• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Comparing CCM Fans to other forums - how can we improve?

adz

Staff member
There are other forums out there for fans of other clubs, A-League in general, sport in general, or whatever.

I'd like to hear from people that post on those forums (or just read them) and get some feedback on what they like about them that we could do better here?

This could be anything from features, the conversations, topics in general, moderating... basically, what do they do that we can do too, to improve CCM Fans?

Big Al

@adz

she’s a bloody beauty. Looks great still taking a little time to get used to it but it would have to easily be the best going around I’ve seen.

shits all over WSW Jets and SFC to me. I only look on those very occasionally when something is happening of interest

thanks for your hard work

Big Al

@adz can you add a post link at the top of each thread

if you go to post something new on a thread there is no pages at the top to cycle to the last post you have to scroll down the page to the posting box.

would a simple box post here be possible at the top of the thread?

or is there something and i am missing it

jacobsfl

@adz can you add a post link at the top of each thread

if you go to post something new on a thread there is no pages at the top to cycle to the last post you have to scroll down the page to the posting box.

would a simple box post here be possible at the top of the thread?

or is there something and i am missing it
Click on "Jump to new" in the top right.

jacobsfl

I've been thinking of a "Live Thread" which basically turns a thread into a chat, or a separate chat ... anyhoo something that is being looked into :)
Just takes a while to sift through everyone's comments where a live chat box (or thread as you imply) allows you to view comments much easier.

From forums I've been on in the past, the chatbox is used for comments on the fly, while threads are used for more detailed comments.

Big Al

Click on "Jump to new" in the top right.
You talking about the lightening bolt?

That takes you to latest posts but i am saying i want to make a new post in an old thread that doesn’t have new posts

maybe a link next to the unwatch button at the top of the thread

so I enter the thread. Lets say mariners stuff not related anything. I go in there and then i am on page 1. I want to hit post so i can add something new not reply to someone. I have to scroll to the end of the page.
Maybe i am missing something still?
@adz

Attachments

• 7D37AF9C-34C4-4EBD-ADEE-411012EC2D1B.png
    7D37AF9C-34C4-4EBD-ADEE-411012EC2D1B.png
    301.7 KB · Views: 4

adz

Staff member
Trying to think of how it worked before, I think it should scroll you to the end if you have read everything, or to the latest unread, will have to check

Big Al

Trying to think of how it worked before, I think it should scroll you to the end if you have read everything, or to the latest unread, will have to check
I think page numbers were at the top as well so could go to last page from the top.

if you go in via menu to see all the sub forum options nothing is bold because you have read them all so going to last read isnt an option as you want to say something new to and old thread.

used to go in from main menu then into sub menu then select last page from the top of the sub menu then scroll down to last post then you could post. Most times the last page was quite short (not always)

if possible a simple post next to the unwatch would be great

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami