• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Competitive concussion thread

Wombat

a circus act that made boxing a bigger laughing stock than it already was .

Not sure thats fair TB. He was a hard arse that came up through the toughman challenges over there. He didnt have much technical boxing training but he didnt really need it because he could bang people out in seconds. He was always going to get found out at the top level but was far too much for any mid range boxers.

true believer

Not sure thats fair TB. He was a hard arse that came up through the toughman challenges over there. He didnt have much technical boxing training but he didnt really need it because he could bang people out in seconds. He was always going to get found out at the top level but was far too much for any mid range boxers.
he got here and pulled out when he realised he was fighting the real thing . not some fat burnt out footy player.
he was chicken shit when it counted

true believer

Against McNeely who fought Tyson.
mcneely lasted about 30 seconds and the stooges that set that up tried to strip him of his money because
he was a patsey (that was in the tyson fight . the first fight he had after he got out of jail)

Last edited:

true believer

He would have knocked out Big Bob in the first round without a doubt. BTW i saw Bob last week at Bateau Bay and he still looks bloody fit.
that fat bastard pulled out because his mate rob calloway told him "he'll put you in a grave " bob could box butterturd was a circus clown

Wombat

I love the Patriotism but Bob was a very limited fighter himself. Big and tough but not exactly top drawer. Bob could certainly box but would have lost to butterbean by knockout.
I always gauge Aussies fighters how they go in the UK. If they can beat a Pom Commonwealth champ they are on the way to World Class but Bob fought twice in england and got smashed within 4 rounds both times. BTW Calloway was a mug fighter

true believer

bob calloway had a tittle.butterbean was the one that pulled out .
bob a good jab and a decent right . butterbean is a circus clown

Wombat

TB Calloway's tittle was a joke. Its like me putting on a promotion for the EGTM belt. Butterbean had freakish knock out power combined with him being a obese man and being a white boy knocking out black fellas.....that was the circus act. Behind that was a seriously hard individual who loved to spark people out.

91 fights with only 10 loses with 58kos (he also had 7 Kickoxing bouts....they would have been funny...i'm tipped he kicked once per fight, especially as kicks are way more tiring than puching. And he had 28 MMA bouts....that is a serious warrior there TB!

Bob.... 55 fights for 23 loses and 21 kos.

No comparison.

I once got my nose broken by a fat Butterbean character who i disrespected because i thought fat people couldnt fight and wouldnt have any speed. We are all stupid in our late teens/early twenties.....(apart from Dibo)

Wombat

Do you think Big Bob fought winners? he lost twice to Johnny "Fingers" Hoppoate twice for gods sake!!!

Heavyweight boxing in Australia has been nothing short of disgraceful for the last 20 years.

true believer

Do you think Big Bob fought winners? he lost twice to Johnny "Fingers" Hoppoate twice for gods sake!!!

Heavyweight boxing in Australia has been nothing short of disgraceful for the last 20 years.
Australia never has had heavy weight . Nor did england till a large influx of african decent people arrived .
Indeed after bobby fitzsimmions no pommy won the world tittle , till in the 80's they start giving belts for being able to stand and talk without falling over.

The italians had one in the 30's primo carnera . Who was dehumanised by max bear . Who in turn lost to the famous cindarella man.

Wombat

In England the Heavyweights are from Jamaica and the carribean not Africa in the main but apart from David Price (6FT 8IN) recent British Champ and Tyson Fury (6ft 7in) recent world champ...... The White boys are too small.

Henry Cooper was a legend but only 6ft 2in and Joe Bugnar was a Hungarian refugee (6ft 5) who won the British title from Cooper and went on to fight all the legendary heavyweights including Ali. He even moved to Australia when he was washed up and won the Australian title with ease.

Carnera was no less of a circus act than Butterbean.

Only Billy Wells (before Carnera era even) was a British fighter that could claim to be a world class heavyweight like Fitzsimmonds.

England has had some very dominant Heavyweights recently but they have been black. Britain is better at producing quality welterweights and middleweights.

Last edited:

Wombat

Hey Syd
You know wrestling is not real don't you mate? I must abmit Rowdy Roddy Piper and the British Bulldogs back in the day did used to put on a good show.
Cheers
wombat

Rowdy

Why is 'Doggy Style' the most popular sex position in the US state of Alabama ??

Because that way, they 'both' can watch the wrestling ! :tv:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami