• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners V Sydney FC

Yorkshire Mariners FC

Absolutely pathetic. We barely won a ball first half. Came out looking good and start of the second. Then the defence went to the pub. Let's hope that does not define our season.

LFCMariners

Sometimes decent sides get blown out at home. As somebody in commentary mentioned, happened once to a peak Victards side at the 'dome vs the Smurfs by the same scoreline as tonight

Looking at other results this weekend, seems like unexpected thrashings are the "in" thing.

Only thing to talk about is bouncing back starting next game.

crock

I cant see us beating wanderers based on tonight need a big spray tonight because tonight was pathetic

Josho Howe

JFC that was rancid. That was Walmsley era shit. Way off the pace, giving cheap balls away in dangerous areas, impotent in attack and no bottle. Worrying signs.

Feels like we got the whole Saturday prime time against a direct rival jitters. But that's no excuse. Need to bounce back and quick for WSW away.

turbo

Well that happened. I felt we were In it at half time but that second half they latched onto anything they got and we couldn’t pull one back. Regardless of anything else you can’t take 3 points if you don’t score and we were very predictable going forward. You could count on one hand the times that Sydney weren’t completely set before we got a ball into the box, cross or otherwise. We pushed but lacked end product. Beni rattled the spiders but that’s about it.

Maligned as it is I reckon xG would tell the tale of two sides tonight as well as the scoreboard.

Ads

Monty tried to get the fourth official attention but Corica and Sydney assistant already screaming at fourth official about something else.

On both occasions that we should have had review but Monty was not loud enough or demanding enough with the fourth official asking.

When something like that happens both coaches need to be up and screaming.

But we didn't call for it.

I hate to say it but we need to be calling for these. That's an issue we've always had. I'm not saying I want us to be a bunch of wankers running up and mobbing the ref - but he's gotta know that somebody wants it given. It shouldn't make a difference - but it does.

But you're right - on the pitch, it's a foul - though you'll almost never see it given as a penalty.

Ads

Monty’s tactics of high wing backs while the ball is stuck passing between our 2 CB leaves us trying to lob it over our opposition or play it into the middle where we literally get raped and dispossessed.

Some teams it seems to work against maybe the teams with a lot of youth or low confidence players.

But they knew as soon as that ball was played into our middle they run at us, and then they don’t stop and stand on the ball they run literally right through us in either diagonal left or right!
(No wide backs to be seen, as they are still almost between the front and middle lines)

Very very frustrating tactical move that I can’t get my head around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami