• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Victory

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
yes, yes yes, Joker was "offside" testically...but what f**king advantage did having two of his left boot studs on the line provide ?...PEDANTIC f**kING BULLSHIT!...its right up there with the ball hitting the shoulder joint and every bugger yelling HANDBALL

Tevor

To me it was a clear and obvious error. Nisbet kicked the ball, Acton got to the challenge first and parried the ball in front of him. Nisbet came last over the top.
Pretty sure the rules also state whilst you get the ball you still cannot take a player out, it’s a 50/50 at best so definitely not clear and obvious in my opinion. Seen plenty of them given and not just keepers taking players out. Same rules should apply in the box and we know that is not always the case.

Forum Phoenix

Pretty sure the rules also state whilst you get the ball you still cannot take a player out, it’s a 50/50 at best so definitely not clear and obvious in my opinion. Seen plenty of them given and not just keepers taking players out. Same rules should apply in the box and we know that is not always the case.

That’s my issue. He gets a touch ‘just’ but takes out the man and if he doesn’t Niz recovers the ball. We see that pulled up all the time in general play.

marinermick

That’s my issue. He gets a touch ‘just’ but takes out the man and if he doesn’t Niz recovers the ball. We see that pulled up all the time in general play.

How could have Nizz recovered on the ball when Acton cleared the ball away from his path?

Nizz kicked the ball to go past Action, Acton save the ball and Nizz came late over the top of Acton. Acton was first to the challenge and cleared the ball.

In what world of football should a keeper get punished for good goalkeeping?

turbo

How could have Nizz recovered on the ball when Acton cleared the ball away from his path?
IMO the ball didn’t get far away at all and with the keeper on the ground Nizzy would have had a decent chance to regather it and have a shot. May look different when I revisit on the highlights but that was my impression on the replay at the ground.

pjennings

With KGJ on var it was never going to be a penalty. He did everything he could to try and get a win for MV.
The point is he should not have judged on it at all. I believed at the time it was a penalty. I've relooked and reread the laws. I still think it is a penalty. At worst the original decision was NOT a clear and obvious error so VAR should not heave been involved.

marinermick

IMO the ball didn’t get far away at all and with the keeper on the ground Nizzy would have had a decent chance to regather it and have a shot. May look different when I revisit on the highlights but that was my impression on the replay at the ground.

Check the highlights. Acton parries sideway and the ball is quite far away from both. There is no way it was in clear path to Nizzy to run on to.

pjennings

Nizz kicked the ball to go past Action, Acton save the ball and Nizz came late over the top of Acton. Acton was first to the challenge and cleared the ball.

Nizz just tried to pass it round Acton. He would have got to the ball easily. Good goalkeeping meant Acton would have controlled the ball. He didn't - he tripped Nizz. Penalty.

marinermick

The point is he should not have judged on it at all. I believed at the time it was a penalty. I've relooked and reread the laws. I still think it is a penalty. At worst the original decision was NOT a clear and obvious error so VAR should not heave been involved.

Please quote the law you reread for us all

turbo

Check the highlights. Acton parries sideway and the ball is quite far away from both. There is no way it was in clear path to Nizzy to run on to.
He definitely would have had to change course to get to it, went out to his side from memory but didn’t go that far. But yeah I will check them out later.

marinermick

Nizz just tried to pass it round Acton. He would have got to the ball easily. Good goalkeeping meant Acton would have controlled the ball. He didn't - he tripped Nizz. Penalty.

Did you not see the ball go in opposite direction after Acton gets to the ball first and parries?

Forum Phoenix

Nizz’s initial touch was gentle - probably too gentle or Acton never gets a touch, but actons touch was also light ball was recoverable if nizz was able to keep his feet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami