• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Stadium

midfielder

sydmariner

Copied from inside sport.

Mariners have put in an unsolicitied bid to manage the stadium, with the $4m proposal was for a 30-year lease in which the southern end of the stadium would be activated to include cafes, retail, licensed restaurants and a catering school open seven days.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...d/news-story/e5c7001333e8377943a58cfe2dc2c98b
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...n/news-story/832fcef0aa6cae6f006dcdf7f921a9c2
can't read subscription only article

turbo

June 29 tomorrow. I don’t know exactly what it means for the rights being up but we could hear something any day now?

pjennings

Given the council own the stadium & manage it I don't really understand what the rights are actually
The council owns the asset that they used to get management rights payments from Singo. At that stage the Council made money out of the asset, CCMFC had a reasonable deal and Singo made money. As well the food and drink might have been on a par to now - but they weren't exorbitantly priced.

The Council now manages the Stadium, does not get any management rights payments, loses money on it each year, charges CCMFC more and the food and drink are still poor but now pricey.

They have been advised that they should not be trying to manage it themselves but seem to be trying to drag the process out as long as possible.

bikinigirl

Given the council own the stadium & manage it I don't really understand what the rights are actually

. the way that I would describe it ... it's kinda like a lease (like you'd rent a house):
  • a management fee is negotiated for a fixed (but possibly extendable) term
  • the 'manager' effectively operates the stadium as if they own it
    • so they can make money from it
  • but they don't own it
    • they can't sell it
    • would have certain restrictions as to its operation and use
    • ... kinda like renting a house

Pirate Pete

. the way that I would describe it ... it's kinda like a lease (like you'd rent a house):
  • a management fee is negotiated for a fixed (but possibly extendable) term
  • the 'manager' effectively operates the stadium as if they own it
    • so they can make money from it
  • but they don't own it
    • they can't sell it
    • would have certain restrictions as to its operation and use
    • ... kinda like renting a house
Thanks.
Maybe my post was badly worded after a long day at work.

As PJ says the council own and manage the stadium.
I was wondering what exactly June 29th has to do with the rights.
Is it like the council have a deal with themselves?
How are the rights suddenly available today?

pjennings

I think you will find that when CCMFC made offers before the council dismissed them because they did not have a 'process'. They now have a process. CCMFC have made a submission, it has gone through the 'process' and now will actually make it to Councilors to hear their submission and vote for it.

Pirate Pete

I think you will find that when CCMFC made offers before the council dismissed them because they did not have a 'process'. They now have a process. CCMFC have made a submission, it has gone through the 'process' and now will actually make it to Councilors to hear their submission and vote for it.
Do we have councilors?
I can't keep up what's going on with the council.
Not listening to the local radio or picking up the free local rag doesn't help.

midfielder

Never never never never never never never...

Don't think that the NRL & AFL want Football to get things like management rights of a stadium.

They may not want it themselves but be assured they don't want Football to have it neither.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred