• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM W-League

Shaun Mielekamp

Hey Shaun - care to comment on the latest article?
Only comment is that we are set to meet with the FFA in late February. The funding model of the W-League team is a specific point that needs to be worked through with the League to ensure sustainability and longevity - hence why there is a call for partners to express interest at the earliest of outsets.
I am more confident than ever now that they politic is clear between APFCA and the FFA.
Hopefully we get to announce more in the upcoming months.

marinermick

You would have to say this is in jeopardy with Western United and Macarthur wanting a spot for next season.

Greg O’Rourke has already stated the license will go to the highest bidder.

Big Al

You would have to say this is in jeopardy with Western United and Macarthur wanting a spot for next season.

Not sure where the money was coming for this anyway. But would be good to see us back in

pjennings

Where was that - the last I heard the FFA were saying they want all teams to have a W-League team and then at the Macarthur launch he specifically said words to the effect that they will have to wait in line as others already were in front of them.

pjennings

Given that the 2023 WWC host has now been decided and with the bones of the remainder of the season decided this will probably be next on the agenda.

Given that a W-League comp will continue to run through summer (likely since many players will go OS for half the season) the FFA / O'Rourke will probably need to focus on this soon.

I would think that a jump to 12 teams will happen and the season will run from end of October through to early to mid April. It will be interesting who will get up for those 3 spots. I'm hoping we get one, after the bid win Wellington will get one and I suspect Western United will get the third.

turbo

Given that a W-League comp will continue to run through summer (likely since many players will go OS for half the season) the FFA / O'Rourke will probably need to focus on this soon.
I can’t help but wonder if the increase in attention towards women’s leagues in Europe will force a shift away from the current calendar that was limited by fitting with the US season. We’ve already seen some big names go over and that’s only likely to increase before 2023.

pjennings

Maybe - but I'm talking 4 months away. That transition towards Europe won't happen straight away and will probably only be for the elite.

turbo

Maybe - but I'm talking 4 months away. That transition towards Europe won't happen straight away and will probably only be for the elite.
Ahh right I didn’t realise you were talking about the upcoming season, I was more thinking of something that will need to be addressed in the next couple of years with the calendar. Lots to consider, it could help them get out of the A league shadow if they run at different times and provide more year round content.

On us getting a team I think it should be the goal but while we’re operating the A league squad on an oily rag and failing to be competitive (both due to limited budget and some poor spending choices IMO) it might not go over too well with long suffering fans. If sponsors contribute the funding so it doesn’t affect the clubs bottom line is that enough budget to be competitive? If not why set ourselves up for more ridicule?

If I were part of the selection panel I wouldn’t be confident giving us a team ahead of some others. We’ve got enough on our plate and don’t appear to have the capacity for more expenses if the team isn’t self sustaining.

pjennings

Ahh right I didn’t realise you were talking about the upcoming season, I was more thinking of something that will need to be addressed in the next couple of years with the calendar. Lots to consider, it could help them get out of the A league shadow if they run at different times and provide more year round content.

On us getting a team I think it should be the goal but while we’re operating the A league squad on an oily rag and failing to be competitive (both due to limited budget and some poor spending choices IMO) it might not go over too well with long suffering fans. If sponsors contribute the funding so it doesn’t affect the clubs bottom line is that enough budget to be competitive? If not why set ourselves up for more ridicule?

If I were part of the selection panel I wouldn’t be confident giving us a team ahead of some others. We’ve got enough on our plate and don’t appear to have the capacity for more expenses if the team isn’t self sustaining.

If we can't do this on the back of a Womens World Cup we won't ever be able to.

finally retired

Given that the 2023 WWC host has now been decided and with the bones of the remainder of the season decided this will probably be next on the agenda.

I would think that a jump to 12 teams will happen and the season will run from end of October through to early to mid April. It will be interesting who will get up for those 3 spots. I'm hoping we get one, after the bid win Wellington will get one and I suspect Western United will get the third.
bump......it looks like one of your predictions is correct....Wellington likely to get a W-League team
https://www.espn.com.au/football/we...gton-phoenix-set-to-join-w-league-this-season

did we get a spot or are we still without one?

Wombat

I just massaged the Mariners best ever female striker and she told me we have some shit hot talent coming through the ranks. I think the IFS is finally paying dividends (obviously TBT now know as TCT) was the first gem they delivered.

Ironbark

I just massaged the Mariners best ever female striker and she told me we have some shit hot talent coming through the ranks. I think the IFS is finally paying dividends (obviously TBT now know as TCT) was the first gem they delivered.
the girls coming through the sports college are first class, there's a w-league sides worth coming through and I'd happily wager several will be future Matildas

Ironbark

the girls coming through the sports college are first class, there's a w-league sides worth coming through and I'd happily wager several will be future Matildas
on that some of the boys are on their way too. there are a couple of younger lads playing up for the senior academy team and the u20s
examples
Jacob Farrel played the u20s (just finishing up year 12) as LB
Davin Fattore is 16 and training/on the bench for u20s and mens academy team as Monty wants him training and engaging at that level

JoyfulPenguin

Looks like we have changed our minds about fielding a W-League team https://www.espn.com.au/football/au...n-phoenix-in-expanded-competition-next-season
Disappointing to hear that we are not pushing for a team next season. There was a mention that we are developing infrastructure, frankly we should be beyond that by now. I understand that Covid is a problem and Charlesworth wants out, but the Mariners will be a far stronger club and a better investment for whoever comes next with a W-League side.

turbo

Disappointing to hear that we are not pushing for a team next season. There was a mention that we are developing infrastructure, frankly we should be beyond that by now. I understand that Covid is a problem and Charlesworth wants out, but the Mariners will be a far stronger club and a better investment for whoever comes next with a W-League side.
It might come down to timing and certainty. No decision on the stadium rights, the TV deal wasn't done that long ago, there's some CBA stuff going on with the PFA. May be better to try again for next season.

finally retired

I thought the female change rooms had been finished by council before they ran out of money?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami