• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Reps - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

possum x

Maybe with other grades but this years 12's were playing SAP and SAL last year, not in the competitions with the other grades, they were playing regions like West, East and South. All good teams whose players have gone on to play premier league this year.

possum x

Freddie, you seem to have a problem with ccma, i know most of the kids in that team ( ccma 12's ) and reckon most of them deserve to be there. Sure they didn't win a game but they drew five and if you take into consideration one of my previous posts ( 7 players being elsewhere ) they're not far away. It's a big step up from club football, at best club footballers are 2 years behind in technical development ( if they missed out the last 2 years ) and at worst 4 years ( players who did p22 and started training 3 times a week in 2010 ) thats a lot to catch up. If the kids are good enough they'll make it, but changing like for like without the experience is a recipe for disaster.

Freddie05

Sorry neverwozza was referring to first past the post which is generally accepted as being the most important and Terrigal won that the last two years EG always came a distant third. Possumx I don't have a problem with CCMA just wondering how things work and if like you said club players are two years behind CCMA players changes can't be made. Would not know how many players Tony Gerosimo sent to EG because I don't know him or players involved but my friend's grand son was telling me about a player that swapped clubs & he always destroys his team and he went to EG. Hates playing against him lol he scored 5times in two games against his side & my friend's grandson's side came third. I think he hopes this player goes to CCMA but going by you guys who know a lot more then me it appears doubtful. He won't be happy!!!!

neverwozza

Fair call on first past the post Freddie. That Terrigal side did dominate its age group for 2 years and I think were the best side over that period of time even though they didn't even make the GF one year and then beaten the next.

neverwozza

Most of the academy teams did well, the reason the 12's did so poorly is there team isn't filled with the best players from the coast all because of a bad coaching appointment in 2012, three of the coasts project 22 team went to the emerging jets prior to the 2012 season and three left after to go to Blacktown. The emerging jets won their grand final and Blacktown won the competion and are in the grand final next week. No effort has been made to get these players back. Why? Surley if they were serious they would at the very least ask the parents why they left and what could be done to rectify the problem. It has nothing to do with coaches agendas to get certain players in.

Blacktown City just won their GF too. Interesting that 7 of the kids that trained under Tony G in the P22 squad have gone on to win GFs in their respective comps and one of the other players is in the FNSW development squad. He must be doing something right.

Wombat

Is that Tony G of Kariong and Avoca fame neverwozza?

Sorry mate....started from the last post but have caught up now!

For my money Tony is an excellent coach.

Last edited:

James Ando

Haven't written comments before but have followed this for years. Freddie05 whoever you are talking about is no chance because I know most of that side have received a letter guaranteeing their spot for next year. So I would say they are the best of the age group. That on top of the fact some of the players that went walkabout will be welcomed back with open arms. There will probably be one or two spots available at most. So much for developing players. The player you are probably talking about has been training with Tony Gerosimo for 18months now made the branch side last year & is a proven goal scorer. You would think 8 goals in 22games they would need a goal scorer but it appears not. I am sure all the people involved in Mariner's junior reps will be at Pluim tomorrow to watch Champion of Champions but I doubt it. There needs a shake up of the whole system & the way selections are made but it won't happen & these kids like Freddie has been talking about will either be lost to the coast or sport. If I was that kids father I would send him to Northern Tigers.

possum x

I've heard six players have been retained, four cut and the rest to retrial. Hardly the majority of the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami