• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCMA - 2018 Academy NPL season

pinklady

An absolute joke some of those selections. Noah Pagden is a Coast boy who has only played 4 times for WSW NPL side this year - and that is one of the worst WSW sides ever. He's played mostly in their 20s. Was woeful in the game against CCMA two weeks ago and was responsible for two of the three goals.
There were 5 of our boys called up for an U19 camp in May - Josh Nisbet, Aamir Abdullah, Kyle Johnson, Peter Kekeris and Jack Greenwood in preparation for the AFC tournament in Sep/Oct in Indonesia. Jack Greenwood has since transferred to WSW and only Kyle Johnson would've been eligible for an U18 squad (the rest being 19s).
From of our NPL2 first team - Jordan Smylie (already made his A League debut) Lewis Millar (in Adelaide for the FFA Cup), Matt Hatch and Joey Jevtic would also have been eligible for 18s. But I suppose they are only part of a team that has been top 2 all year and leading the Club Championship as opposed to the 5 Wanderers boys being part of a side languishing in 11th spot or the Sydney player who can't even get a regular spot in the team that is a distant last in the NPL1 comp.

Last edited:

possum x

An absolute joke some of those selections. Noah Pagden is a Coast boy who has only played 4 times for WSW NPL side this year - and that is one of the worst WSW sides ever. He's played mostly in their 20s. Was woeful in the game against CCMA two weeks ago and was responsible for two of the three goals.
There were 5 of our boys called up for an U19 camp in May - Josh Nisbet, Aamir Abdullah, Kyle Johnson, Peter Kekeris and Jack Greenwood in preparation for the AFC tournament in Sep/Oct in Indonesia. Jack Greenwood has since transferred to WSW and only Kyle Johnson would've been eligible for an U18 squad (the rest being 19s).
From of our NPL2 first team - Lewis Millar (in Adelaide for the FFA Cup), Matt Hatch and Joey Jevtic would also have been eligible for 18s. But I suppose they are only part of a team that has been top 2 all year and leading the Club Championship as opposed to the 5 Wanderers boys being part of a side languishing in 11th spot or the Sydney player who can't even get a regular spot in the team that is a distant last in the NPL1 comp.
Wow!! All i can say to this is sometimes the right kids aren't picked. Whether it's opinions, politics, which school someone goes to, who knows who, sponsoring parents or just plain bad luck. The above said boy is good player who has been successful in National titles as a player of the tournament. We can all get a little upset that our boys haven't been picked but to name and shame..... i don't know!!!

pinklady

Wow!! All i can say to this is sometimes the right kids aren't picked. Whether it's opinions, politics, which school someone goes to, who knows who, sponsoring parents or just plain bad luck. The above said boy is good player who has been successful in National titles as a player of the tournament. We can all get a little upset that our boys haven't been picked but to name and shame..... i don't know!!!
Just stating the truth. possum x. Tell me something in my post that wasn't a fact apart from my saying that some of those selections are a joke which is my personal opinion. Noah was a player of the tournament in 14s or 15s Nationals and that was thoroughly deserved.

possum x

Just stating the truth. possum x. Tell me something in my post that wasn't a fact apart from my saying that some of those selections are a joke which is my personal opinion. Noah was a player of the tournament in 14s or 15s Nationals and that was thoroughly deserved.
I didn't say it wasn't the truth i just said i didn't think Noah had to be brought into it. Plenty of boys have been hard done by over the years some have had an easier run. Is it possible Noah was picked position based? Sometimes on this blog players are trashed unfairly, we've all got opinions but it's a public forum, think of the boy if he or his family are reading this.

possum x

Pinklady, how many of these boys have you seen play? 4 or 5. You say wanderers have had one of their worst seasons, Sydney are last in NPL 1. Is it possible that the boys your opinions are based on are good players in not so good performing teams. Congrats to the boys picked but in the big picture it means jack shit

pinklady

Pinklady, how many of these boys have you seen play? 4 or 5. You say wanderers have had one of their worst seasons, Sydney are last in NPL 1. Is it possible that the boys your opinions are based on are good players in not so good performing teams. Congrats to the boys picked but in the big picture it means jack shit
Possum x - how many have I seen play? That would be all of them except Memeti from Dandenong. Interesting that you think that 5 boys out of the one team can be good players but not good enough to lift a side above 11th place. Out of the WSW boys Kosta Grozos and Mo Adam would make any team. Some of the lads selected didn't even make a single appearance for their NYL squad.
Yet players such as Angus Thurgate from the Jets who was an A League regular towards the end of the season and Maki Petratos who played NYL for both CCM and the Jets weren't even considered. Jerry Skotadis who has been a good performer in a struggling Sydney Fc team is another missing from the squad who was at the May camp. Luke Ivanovic also from Sydney may well have cost himself a spot with a brain explosion red card against Bonnyrigg a few weeks ago.
After the U19 camp, all of the boys were told by coach Ufuk Talay that their performances in the NPL would be monitored for the rest of the season. Talay has since resigned as coach and this U18 side was selected by Ante Milicic. I'm not sure what players or what games have been watched or monitored and everyone has their own opinions. When it comes down to it, the coach selects the squad and his opinion is the only one that matters. At least the CCM boys can focus on the rest of the season in what will be a very tough battle to gain promotion to NPL1.

possum x

Possum x - how many have I seen play? That would be all of them except Memeti from Dandenong. Interesting that you think that 5 boys out of the one team can be good players but not good enough to lift a side above 11th place. Out of the WSW boys Kosta Grozos and Mo Adam would make any team. Some of the lads selected didn't even make a single appearance for their NYL squad.
Yet players such as Angus Thurgate from the Jets who was an A League regular towards the end of the season and Maki Petratos who played NYL for both CCM and the Jets weren't even considered. Jerry Skotadis who has been a good performer in a struggling Sydney Fc team is another missing from the squad who was at the May camp. Luke Ivanovic also from Sydney may well have cost himself a spot with a brain explosion red card against Bonnyrigg a few weeks ago.
After the U19 camp, all of the boys were told by coach Ufuk Talay that their performances in the NPL would be monitored for the rest of the season. Talay has since resigned as coach and this U18 side was selected by Ante Milicic. I'm not sure what players or what games have been watched or monitored and everyone has their own opinions. When it comes down to it, the coach selects the squad and his opinion is the only one that matters. At least the CCM boys can focus on the rest of the season in what will be a very tough battle to gain promotion to NPL1.
Hey champ I'm not on here to disagree with you and at no point did i say that anyone deserved their spot, my original reply was to point out i didn't think it fair that one boy had been named as not deserving of his. I'm on board with you sometimes footballs not fair, it's political, all of the boys you have mentioned would have the right to feel hard done by as would Zenden Hart from the 18s. What do you do? State teams, national teams, Australian Schoolboys, they are all feathers in the cap but no guarantee of a football career. Your posts are informative and insightful, keep up the good work and fingers crossed for promotion.

FFC Mariner

3-1 down at half time and 10 men. 3 pens. Pearce caused the send off by staying on his line and leaving Glassock with no choice.
Getting beaten by a much better side

Big Al

3-1 down at half time and 10 men. 3 pens. Pearce caused the send off by staying on his line and leaving Glassock with no choice.
Getting beaten by a much better side
Shit we got 9 points for 18’s and 20’s and lose 12 for this one. So lose 2 points for the day. We were up 7. So now down to 5

Provided no comeback

joe bailey

From of our NPL2 first team - Jordan Smylie (already made his A League debut) Lewis Millar (in Adelaide for the FFA Cup), Matt Hatch and Joey Jevtic would also have been eligible for 18s. But I suppose they are only part of a team that has been top 2 all year and leading the Club Championship as opposed to the 5 Wanderers boys being part of a side languishing in 11th spot or the Sydney player who can't even get a regular spot in the team that is a distant last in the NPL1 comp.
I agree with what you say PinkLady. Ever so disappointing for our boys, coaches and parents. Whatever the 'reasons' for selection it more often than not reflects on our national team anyway:confused:. Definitely not the 'best of the best' that are chosen that's for sure! In the bigger scheme of things our boys have fought so hard this season and for such a young academy, to be where we stand today, is a credit to all involved...imho!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami