• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Victory

ryan

Roux was excellent except for the goal but while a little off the player it was a fantastic strike.

Kadette (MV LB) was excellent. He physically out muscled both Beni and Koul. He won what seemed like every challenge with Beni especially in the air. Could have been a combination of him and Broxham in the first half but Popa also had them set up that every header feel to their midfield and then they had a outlet pass ready and over run us in the middle from all the second balls.

However they didn’t really look like scoring except for the first 10 mins. They had one shot for the goal and that was it in the first half. Such a deflation to the team.
Wilson was dangerous early for them and that ball to Nani in first 40sec was beautiful. Lucky Roux got there to block the that.

Watching MV setup at Corners was interesting. They clogged the penalty spot to the 6yrd box and it was second balls rebounds that Cummings pounced on.
The variation to Beni which almost came off was a very smart counter.

Well deserved win

Crowd - great numbers shit crowd. Typical new years casuals social event. Great for the club but sick of people walking up and down the isles all game and when are the fireworks - 9pm - No after the game not a set time. First offside - I’ve never understood soccer. Who do we sing for. On half size crowd gets a great response because everyone knows what’s happening. Last night they were to busy talking to care. Old man get off my grass rant over.
Happens every new year's eve but hopefully a few get conerted every year and decide to stay.

Ozhammer

Very possible

But he doesn’t clean Nizzy up. Nizzy is late to the challenge that Acton gets to first. You accept this and you have to accept the Silvera “foul” and yellow.
Sorry Mick but Niz is not ‘late to the challenge’ as you frame it, he gets to the ball first and tries to move it away from Acton, so the contact with his glove is primarily a result of Nizzy touching the ball first. If Acton parries the ball before Niz gets there the subsequent contact with his legs could be deemed incidental but the fact that Niz contacts the ball first fundamentally alters the scenario for me. It’s all academic now anyway but let’s see if the referees and VAR calls are consistent on this issue for the rest of the season

Any comparison with the Broxham/Silvera incident is only so relevant imo, Silvera clearly gets to the ball first and Broxham should have been penalised with his second yellow card (it’s a borderline straight red challenge imo). It’s only because Sammy doesn’t carry on like a pork chop feigning injury that saves Broxham I believe. VAR can’t rule on it unless they deem it a missed red card. Why man boobs doesn’t call Elder over to review the challenge is open to conjecture but arguably just shows how flawed and problematic the whole VAR process remains here in Australia.

Last edited:

Tevor

but let’s see if the referees and VAR calls are consistent on this issue for the rest of the season
You know this will not be the case as proven by every season of the A League. Would be interesting to see the stats so far this season on disallowed goals from VAR. I know City has received heaps of penalties but I watched most of them and they were legitimate. I’ve been hanging out for another goal with two balls on the field as that is a clear precedent that has been set.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
yeh yeh yeh, sure sure , Nizzy was a tad late and got cleaned up , BUT, rest assured , if it was Vooks, not only would Mexico FC have got a penalty BUT 3 extra goes cause somebody scratched his leg, picked his nose or burped during the run up....next game please

marinermick

Sorry Mick but Niz is not ‘late to the challenge’ as you frame it, he gets to the ball first and tries to move it away from Acton, so the contact with his glove is primarily a result of Nizzy touching the ball first. If Acton parries the ball before Niz gets there the subsequent contact with his legs could be deemed incidental but the fact that Niz contacts the ball first fundamentally alters the scenario for me. It’s all academic now anyway but let’s see if the referees and VAR calls are consistent on this issue for the rest of the season

You are mistaking Nizzy’s heavy touch to round the keeper to the actual challenge. They are two separate things.

FFC Mariner

Roux was excellent except for the goal but while a little off the player it was a fantastic strike.

Kadette (MV LB) was excellent. He physically out muscled both Beni and Koul. He won what seemed like every challenge with Beni especially in the air. Could have been a combination of him and Broxham in the first half but Popa also had them set up that every header feel to their midfield and then they had a outlet pass ready and over run us in the middle from all the second balls.

However they didn’t really look like scoring except for the first 10 mins. They had one shot for the goal and that was it in the first half. Such a deflation to the team.
Wilson was dangerous early for them and that ball to Nani in first 40sec was beautiful. Lucky Roux got there to block the that.

Watching MV setup at Corners was interesting. They clogged the penalty spot to the 6yrd box and it was second balls rebounds that Cummings pounced on.
The variation to Beni which almost came off was a very smart counter.

Well deserved win

Crowd - great numbers shit crowd. Typical new years casuals social event. Great for the club but sick of people walking up and down the isles all game and when are the fireworks - 9pm - No after the game not a set time. First offside - I’ve never understood soccer. Who do we sing for. On half size crowd gets a great response because everyone knows what’s happening. Last night they were to busy talking to care. Old man get off my grass rant over.
Great post. That's why away games are always better. No theatre goers in their Messi PSG shirts screaming shoot everytime we play put from the back

Big Al

Any comparison with the Broxham/Silvera incident is only so relevant imo, Silvera clearly gets to the ball first and Broxham should have been penalised with his second yellow card (it’s a borderline straight red challenge imo). It’s only because Sammy doesn’t carry on like a pork chop feigning injury that saves Broxham I believe. VAR can’t rule on it unless they deem it a missed red card. Why man boobs doesn’t call Elder over to review the challenge is open to conjecture but arguably just shows how flawed and problematic the whole VAR process remains here in Australia.
If you make a sliding tackle and win the ball and the player you tackled falls over you is it a free kick to the tackled player? No (unless it’s broxham, MV or SFC player)

1. Nizz won the ball play on

2. Acton wins the ball (just) play on - he is now deemed the player who won the ball

3. Nizz runs into Acton milli seconds after the ball won by Acton. No free kick or penalty against Acton as he had last touch not Nizz. Similar action to a slide tackle

So badly wanted it to be a pen and Garang smash it in and jump the fence but not to be

If same happened to us we would be fuming.

shipwreck

If you make a sliding tackle and win the ball and the player you tackled falls over you is it a free kick to the tackled player? No (unless it’s broxham, MV or SFC player)

1. Nizz won the ball play on

2. Acton wins the ball (just) play on - he is now deemed the player who won the ball

3. Nizz runs into Acton milli seconds after the ball won by Acton. No free kick or penalty against Acton as he had last touch not Nizz. Similar action to a slide tackle

So badly wanted it to be a pen and Garang smash it in and jump the fence but not to be

If same happened to us we would be fuming.
Agreed.

With the usual caveats of dangerous play, I.e that time Rowles had this exact situation, won the ball first but his follow through was studs up, collected the player and then he got sent off as a result.... Thats where this interpretation of the rules falls over.

true believer

the match review panel should be able to overturn wrong yellow cards like Silveras.
the var has changed multiple card decisions .
surely this comes under that . in that broxson committed a yellow card foul, his second .that should of seen him get a red card .
i'd put a red bill ($20) on the table anyday of the week on. if it was a mariner .this is precisely what would of happened .

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami