• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad 2021/22

Ozhammer

Michael Ruhs was at the game last night with his agent Fahid Ben Khalifa, so does that suggest he is in discussions with us for next season?

Not sure I was personally overly impressed with what I have seen of him in the past but Ken and Monty’s judgement has been pretty spot on recruitment-wise thus far, so I guess we need to trust them on this one.

Big Al

Michael Ruhs was at the game last night with his agent Fahid Ben Khalifa, so does that suggest he is in discussions with us for next season?

Not sure I was personally overly impressed with what I have seen of him in the past but Ken and Monty’s judgement has been pretty spot on recruitment-wise thus far, so I guess we need to trust them on this one.
Yeah I thought he was good last year and didn’t get a chance.

We’re they sitting in a CCM area or Newy

Corsair

Smith came to us suffering osteitis pubis, so that would have hampered his early days training with us. I for one am very disappointed that he will be leaving us but wish him well for the future.
Had no idea about this, things slot into place...

pjennings

Whenever Ive seen him he’s always trained well when injury free. Gets on well with the squad and great attitude. Personally, hope he doesn’t go. One of the great strengths of this group is they generally enjoy being part of this squad. Playing a big part in our success this season and credit to Monty.
If he is gone I'd be keen to grab Mark Natta from WSW. He is primarily a CB but also a LB. With Miller and now Smith likely to go I think we need to have some cover - especially given I suspect we are likely to lose some more of our backline OS in the transfer break,

shipwreck

If he is gone I'd be keen to grab Mark Natta from WSW. He is primarily a CB but also a LB. With Miller and now Smith likely to go I think we need to have some cover - especially given I suspect we are likely to lose some more of our backline OS in the transfer break,
Agree with this, always thought that sideshow bob was a standout whenever we played them and looked beyond a 19 year old.

Could be the next Rowles with proper guidance.

Michael

Smith came to us suffering osteitis pubis, so that would have hampered his early days training with us. I for one am very disappointed that he will be leaving us but wish him well for the future.
Well that explains a lot. As I said 50/50 on him leaving. Was decent in that little run of form as a left mid when we had injuries etc. but I think we can replace him no worries.

Tevor

Should be an interesting off season with all our NSW rivals being so poor this season, so far other than Lewis I haven't been shocked/annoyed by any rumours yet. No longer being the basket case of the league after two strong seasons in a row and with some more sound investment behind us for a few years it's looking positive to retain key players.

I know he is loved on here and I also thank him for what he has done for the club however I feel Simon shouldn't be part of the squad next year. His salary needs to be used in other places and to help keep the production line moving. No issues from me if he is offered a role within the club just not part of the squad for me.

turbo

I know he is loved on here and I also thank him for what he has done for the club however I feel Simon shouldn't be part of the squad next year. His salary needs to be used in other places and to help keep the production line moving. No issues from me if he is offered a role within the club just not part of the squad for me.
I think thats fair. He isnt getting any younger (will be 37 not far into next season) and just missed a whole season. I want to see him get a proper farewell but as a squad player for next year I see him taking up minutes and money we should be using better. Cummings, Urena, Moresche is enough senior forwards the rest should be academy or other emerging talent we can give minutes to and keeping the production line running.

Michael

The best thing for matty is probably to retire and hopefully he doesn’t become lost to the club like previous legends. Maybe he can do his badges and move into coaching in the academy or be around the first team. I may have never been the biggest fan of his ability. But no doubt he’s an icon of the club.
Perhaps he might be keen for a stint with CCU?

Rising Sun

I think thats fair. He isnt getting any younger (will be 37 not far into next season) and just missed a whole season. I want to see him get a proper farewell but as a squad player for next year I see him taking up minutes and money we should be using better. Cummings, Urena, Moresche is enough senior forwards the rest should be academy or other emerging talent we can give minutes to and keeping the production line running.
With so many young players in the squad, I wouldn't underestimate the value of having some old hardheads in the dressing room that can drive a high standard (and pull the youngsters into line when needed) and losing both Oli and Matty would leave a bit of a gap in that regard. So for that reason alone I would be happy to have Matty for another season on a cheap deal.

But agree he should be down the pecking order playing wise now and I wouldn't want to see him inhibiting the youngsters from getting opportunities. So Matty would need to be fine that he wouldn't get much game time other than if we had a bit of an injury crisis.

Rising Sun

I don't recall seeing him around much this season but he did play against us in the NPL a couple of weeks ago. I think we are well covered at RB with Aqualina, Bayliss and Kucevski. CB would depend on if anybody did leave in the transfer window. For LB, there are fewer options. I think Bayliss is pretty two-footed and would do a good job there. But other than that, Monty seems to have long since written off Hatchy as a defender, and there is no-one else quite ready to step up from the academy at LB. Roux maybe on a cheap contract. So yes I think if Smith is gone then we probably do need to bring someone in to provide additional cover / competition for places and Natta is not a bad option specially if we do lose a centre back as well

turbo

With so many young players in the squad, I wouldn't underestimate the value of having some old hardheads in the dressing room that can drive a high standard (and pull the youngsters into line when needed) and losing both Oli and Matty would leave a bit of a gap in that regard.
With the length of his absence and Oli's exile I can't help wonder if Urena and Cummings have slipped into that role alongside Birraz and Rowles. No info to support it but it looks like the squad has moved on or evolved.

Tevor

With the length of his absence and Oli's exile I can't help wonder if Urena and Cummings have slipped into that role alongside Birraz and Rowles. No info to support it but it looks like the squad has moved on or evolved.
Agree, less of a requirement now than 12 months ago. He needs to shore up his and his family’s future so a cheap 1 year contract is probably a disservice to him to be honest. His life after being a player is starting or has already started.

Gazza 13

Obviously Matty isn't fit and sadly will retire soon most likely but does anyone know if he is still injured?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami