• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Chairman’s Email 25/1

Tevor

This Saturday we will get slaughtered by Evans and KGJ, we all know it and there is nothing we can do about it. Sooo much is out of our control and it is regularly mentioned on socials how bad the officiating is. I stopped watching P- games last season because of the officiating and when we get ripped off this weekend it will probably happen again. Make the game day experience better, the stadium hasn’t improved more than 5%. Where is the sales pitch? come watch us get shafted and pay $20 per head for something that is apparently called food.

Big Al

Another issue is Rich talks about passive income (for those unfamiliar it’s money you don’t have to do anything for. Basically investment earning - rents, dividends, interest etc)

The question is would it be in Rich’s (Not Mariners) best interests to have any passive income earning assets inside the Mariners frame work or outside it like MC and the COE?

If he does it outside of the Mariners then that his money to do what he likes with it. His attitude seems to be if he had that sort of money he could deem that his play money and pour it into the Mariners. However if he ever got bored he can divert that to something else like his bike riding.

If he did it within the Mariners it could add value to the Mariners and it’s license and it would be tied up within the club to a degree but the rules of business are to keep your assets away from loss making ventures like a football club so that if you are sued or face liquidation etc those Assets are separate.

I think if he set something up outside of the Mariners to be his play money to run it so he doesn’t need to rely on his AF business or other personal investments for his family.

Things we could be talking about are houses to rent to rent to players or outside people as straightforward investments or share market portfolios etc with the earnings put into the club.

The issue is where does he get that money from. The passive income is a more longterm view and takes time to increase and create value. Might be something he does if he buys the club.

A futures fund if you like.

LG__

As usual C**ntsworth comes out smelling like shit. I could actually feel Rich's frustration in this email.

The numbers don't add up but we have been spending to compile a decent squad and Rich's has dipped into his pocket for the Women's team so maybe he is not being "creative" with the numbers.

The Vibe at the games is definately on the up. Keep serving up the good results and the Coast will come back to the fold.
This was a concern for me, without knowing the ins and outs, we aren’t a club that can afford to pump money into a women’s program if that is going to be detrimental to our main asset, which is of course our men’s team.

Of course I want us to have a women’s side but not if it puts us in a worse financial predicament.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Is that why there is no accountability? Are we forced to use their refs? Could the league employee our own refs or would that be even worse?
It doesn't explain the lack of accountability.

Anyway, FA could block hire of independent refs, eg by banning affiliated refs from taking the job. I would imagine having refs unaffiliated with the national FA would be a problem.

Not to mention, they'd be giving up all hope of international games.

We'd need FA agreement to take control of the referees, but I can't see that ever happening.

JoyfulPenguin

The COE was built with 10 million from the Federal Government, to be our home, how in the hell can it be justified that Charlesworth now holds it to ransom?

rbakersmith

The COE was built with 10 million from the Federal Government, to be our home, how in the hell can it be justified that Charlesworth now holds it to ransom?
The club never owned the land that the CoE sits on, that was purchased by Mariners FC Developments. Again, you can thank Turnbull et al for this.

MC isn't about to just give away something that's actually providing a return on his investment.

shipwreck

Well the club is kinda f**ked isn't it ?

How does it work for other clubs? Who owns Sydney's training facilities?

rbakersmith

Well the club is kinda f**ked isn't it ?

How does it work for other clubs? Who owns Sydney's training facilities?
Sydney FC lease the site for their facility from Macquarie Uni, while Blacktown Council owns the location of WSW's CoE.

The owners of the Bulls have purchased a site near Camden to build their facility.

FFC Mariner

I'm a customer, not a part owner in any way shape or form.
No one else's job to underwrite a millionaires business but the owners.
We aren't owners.
If you want people to do more. Give something
Oh right. Begging letters don't work that way do they

Last edited:

style_cafe

I`ve said it for years 'the draw should be home and away each week'
We`ve had so many home games so far which is great,albeit it puts a strain on the family having to commit to football one day a week. Although now we`re going into the down side where we have a period of a month between home games, which is ridiculous and will affect crowd numbers.
A home and away draw is not that hard to do if the league is serious about lifting crowd numbers... :popcorn:

marinermick

The club never owned the land that the CoE sits on, that was purchased by Mariners FC Developments. Again, you can thank Turnbull et al for this.

MC isn't about to just give away something that's actually providing a return on his investment.

Sporting facilities don’t make money. They are almost always subsidised in one way or another.

The greatest return the CoE can give is having players improve their performance, which improves results, which then increase income.

Many years ago I was shot down massively on this forum when I stated that the CoE won’t be the Mariners’s golden egg and that it will struggle to break even.

Nothing has changed in the past decade that has changed my mind.

Insertnamehere

Haven't been watching the last decade? Corporate welfare is rampant

Omni

I appreciate the candor. Transparency is useful and good I think.
I’m excited for the new membership structure given how far away I live

FFC Mariner

I appreciate the candor. Transparency is useful and good I think.
I’m excited for the new membership structure given how far away I live
"Loss" doesn't equate to his previous statements.$850k a year in sales to break even wasn't it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami