Mariners to win?
I’m one of the tin foil hat brigade, the officiating in the finals has been well above the standard season. That I have been happy to see and I hope it continues and includes the GF. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind us making it as we could bring 15k of fans to Sydney and we are a Cinderella story.

Ozhammer

:goodpost: This, you absolutely know that DGB is hanging for us to make the GF given the numbers of fans that would buy tickets for the game compared to those that would be prepared to travel up from Snowtown.

He must be sweating bullets about SFC being our dance partner and I would honestly prefer $ity in the big dance, as that would give us crowd domination at Commbank.

Gotta get the job done on Saturday night first though. ??

Jerem

:goodpost: This, you absolutely know that DGB is hanging for us to make the GF given the numbers of fans that would buy tickets for the game compared to those that would be prepared to travel up from Snowtown.

He must be sweating bullets about SFC being our dance partner and I would honestly prefer $ity in the big dance, as that would give us crowd domination at Commbank.

Love city to thrash the pants off them

Forum Phoenix

No, but scores are aggregated.

We beat them 2-1 already.

If they beat us 2-0, then they win 3-1. If they beat us 3-1, then they win 4-3, etc.

We draw or win, we're in the GF.
They win by 1 goal, no matter the actual scoreline, then it's extra time then pens.
They win by 2 goals, no matter the actual scoreline, they're in the GF.

Oh right, thanks, yeah I understand how aggregate works. But misunderstood somewhere when reading that it also wasn’t being used. Which I thoughts was weird. But APL etc

Coastalraider

I’ve started re-watching ‘the code’ with my 9 year old. I’ve tried to explain it’s been 10 years since we were a genuine threat, and it could be 10 more before it happens again. That’s the life of a low budget team.
He is so excited about Saturday, come what may.

Now let’s smoke these pretenders and book a spot in the big dance!!!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I’ve started re-watching ‘the code’ with my 9 year old. I’ve tried to explain it’s been 10 years since we were a genuine threat, and it could be 10 more before it happens again. That’s the life of a low budget team.
He is so excited about Saturday, come what may.

Now let’s smoke these pretenders and book a spot in the big dance!!!
Is the code streaming? I never actually watched it...

Wombat

I think what worries me now though is that they have nothing to lose. Well a GF spot.. derr.. but nobody expects them to win this game, they are underdogs and most of their own fans have given up on them. They can just go out there and smash it. (I still think they are shit and it’s unlikely but you never know.)

Conversely, we have everything to play for, full expectation that we win, in front of a bumper home crowd who shall not take lightly to the sound (or silence) of shattering dreams.

*sits and rocks in a corner* ?
I have spoken to the coach and a few of the first team players this week.

Meerkat, dont rock. They are sooooo focused. They are confident...but not nievely.

This is a very well coached and very well drilled set of players.

Personally I fear City (if the stooges cant cheat them out of a final) but these guys dont.

As my friend texted me on Monday......" We own these Adelaide bitches"..........i laughed but he is not wrong.

COYY

Wombat

For all those referee/APL/Football Australia conspiracists out there, do you think this is the one game they would want the Mariners to win?
Yes.

I actually expect it to reffed like a normal game or maybe some special FFA stooge factor in OUR favour. For that reason and the fact we are the better side......bring on whoever the FA decide the they would like us to face in the final.

Wombat

Is the code streaming? I never actually watched it...
I sent my copy to a fan in Africa. If my brain worked i would have burnt a copy. Its a great video. I played Football (at training only....not being a dick but i was in a different team) with one of the fans featured. He was a lovely guy but a very average Footballer.
I always thought the quality of the DVD was very high.....before we went into budget mode on everything

Meerkat

I didn’t want to say it but THIS is why I can’t believe people have bought GF tickets already?! Have they no idea how bribery works??? ??

ConsKrypt

I sent my copy to a fan in Africa. If my brain worked i would have burnt a copy. Its a great video. I played Football (at training only....not being a dick but i was in a different team) with one of the fans featured. He was a lovely guy but a very average Footballer.
I always thought the quality of the DVD was very high.....before we went into budget mode on everything
I still have a copy of it on DVD at home somewhere, I will have to dig it out and rewatch it (even though it's on YouTube)

Corsair

There are so many upsets going into a game like this... everyone expects us to win and often thats when we play our worst...
I know, we've choked at home with big crowds before as well. A lot in our favour this time though. If we score first I think we'll be ok, i fthey get an early one that would help them psychologically. I think they'll come at us hard the first 20 mins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami