• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Chairman’s Email 25/1

Corsair

The best way to drive attendance is to do something about the standard of the referees ( and some of them cheating) and sack Danny Townsend, to be replaced by someone without CLEAR bias. If those 2 things happen I'd happily pay 30% more for membership.

I upgraded to Gold this year based on Rich and Monty being committed. I'm also regularly bringing 2 regular mates to games as well as an occasional blow in and leaning on others.

I think if we can continue our run of form people will come back. I'm sure getting better food options would improve attendance as well.

Maybe a discount with local businesses if you're a member?

Insertnamehere

The best way to drive attendance is to do something about the standard of the referees ( and some of them cheating) and sack Danny Townsend, to be replaced by someone without CLEAR bias. If those 2 things happen I'd happily pay 30% more for membership.

I upgraded to Gold this year based on Rich and Monty being committed. I'm also regularly bringing 2 regular mates to games as well as an occasional blow in and leaning on others.

I think if we can continue our run of form people will come back. I'm sure getting better food options would improve attendance as well.

Refs are proved by the FA. Its very much a problem the league can't control

Wombat

Frankly the fact that we are renting anything off Charlesworth at all is ridiculous.

He would never have got planning without it being connected to the club and that he structured it to screw us is despicable.
As usual C**ntsworth comes out smelling like shit. I could actually feel Rich's frustration in this email.

The numbers don't add up but we have been spending to compile a decent squad and Rich's has dipped into his pocket for the Women's team so maybe he is not being "creative" with the numbers.

The Vibe at the games is definately on the up. Keep serving up the good results and the Coast will come back to the fold.

Insertnamehere

RP wpuld have gone in eyes wide open. The COE and Club were 2 different entities and MC was always trying to sell the club.

I'd be surprised if the club were ever not paying to use the COE. Its shrewd business but a complete CNT act. Especially under the guise of the community club

Big Al

I’m sure this is not what we intended.. but while honesty is great, it kind of has an undertone of “shit.. I’ve just realised what I’ve gotten myself into”
I see it as it’s nit easy to get the improvement in crowds just through winning and if you want me to stay help me get it to a level where it doesn’t cost that much to run

As for the no assets bit. He knew that and it’s up to him once he decides to take control to build passive income into the club.

Forum Phoenix

Maybe get smarter with kick off times?
3pm and 5pm excludes any weekend workers or sports people.

Definitely doesn't help. Early starts is the main reason I will ever be forced to miss a game. And for a coast based team in a summer league, competing directly against the ocean and beach lifestyle is very unwise.

Referrals are an issue for me now. I like many on here I'm sure, have already heeded the call many times before and have now exhausted my own little outreach program. I really do need some tools and a new pitch to be able to go back again. And 'they're better this year' isn't enough.

Winning is clearly the most helpful, but as the past has proven, it's not feasible or even reasonable to be the smallest resourced club and expect to keep winning. And this is a huge problem for the football product in Australia, where it's simply not a religion to most people.

If the product is not tribal identity/belonging, and it has little currency in day to day conversation with friends, family or the media. then all you're left with is the football match. And if the product is just the football match, and that product is largely only enjoyable when you're winning... it's a hell of a problem.

Who wants to buy a dinner twelve pack to a restaurant that will serve you a mix of great food sometimes, average food at other, painfully bad at still others, then occasionally not even edible... and then every now and then a serious little dose of food poisoning... Tough sell.

And most on here will know how deflating it is when you've raved about your "restaurant" forever and tried to get some referrals to games, and finally you do get your friends to go at last, and all they get in return is shit food and gastro.

Anyway... 2k more members hey. Really doesn't seem like that many. But the football obsessed among the community are already on board or have already been on board and gone. So what we're really trying to secure now is another 2k people who likely are not actually that passionate about football which means it's really all on the game day experience in its broadest sense.

The women's league hopefully represents an opportunity to help put a bit of a dent in this and maybe attract a few passionate football fans who were not previously interested, and as mentioned above double headers definitely enrich game day experience for me personally. But after that (besides winning consistently) it's doing everything possible to improve the game day experience...

For myself, the simplest and most important thing that should be able to be achieved, is if I could just finally say to people, the game may be great, or it may be shit, but you won't get a better *insert burger / beer / coffee combo anywhere on the coast and there's always some good laughs and great entertainment on offer.

Do that and I can't see why we can't get to 8k.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

This is a good point. I know of one member who hasn't come back because of it and another who went for five years but is now back. For those of us who do love football, the low quality refereeing severely impacts.

Meerkat

They got 10k+ to the Matilda's game. I massage plenty of Women who like women and they have all been to a Mariners game but are not invested.....but give them a Mariners Womans team and they will get on board i believe.
Difference is that the Matildas was a “rare event” for the coast. Or so it was marketed. So people made the effort. Remains to be seen how many will make the effort for womens football on a regular basis.

Corsair

Difference is that the Matildas was a “rare event” for the coast. Or so it was marketed. So people made the effort. Remains to be seen how many will make the effort for womens football on a regular basis.
My concern is it'll erode the crowds for the men's team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami