• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Stadium

Rising Sun

Just call me Debbie!!

That's exactly the point. We shouldn't be looking at just a price. The process should have (it may have) explored the vision for the Stadium and what sort of events they would bring. If the vision is limited to running a rate-payer asset in the same way where we have tied up Grahame Park since 1999 then that is not good enough. Even if we get better food and drink. I would also say that being able to provide a decent deal long term deal with an anchor tenant should also be part of the deal. Unfortunately I think the anchor tenant will be the NRL (not a club) given who won the tender.

Of the approximately 8000 days since the stadium was built how many days has it been used? The stadium is basically a white elephant.
Most of your post is spot on but I disagree on one point - I think there is zero chance of an NRL club being established or relocated here in the foreseeable future.

So Venues Live have signed up for a stadium where the only possible anchor tenant does not attract large crowds, is not financially secure and could disappear over the hill at any point. You would hope they would consider it good business sense to build a constructive win-win partnership with us to help us grow, rather than just seeing how much rent they are can screw out of us.

I will reserve judgement until the official announcement is made and whether that sheds light on the overall vision. But regardless of whether it was considered a good or bad proposal, the CCM proposal wasn't just about the management rights - the rights were part of a bigger picture that delivered major improvements to the facility, consolidated a major sporting franchise in the area - which not only helps showcase the area (Especially if we get back in to Asia) but when tied in with a fully established COE helps increase revenue and visitation to the region. If all that has morphed into just a transactional tender for the stadium rights then the lack of vision is abysmal.

pjennings

Most of your post is spot on but I disagree on one point - I think there is zero chance of an NRL club being established or relocated here in the foreseeable future.

So Venues Live have signed up for a stadium where the only possible anchor tenant does not attract large crowds, is not financially secure and could disappear over the hill at any point. You would hope they would consider it good business sense to build a constructive win-win partnership with us to help us grow, rather than just seeing how much rent they are can screw out of us.

I will reserve judgement until the official announcement is made and whether that sheds light on the overall vision. But regardless of whether it was considered a good or bad proposal, the CCM proposal wasn't just about the management rights - the rights were part of a bigger picture that delivered major improvements to the facility, consolidated a major sporting franchise in the area - which not only helps showcase the area (Especially if we get back in to Asia) but when tied in with a fully established COE helps increase revenue and visitation to the region. If all that has morphed into just a transactional tender for the stadium rights then the lack of vision is abysmal.
My point there is that anchor tenant may be the NRL as a whole. They would bring a total of say 12 games there with popular clubs like Souths, St George, West Tigers, Parramatta, Canterbury and Newcastle each playing a couple of home games there. They would just sub-let? the stadium to the club for the day. No relocation needed.

Shaun Mielekamp

Hey everyone, I appreciate there is a lot of speculation here about the process for the tender of the stadium, the decision and the implications for the future.

Its the right thing for the club to remain relatively quiet until we fully understand the implications for the club and also the council staff and until the full negotiations have taken place so there is clarity on the outcomes from this.

I have not had a chance to speak to any of the council staff that might be affected by this in particular as the stadium staff have worked very hard for our club and our members; some of them have been part of our family since our club began.

I can say that there is no need to panic for us and whilst of course disappointed the decision didn't go fully our way; there is a lot of positives in this for the stadium and therefore for us. There is a lot of negotiations to happen and I know the team at VenuesLive very well having worked with and known them for over 18 years - the stadium is in very good hands.

If you see me at the stadium or out and about please stop me and I'll be happy to talk through in person with more details.

cheers

Rising Sun

My point there is that anchor tenant may be the NRL as a whole. They would bring a total of say 12 games there with popular clubs like Souths, St George, West Tigers, Parramatta, Canterbury and Newcastle each playing a couple of home games there. They would just sub-let? the stadium to the club for the day. No relocation needed.
The NRL don't mandate where clubs play and there is no benefit for them for such a deal without some massive sweetener. They are currently negotiating with the state government to build / redevelop boutique stadiums around Sydney so to move games out of Sydney would be counter-intuitive to that.

That's the only thing that's stopping me from being too pessimistic about this. We are the only option for an anchor tenant and it is in the interests Venues Live to understand our issues and work with us.

Tevor

Hey everyone, I appreciate there is a lot of speculation here about the process for the tender of the stadium, the decision and the implications for the future.

Its the right thing for the club to remain relatively quiet until we fully understand the implications for the club and also the council staff and until the full negotiations have taken place so there is clarity on the outcomes from this.

I have not had a chance to speak to any of the council staff that might be affected by this in particular as the stadium staff have worked very hard for our club and our members; some of them have been part of our family since our club began.

I can say that there is no need to panic for us and whilst of course disappointed the decision didn't go fully our way; there is a lot of positives in this for the stadium and therefore for us. There is a lot of negotiations to happen and I know the team at VenuesLive very well having worked with and known them for over 18 years - the stadium is in very good hands.

If you see me at the stadium or out and about please stop me and I'll be happy to talk through in person with more details.

cheers
See the Debbie Downers can now be Happy Helen's!!!! The world is not about to end.

true believer

Dont tell the Middle Eastern gangs who actually do. Maybe we could set up a money laundering scam. Cash sales at the merch tent were $1m cash officer. You know like all the empty barber shops in Parramatta :)
no the russians actually own sydney . david traktovenko is linked to vlad the lad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami